MORE 2013 Misc New U2 Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Maybe Bono knew Friso or the family? He knows a lot of people. I don't think he'd been invited if it weren't so.

Anyway, Desmond Tutu and Kofi Annan were there as well.

Here are some more pictures:

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands04_zps279d9712.jpg

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands05_zps795583c9.jpg

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands02_zps2847ff93.jpg

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands07_zpsbffe72e9.jpg

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands06_zpsa40009fd.jpg

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands08_zps313b5cb1.jpg

BonoAliFrisoMemorialNetherlands01_zps944a1c2d.jpg

What on earth are they doing here for that service? :lol: They have no ties to our Royal family at all!

Actually I believe Bono does have a friendship with King Alexander. Alexander and his wife were at the attendance at the least concert in Amsterdam.

Maybe this is the answer to what is the connection between Bono and Friso (from Twitter)

U2Roeli (@U2roeli)
2/11/13 16:01
Mabel of Orange, the widow of Prince Friso, has also been CEO of The Elders (independent group of global leaders for peace and human rights)

Just came across another photo of Bono on Instagram. This was probably taken on Thursday at the Web Summit in Dublin.

Instagram

Although, after taking a closer look at the decor, they might be ar the Stag's Head pub?! :hmm:

Looks like one of those British TV presenter dudes. Ant or Dec? Never know who's who?
Oh and for anyone who's looking (random anecdote) , those fabulous hats are made by Knithead.
They made them especially for Depeche Mode's guitarist, back in 2006. The dude wore them on stage and they went viral ever since.
:giggle: I think they are kinda cute/cool.

Actually I believe Bono does have a friendship with King Alexander. Alexander and his wife were at the attendance at the least concert in Amsterdam.
;) Willem-Alexander is his name, and yes you are right. He has connections with Maxima, WA's wife. She does a lot of humanitarian stuff on the side as well.

Maybe this is the answer to what is the connection between Bono and Friso (from Twitter)

U2Roeli (@U2roeli)
2/11/13 16:01
Mabel of Orange, the widow of Prince Friso, has also been CEO of The Elders (independent group of global leaders for peace and human rights)

:hmm: Now that clears up a lot, I did not know that.

Looks like one of those British TV presenter dudes. Ant or Dec? Never know who's who?
Oh and for anyone who's looking (random anecdote) , those fabulous hats are made by Knithead.
They made them especially for Depeche Mode's guitarist, back in 2006. The dude wore them on stage and they went viral ever since.
:giggle: I think they are kinda cute/cool.

Well the original poster of the pic was by Junglebird and I just googled him and it seems like he's runs an enviromental organization, here's his Twitter account....

https://twitter.com/JungleBird

Never knew that about the Union Jack hats though! :giggle:

:rolleyes: It's from Bild, a German trash rag. They claim Bono and Ali were tactless as they found something amusing at the funeral service. What a load of...

Well if that's what they're saying, they're wrong. This wasn't a funeral (a dutch article said that Prince Friso was actually buried several months ago), where you mourn the death of a person, but this was a memorial service, where you celebrate a persons life. So it's just the tabloids trying to make a mountain out of a non existant mole hill, again! :tsk:

BILD is a horrible newspaper. They took some random picture and took it out of context to make them look bad. I absolutely don't think that either Ali or Bono intended to be rude or tactless at that event, it may have been just a moment where someone told a lovely or funny anecdote about the Prince's life or something similar, so I'm pretty sure they weren't the only ones there having a little smile. Bono and Ali have been to so many public events and many funerals and memorial services so I believe they know pretty well how to behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom