Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 City of Blinding Lights
2 Vertigo / Stories for Boys
3 Elevation
4 The Cry / The Electric Co.
5 The Ocean
6 New Year's Day
7 Beautiful Day
8 Miracle Drug
9 Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
10 Love and Peace or Else
11 Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 Bullet the Blue Sky
3 Elevation
5 The Ocean
6 New Year's Day
7 Beautiful Day
8 Miracle Drug
11 Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 Bullet the Blue Sky

SMB

cuneatus2 said:
Isn't it about time somebody complained that they played Elevation or that the setlist isn't fluid enough or something?

We've already had the Elevation complaints.

Axver said:

By the way, to add to this, U2 played 7 shows after that on the Pre-War Tour, all of which almost certainly were closed by The Ocean or featured The Ocean in their encore. We just don't know the sets for those seven shows.

A friend of mine was at every Pre-War show in the Uk , i'll see if he has any setlist details .....

knox said:
*yawn*

Well, the excitement appears to be over...and it's going on midnight, so....

yeah, it's 1 am here... and since i already saw U2.com's setlist, i guess i should call it a night. it's been fun, kiddos- see you here again in a few days!

btw, if you hate this new U2.com setlist policy, send 'em a quick email...

goodnight! :wave:

Last edited:
celticbhoy said:

A friend of mine was at every Pre-War show in the Uk , i'll see if he has any setlist details .....

That'd be awesome if you could get any information we don't have. Here's the page for the Pre-War Tour, so you can see what we have and haven't got: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/tour195.html

I think we might actually have all the UK shows, though we're missing the Irish ones ...

Axver said:

It was broken, twice, when they opened with LAPOE but played SBS/BTBS later in the set at the last two shows.

Oh? There goes my cover! I wasn't here the last two shows. Still, unless Lapoe opens the show, it looks like those three songs have a habit of showing up together.

well let me just say, if they are doing it song for song on the list posted on U2.com even you die hard apologists can't apologize for that.

That is shit. Stupid.

I doubt the blame is on the band.

Shawn Bonneau said:
3 Elevation
5 The Ocean
6 New Year's Day
7 Beautiful Day
8 Miracle Drug
11 Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 Bullet the Blue Sky
3 Elevation
5 The Ocean
6 New Year's Day
7 Beautiful Day
8 Miracle Drug
11 Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 Bullet the Blue Sky

SMB

They played 12 songs, then repeated them? That hasn't been done on this tour yet.

Of course, now people will bitch that they should be playing 24 *different* songs. ;)

Last edited:
Oh well...yeah i'm out too has much as i love chatting with you guys its 1am here...and i've been going to bed waaay too late this past week...when is U2's next show anyways?

Have a goodnight/day everyone! :wave:

Axver said:

That'd be awesome if you could get any information we don't have. Here's the page for the Pre-War Tour, so you can see what we have and haven't got: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/tour195.html

I think we might actually have all the UK shows, though we're missing the Irish ones ...

U2tours.com has all the pre-war setlists except for the final seven shows, at least some of which were in Dublin.

U2DMfan said:
well let me just say, if they are doing it song for song on the list posted on U2.com even you die hard apologists can't apologize for that.

That is shit. Stupid.

I doubt the blame is on the band.

Yeah, U2.com probably thinks it's really cool and with it now that it gets access to the setlist before anyone else.

celticbhoy said:

U2 played 20 shows on the Pre-War tour in December 1982.

namkcuR said:

U2tours.com has all the pre-war setlists except for the final seven shows, at least some of which were in Dublin.

Yeah, I don't think anyone's got those final seven. Honestly not sure if we've got the rest ... can you tell I haven't been in the Pre-War Tour section of the site in a while?

namkcuR said:

I just checked both my site and U2tours.com, and we are both missing three in the middle - 1982-12-10, 11, and 12.

celticbhoy said:
Yeah he's been to over 100 u2 concerts since 1981.....including all the uk pre war , am not sure about dublin but i'll find out.....

Wow, that's awesome. The sets we're missing:

1982-12-10, Mechelen, Belgium
1982-12-11, Deinze, Belgium
1982-12-12, Genk, Belgium
1982-12-16, Oslo, Norway
1982-12-18, Cork, Ireland
1982-12-19, Galway, Ireland
1982-12-20, Belfast, Northern Ireland
1982-12-22, 23, 24, Dublin, Ireland

Back
Top Bottom