NFL 2016 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fuck the Eagles, their horrendous fanbase and dumpheap of a city. Dave and Peef are cool, but that's it.

On the plus side, thanks for ending the particularly annoying Patriots storyline of 2017 with a loss. I hope it's the beginning of the end of their dynasty. I've been hoping that for a long time.

Last edited:
Congrats Eggleference fans.

When the game ended they said "finally, the drought is over." I had not a damn clue what they were talking about.

Bend not break fucking broke. Third down absolutely killed the Pats. It finally caught up with them, even though Brady shredded the Eagles D.

The Patriots defense has kind of stunk all season, it's just been covered up by opponents having to play catch-up all the time.

That being said, I have no idea why Malcolm Butler was demoted to special teams duty.

To be The Man, you've got to beat The Man. Philly finally done it. An entertaining and competitive game. Aside from a W, that's all that one could ask for.

there's no problem. wentz is the quarterback of the future for this team. nick foles is the best trade bait in recent NFL history. get another one :hyper:

Anytime you hear someone call a play "gutsy" it pretty much means it was a bullshit decision that worked. They should have kicked the field goal. Alas...

I can assure you that at the time I was not pleased that the Eagles decided to go for it.

there's no problem. wentz is the quarterback of the future for this team. nick foles is the best trade bait in recent NFL history. get another one :hyper:

Only one other quarterback is known to have defeated Tom Brady and Bill Blablacheck. Assuming they play for at least another 20 years, you'd want to keep that Foles guy.

Only one other quarterback is known to have defeated Tom Brady and Bill Blablacheck. Assuming they play for at least another 20 years, you'd want to keep that Foles guy.

They'd be idiots not to jump on the hype there's going to be from desperate teams for Foles.

Bend not break fucking broke. Third down absolutely killed the Pats. It finally caught up with them, even though Brady shredded the Eagles D.

Well done, Philly. The parade should be utterly ridiculous.

I like that when the Patriots were doing it at the beginning of the game, it was "Bend don't break" but when the Eagles were doing the exact same thing, they just didn't know how to handle the Patriots O. Spin is fun.

I am happy for Eagles team. I am ecstatic for Nick Foles. Being friendly with Dave and Dan, I am happy for them. But overall, I have a bit of a sick feeling about that fanbase finally getting a Super Bowl. I just can't ever forgive them for cheering Michael Irvin's career-ending injury. Yelling, "Fuck Millie" after beating the Vikings didn't help my opinion of them.

But you know what? Martellus Bennett didn't get (another) ring (was he even eligible being on IR?), and *that* is worth its weight in gold to me this season.

I like that when the Patriots were doing it at the beginning of the game, it was "Bend don't break" but when the Eagles were doing the exact same thing, they just didn't know how to handle the Patriots O. Spin is fun.

What the hell are you talking about?

Bend don't break is a commonly used phrase to describe bad defenses that are able to be just good enough in 3rd and long and in the red zone.

http://m.startribune.com/patriots-defense-is-the-best-at-bend-but-don-t-break/472531183/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...defense-you-wont-beat-us-kicking-field-goals/

The Pats just broke.

Headache was referring to 4th-and-goal from the 1 with :35 or so left in the half. Easy choice to go for it. Best case scenario for the Patriots is a stop and trying to drive into FG range from the 1.

The 4th-and-1 from the Eagles 45 or so on the game-winning drive I thought was a pretty obvious go for it as well.

Headache was referring to 4th-and-goal from the 1 with :35 or so left in the half. Easy choice to go for it. Best case scenario for the Patriots is a stop and trying to drive into FG range from the 1.

The 4th-and-1 from the Eagles 45 or so on the game-winning drive I thought was a pretty obvious go for it as well.
I do have the actual statistical breakdown on going for it vs not... but the way the Pats were moving the ball it was certainly not an easy call to leave points on the board. It worked, but it wasn't a no-brainer

It was also balls to try trickery and tomfoolery in that play....

Being friendly with Dave and Dan, I am happy for them.

thank you for this, but the entire rest of that post is a giant crock of shit. :rolleyes:

Yeaaaaaa you should probably just enjoy this one for a while before spring about getting another one

you're right, i was a bit tongue in cheek with that and caught up in the excitement of the win (and also a bit drunk). but i do think this team does have the potential to win another with the core they have, though not necessarily next year. we shall see, but for now yes i am definitely going to enjoy this one. :D

thank you for this, but the entire rest of that post is a giant crock of shit. :rolleyes:

you're right, i was a bit tongue in cheek with that and caught up in the excitement of the win (and also a bit drunk). but i do think this team does have the potential to win another with the core they have, though not necessarily next year. we shall see, but for now yes i am definitely going to enjoy this one. :D
Welp... they have good young pieces, but they also have many questions and a not so great cap situation.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

But you know what? Martellus Bennett didn't get (another) ring (was he even eligible being on IR?), and *that* is worth its weight in gold to me this season.

He would've gotten the ring if the Pats won. Pretty sure anything off the roster is a discretion by the team, but most teams give rings to players who didn't even finish the season with them. Bennett played two games, he would've gotten a ring.

Fans in Philly are so "euphoric" that they are eating horseshit in the streets. That's a whole new level of celebration.

Back
Top Bottom