LOST: The Final Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that bugged me from the episode last night was the obsession with blowing up the plane. You can disable or destroy a plane with sticks from the jungle if you want, you don't have to blow it up. Kinda lame.

Whiny-bitch Richard is next on my death list.

She had to blow up.

Watching her swing that bag of dynamite around and dropping water bottles on it, all I could think was, why the HELL isn't she blowing up?!?

Such a great moment.

I know! it was just great! ^

I agree with the Desmond helping with merging their lives theory....I wonder if because we did not see who the mother of Jack's son is, in his alternate life, that it will turn out to be Kate? did you see her grinning at him last night when he showed up at their camp?...also, I want badass Sayid back too...

Wow.

Ilana blowing up = best moment of the season so far. Maybe that was one of the "telegraphed" moments for some of you guys, but I didn't see it coming, and had to pause the TV because I was in a fit of uncontrollable maniacal laughter after it happened. SO awesome. A character that was pointless, that no-one cared about...boom.
I'm with you, GAF. I screamed "DIE, BITCH!!" and was cheering for a good 10 seconds after the explosion.

I laughed quite heartily. The wife didn't know what I thought was so funny so I rewound and showed her, she just thought something had been dropped on/at them, didn't realize it was Ilana blowing up...definitely funniest thing on the show this season.

I am finishing these last few episodes, having been on board for all the rest.

I have not poured over every detail.

But, this romance with Hugo,
now he is in the club with all (or is it most) of the other guys, where he has a lost love he would trade everything for to get back? am I wrong?

I laughed quite heartily. The wife didn't know what I thought was so funny so I rewound and showed her, she just thought something had been dropped on/at them, didn't realize it was Ilana blowing up...definitely funniest thing on the show this season.

It all happened so fast, I was like "wow. Bye Ilana, we hardly knew ye." And then I thought what a dumbass she was, having trained "all her life for this," but then tossing around unstable dynamite.

Yeah, Sayid was my favorite character in seasons 1-5, not liking the newfangled Sayid.

I'm more worried about Sayid than disliking him. The guy was a straight-up hero before, and I'd hate to see him exit in an evil fashion.

I was kind of wondering if him not killing Zoe when he took Desmond is an indication that there's something more going on. If he is pure evil, why wouldn't he have killed her?

I'm more worried about Sayid than disliking him. The guy was a straight-up hero before, and I'd hate to see him exit in an evil fashion.

This is exactly what I was saying to my kids last night. I've been feeling a bit disappointed that Sayid may go out like this. He's one of the originals that we've had so much time and emotion poured into, watching him last night, he's become comical, I was laughing at him. That's really a shame I think. I know the season isn't over though so I'll still have hope for something more for him. It's not so much I hate that he would go out evil, but I hope that he wouldn't go out boring.

I think that Desmond ran the fuck over ol' asshead because he knows that the OG Locke is supposed to be dead. I don't think that it's going to work, obviously, and assume this will all end with OG Locke alive and well, but I think that that was the motivation.

Maybe Desmond didn't want the island "John Locke" to have a body to merge with. Or he just wanted Locke to meet up with Jack.

It was great that after Ilana got Arzt-ed that Richard remembered the stable explosives in the Other's houses.

They already established Desmond is special
surviving the electro magnetic field,
and there was that one episode awhile back where he would "shake" into another reality.

It all happened so fast, I was like "wow. Bye Ilana, we hardly knew ye." And then I thought what a dumbass she was, having trained "all her life for this," but then tossing around unstable dynamite.

I know I'm in the minority for liking Ilana, but I think the writers had more in store for her, but no time to do anything about it.

She obviously was an underdeveloped character so her blowing up was not a big deal, but I worry that in the interest of finishing the show, they are going to carelessly off some more important characters, too. Like I said before, I'd like to see the main characters die more in the fashion of Boone and Charlie. I think the deaths have gotten more sloppily written as the pressure of the end is approaching. That's too bad.

(Like Locke being murdered by Ben, but reborn as the MIB is a pretty unsatifying end for possibly the most interesting character through 4 seasons--depending on his condition after Desmond's Toyota stunt)

Something that bugged me from the episode last night was the obsession with blowing up the plane. You can disable or destroy a plane with sticks from the jungle if you want, you don't have to blow it up. Kinda lame.

Whiny-bitch Richard is next on my death list.

I love Richard but he was acting like "a whiny-bitch" that whole episode...

"Hugo, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!"

STFU

How would sideways Desmond even know about island Locke?

Yeah, I wondered if Desmond thinks it was Locke who pushed him down the well with no Lassie in sight to save him or if he knows its in fact Johnny Cash.

The scene where he meets him and Faucke asks if he knows who he is and Desmond says "sure, you're John Locke"...is that what he believes cause he wasn't privy to news of Locke's death and Mocke's inhabitation of his body or is Desmond playing Smocke.

I also cheered when Illana blew up. I actually rewound it and watched it again. :wink: Hopefully Zoe is next.

For some reason I thought when Desmond hit Locke with his car that Locke was going to sit up and be able to walk again. :huh:

desjohn.gif

Yeah, I wondered if Desmond thinks it was Locke who pushed him down the well with no Lassie in sight to save him or if he knows its in fact Johnny Cash.

The scene where he meets him and Faucke asks if he knows who he is and Desmond says "sure, you're John Locke"...is that what he believes cause he wasn't privy to news of Locke's death and Mocke's inhabitation of his body or is Desmond playing Smocke.

I don't know, I got the impression that he knew it wasn't the real Locke.

I know I'm in the minority for liking Ilana, but I think the writers had more in store for her, but no time to do anything about it.

I had actually gone from "who the fuck is she, and why should I care?" to liking her a little after the Ben episode. I know I'm unusual for liking Ben, but she showed him way more compassion than you'd expect anyone in her place to. I hope we at least get to find out more about her relationship with Jacob.

I love Richard but he was acting like "a whiny-bitch" that whole episode...

"Hugo, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!?!"

STFU

Lol, when he does that hysterical, voice-cracking thing, it's hilarious.

I've watched this more times than I care to count:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc7ntzR9Gys

I don't know, I got the impression that he knew it wasn't the real Locke.

Me too. But then I wonder if it's just because, as Lost viewers, we've essentially been conditioned not to believe anyone. :wink:

As for why Desmond hit Locke, I've read 4 theories:

1) Desmond can simultaneously remember both realities, and he knows that fake Locke threw him down the well, so he did it for revenge.

2) Desmond wanted to give him a near-death experience so he'd remember the island reality.

3) Desmond wanted to kill Locke so that Esau/MIB couldn't later take over his body.

4) Desmond wanted to injure Locke so that he'd be sent to LA's one hospital (ha!) where the rest of them are, and then he could meet up with Jack and recall the island.

Also, I loved the Hurley and Libby parts. Hurley is one of my favourite characters - he's the most pure and good, and I think in many ways, over the years, there have been situations where he's almost like the voice of the audience - the normal one who questions, so that they can provide exposition. In any case, he's one of the "untouchables" for me - I need him to be happy and have a good outcome. It was awesome to see Libby again. I was super disappointed when Darlton seemed to drop her storyline, and it seemed like we weren't ever going to find out what she was about. They may not have answered everything about her last night, but I'm satisfied. Also, the actress has such pretty, expressive eyes.

I know I'm unusual for liking Ben

I wouldn't say you're unusual for that. I think Linus is a pretty popular character. I might be wrong.

And pretty much all four of those reasons for the hit and run that you listed seem plausible, for this show.

That satisfied smirk Des has right as Locke bounces off his windscreen is telling, but could just be a perk of the job if he does recall both realities at once.

I wouldn't say you're unusual for that. I think Linus is a pretty popular character. I might be wrong.

And pretty much all four of those reasons for the hit and run that you listed seem plausible, for this show.

Yeah, I know he's popular as a villain, someone you love to hate, but I thought I was in the minority for actually rooting for him, and feeling sympathy for him. I'm a sucker for an abused kid story, and he really did suffer when he was young, not to mention being "changed" by the temple pool. I want good things for him, too*. Or if not good, I hope he at least finds some peace. I think he's as much a victim as the original Losties are.

As for the theories, I'm kind of leaning toward 2 or 4, but as monkeyskin said, Desmond's smirk as he hits him is interesting...

*Ideally, I want him to hook up with alternate universe Rousseau, and become Alex's father for reals.

Yeah, I know he's popular as a villain, someone you love to hate, but I thought I was in the minority for actually rooting for him, and feeling sympathy for him. I'm a sucker for an abused kid story, and he really did suffer when he was young, not to mention being "changed" by the temple pool. I want good things for him, too*. Or if not good, I hope he at least finds some peace. I think he's as much a victim as the original Losties are.

Was it you that had a sig for a while that said "I don't know what's going on on Lost anymore, so here's a picture of Ben with a pancake on his head" or something? That was funny.

Was it you that had a sig for a while that said "I don't know what's going on on Lost anymore, so here's a picture of Ben with a pancake on his head" or something? That was funny.

Yes! And I've been thinking that I should switch back to that, while there's still time for it to be relevant. Sigh. You may have just motivated me to do so.

Done. Obviously.

*Ideally, I want him to hook up with alternate universe Rousseau, and become Alex's father for reals.

I'd never thought of that before, but that's an awesome idea. I like it.

Yes! And I've been thinking that I should switch back to that, while there's still time for it to be relevant. Sigh. You may have just motivated me to do so.

Done. Obviously.

:love: So filled with win! :D

Also, what is the guess who the kid is that keeps showing up when MIB Locke is seemingly taking someone off to kill....who is that supposed to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom