Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow...for a second show they're really, REALLY being conservative.

i'm not sure why they're not playing until the end of the world or bad at all. the boy songs will get old after a while...just like anything else that's done too often.

oh well, whatever. i don't know why i'm typing this. goodnight

timothius said:
Wow The Fly after Zoo Station... this must be the first time this has happened....

(Sarcasm off: Has Zoo Station ever been followed by something other than The Fly??)

Nope, always followed by The Fly.

Off-topic, but speaking of Los Angeles....

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to LA in May and we're looking for advice about hotels. Any recommendations? One spot we've heard a lot about is the Century Wilshire, out in Westwood, near UCLA. Know anything about it? Safe/clean?

Anything at all would be great, thanks....

jon_lemire said:

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to LA in May and we're looking for advice about hotels. Any recommendations? One spot we've heard a lot about is the Century Wilshire, out in Westwood, near UCLA. Know anything about it? Safe/clean?

i would suggest to stay in santa monica. but westwood/UCLA is definitely nice too. can't say about hotels...

jon_lemire said:

Really depends on your budget.

High end = Penisula or Beverly Hills Hotel or others.

I'm guessing that the encore will look like this:
17. Pride
18. Where the Streets Have No Name
19. One
20. All Because of You
21. Yahweh
22. “40”

1 City of Blinding Lights
2 Vertigo / Stories for Boys
3 Elevation
4 The Cry / The Electric Co.
5 The Ocean
6 New Year's Day
7 Beautiful Day
8 Miracle Drug
9 Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
10 Love and Peace or Else
11 Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 Bullet the Blue Sky
13 Running to Stand Still
14 Zoo Station
15 The Fly
16 Mysterious Ways

SMB

jon_lemire said:
Not high end. Would love to get a place under $100 a night.

Try the Sportsman's Lodge in Studio City...kinda rustic and funky but nice enough. Great pool. In the valley but 10 minutes to Beverly Hills.

During Mysterious ways, two girls got on stage and ran around the circle, Bono ran away from one.

RademR said:
During Mysterious ways, two girls got on stage and ran around the circle, Bono ran away from one.

omg!!! must see pics of this!! i wonder if he brought them onstage, or if they jumped the rail! hahahaha.... ;)

Looking forward to when U2 make this less predictable. Seems at the moment, they're getting comfortable on stage but introducing various songs they intend on playing, re: single playment of WOWY, ISHFWILF, The Ocean, Gloria.

jon_lemire said:
Not high end. Would love to get a place under $100 a night.

The other thing that I do when I travel on business is go Priceline and just pick your area and set your price and let the cards fall where they may...

Axver said:
Looking forward to when U2 make this less predictable. Seems at the moment, they're getting comfortable on stage but introducing various songs they intend on playing, re: single playment of WOWY, ISHFWILF, The Ocean, Gloria.

So you woulda predicted "The Ocean"? Come on, setlist boy...they are doing the best they can...

I wonder if anyone thought before the tour started that we would hear 4 complete songs and 1 partial one from "Boy" and that "I Will Follow" would not be one of them, especially within the first 6 shows?

My predicted encore:

Mofo
I Will Follow
Vertigo (Take 2)
Elvis Presley And America
With Or Without You
One

Out of Control
Vertigo (Take 3)
All Because Of You
Vertigo (Take 4 -- for us!)
Bad/Twilight (snippet)/Candle In The Wind (snippet)/The Macarena (snippet)/The Saga Begins (snippet)/Native Son (snippet)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)

Vertigo (Take 5 -- Edge on banjo, no Adam or Larry)
Van Dieman's Land/Seconds (snippet -- Edge's Part)
Numb/Sunday Bloody Sunday (snippet -- just Edge)

[short break while crew attempts to locate the rest of the band]

Party Girl
Jack And Diane (Larry singing)
It's Tricky (Adam and Bono singing)
Yahweh
"40"

Chrisedge said:

So you woulda predicted "The Ocean"? Come on, setlist boy...they are doing the best they can...

Heh, you misinterpreted me. What I meant is that I'm looking forward to when U2 make the order less predictable - we all could have seen the vast majority of this show coming. It seems they are essentially settling on one set with LAPOE and COBL rotatable as openers, and bringing in just one or two songs a night to give them a live performance before keeping them for later (at least, that's how it appears to me now).

Back
Top Bottom