NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best part of the first episode is when they show the ring ceremony, with the tables loaded with fine china and champagne flutes and they show Gronk and he's got a box of Popeye's chicken on the table.
Is that a joke or did I just miss that? Either way it's hilarious. I love Gronk so much. I'd like to just hang out with him for a day. See how he does even the most mundane things. Something tells me I'd never stop laughing.

Is that a joke or did I just miss that? Either way it's hilarious. I love Gronk so much. I'd like to just hang out with him for a day. See how he does even the most mundane things. Something tells me I'd never stop laughing.

No joke. Watch that scene again, Gronk has a box of Popeye's on the table. Its only on screen for a second or 2, but its there.

No joke. Watch that scene again, Gronk has a box of Popeye's on the table. Its only on screen for a second or 2, but its there.
I will. I loved the Gronk Family Feud episode, and the Gronk Shark Tank. His brothers are all just like him.

I just hope he can play in the Super Bowl, if it's safe for him to do so. Dr. Cantu said he thinks he could. He is a renowned concussion expert, but obviously he hasn't examined Gronk.

I investigated the Popeye ' s issue, found this. So at least it wasn't just Gronk.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/201...017-patriots-ring-ceremony-gucci-mane-popeyes

Just watched the second episode of Tom vs Time. He's a maniac about watching film over and over again. He's still watching old Super Bowls. I listen to him on EEI, that's the only thing I can stomach on that show. So I already knew how disciplined he is about that stuff. But it's still so impressive. He says in this episode that he can sit in his office chair for five hours at a time doing that. Then he calls Josh McDaniels about plays that he noticed.

It's nice to see him with his kids too.

Eli will be watching it on a continuous loop next Sunday[emoji38]
ChrisPaul1.gif

I've always liked Tom Brady. I have an admiration for what the Patriots have done.

Late career Tom Brady and his "my trainer is a genius and I'm going to play till I'm 90 because of him" thing is nauseating.

Well I find some things about Tom to be nauseating too. I'm not a worshipper, I just admire his hard work and dedication and competitive spirit.

At least he dodged the bullet of having Trump for a father in law. That could have been the worst thing of all.

Good player and good guy that I'm happy to root for, but a terrible deal. Kinda smells of that awful move we made for McNabb back in the day. The worst part is losing young CB Kendall Fuller in the deal.

Could we get to the playoffs with Alex Smith? Sure, but we really need to get the running game in order. He's never been successful without a good one. I'll feel better if we draft an absolute stud that can be an every down back for us, with Chris Thompson spelling them with his excellent athleticism.

Last edited:
It is remarkable to me that he has had a lengthy NBA career because he is exactly what he was in college: a good passer who can't defend and can only score on the occasional runner.

It is remarkable to me that he has had a lengthy NBA career because he is exactly what he was in college: a good passer who can't defend and can only score on the occasional runner.
He has two terrific moves the other night against OKC... Completely shook his defender, got to the rim... and just had his shit destroyed by Steven Adams.

Plus he looks like he's 12.

I think it'll be neck and neck through the first half... Possibly even with the eagles in the lead, and then Belichick will make some sort of adjustment in the 2nd half to turn Foles over.

Part of me also thinks it could be a very low scoring, turnover filled game for both teams... alas... I'll stick with 34-21, with the last 7 coming on a 4th quarter pick 6.

Back
Top Bottom