NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it'll be the least interesting Patriots Super Bowl since the 80s one way or another. I'll say 30-17 Pats.

lol. this eagles team is way better than either of the giants teams that beat the pats but nobody here is giving them a chance to even make it close. sure new england is likely to win but it's certainly not going to be a 40 point blowout :rolleyes:

lol. this eagles team is way better than either of the giants teams that beat the pats but nobody here is giving them a chance to even make it close. sure new england is likely to win but it's certainly not going to be a 40 point blowout :rolleyes:

That's why there's a Jinx Alert. The opposite could happen. But, if I'm correct, I look like a genius. :wink:

The only thing I'll say is anything is possible in the Super Bowl. Take the 2 NYG victories over NE. Or last year's NE comeback.

I think it'll be neck and neck through the first half... Possibly even with the eagles in the lead, and then Belichick will make some sort of adjustment in the 2nd half to turn Foles over.

Part of me also thinks it could be a very low scoring, turnover filled game for both teams... alas... I'll stick with 34-21, with the last 7 coming on a 4th quarter pick 6.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What else do you want? If Wentz was playing I'd pick the Eagles.

Foles was terrific last week. Maybe he will be again, or maybe that was a blip on the radar and the rest if his mediocre at best, bad at worst performances since Wentz went down is reality.

As for your comment about these eagles being better than either Giants team, I'm not sure how that's relevant whatsoever to picking this game. Are the Pats the same teams that played in 2007 and 2011? Whether or not you're right is meaningless, as the comparison doesn't matter whatsoever. The 2007 Giants weren't better than the 2007 Patriots.

it's the sense of "it's tom brady/the patriots in the super bowl so of course they're going to win" that annoys me...not you in particular (you of all people here know that's not the case) but all week i've been talking to people who are totally forgetting that they've lost super bowls to weaker teams before.

anybody who thinks this is going to be an easy game for tom brady clearly hasn't watched this eagles defense play. there is no chance in hell they are getting 40 points scored on them.

Last edited:
I agree. It's why I'm staying away from being on this game.

The Eagles are better... but they're starting a backup QB who's been wildly inconsistent since taking over, mostly on the not good side of that.

I'm taking the pats not because of fancy pants "I don't get sunburned cause I hydrate" Brady. I'm taking them cause of Belichick (who i think may retire after this one)

Yeah, the Pats are favorites, but there are plenty of analysts picking the Eagles, so they are certainly getting some love.

I’d love for the Patriots to win easily for a change, and I know they want to start better this time, but I still think it will be relatively close.

I’m going 23-14 because I want to win my square as well.

i thought my own sarcasm was obvious too from the second half of that sentence.

in fact you should always assume sarcasm as the bassis of all my posts.

Back
Top Bottom