Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
STREETS IS NEXT...

I told our source that u2.com posted the list and their assholes so if he didnt feeling texting me every few minutes, he didnt have to. It's pretty obvious what their going to play.

timothius said:

Man this thread moves fast... you do 5 mins of work and ure out of it.

Even at Hershy?

Pre-Vertigo Tour, the public rehearsal at Hershey was the only show where Zoo Station was played but did not open. It was followed by The Fly as usual, though.

And yeah, this is going really quickly. The wording in my last two posts has stank incredibly, I don't feel I properly explained myself.

The encores are very boring and predictable. Great songs but the worst part of the show. Might as well just phone them in. How about just blowing us away with a curve ball?

I can't believe they would do that, meaning U2.com

what an absolute shame.

I guess if you are going to a show, steer clear of U2.com for at least a day or two.

knox said:
Axver -- they're doing more rotation than I expected. :)

Yeah, I'm surprised at some of what they've played. Absolutely cannot believe The Ocean. Talk about bringing a song back! Wow.

U2DMfan said:
I guess if you are going to a show, steer clear of U2.com for at least a day or two.

Not a worry for me. Never go there anyway. I suspect the same applies to most people here.

RademR said:
STREETS IS NEXT...

I told our source that u2.com posted the list and their assholes so if he didnt feeling texting me every few minutes, he didnt have to. It's pretty obvious what their going to play.

thanks a lot for doing this, RademR! you should go to bed- it's late! no need to stay up, since we all know how it ends. ;)

and thank to erichoulihan, too! i hope to return the favor to you all for one of the 3 more shows i'll be at in may... :)

I think that encores should be spontaneous. Really. They should go back there every night after the main set and makeup a setlist on the spot.

jachba said:
Westport,
The encore sets have pretty much been predictable since the Zoo TV tour.

At least last time, there was some variation on legs one and two - sometimes they would play The Fly or Pride third, and one night each, they did Party Girl and Angel Of Harlem in that slot.

erichoulihan, definetly thanks for doing this, hope you enjoyed the show and helping us out with the text messages didnt get in the way of a great time!!! :wave:

knox said:
I think that encores should be spontaneous. Really. They should go back there every night after the main set and makeup a setlist on the spot.

I know it's early in the tour but at some point you'd thing that they'd just enjoy challenging themselves. I'd get bored out of my mind playing the same stuff night after night.

knox said:

Agreed. I love the early shows where they would play the 'normal' encore, i.e. 11 O'clock Tick Tock and The Ocean, and then come back out again for more, like an impromptu Fire or I Will Follow.

And yes, big thanks to erichoulihan and RademR. Shame U2.com had to ruin the party. :madspit:

Westport said:

I know it's early in the tour but at some point you'd thing that they'd just enjoy challenging themselves. I'd get bored out of my mind playing the same stuff night after night.

I don't know how they did it on ZooTV or Popmart.

Axver said:

I don't know how they did it on ZooTV or Popmart.

On Zoo simple they varied in other areas, such as the Interference, Confessional & Phone Call Portions. They also varied the B-Stage and McPhestio sets greatly. By Zooropa everything changed.

PopMart...tho. The only variable was the ending.

Closing in on 10,000 views for this thread...some type of record for a few hours here?

Back
Top Bottom