July 8th and 9th 2011 - Hippodrome - Montreal - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on tripadvisor that guests who stay at the Embassy Suites receive 2 free drinks per night and complimentary breakfast. SCORE!

images

I know...:hug: I'm going to enjoy the rest of the summer because once school starts up again life will be crazy and time will fly by too fast!

^
27 days before I return to school inservices and work!!! And then life will be crazy again once the kiddos go back to school themselves.

It was a typical, nice Marriott (and free for us thanks to Marriott Points...!) Clean room, really comfy bed, metro right below (orange line that goes right to the Hippodrome). BUT...no in room safe and a little far from from the "action" (we did a lot of walking, cabing and metro riding) We'll probably stay there again next year or maybe the Hilton down the street (have points with them too:D)

Too bad you didn't come up last weekend...it would have been nice to meet you!

We love walking...planning to come up with a walking itinerary for next summer in Montreal. Loved the Hilton...stayed there in the winter many years ago (they have a cool indoor/outdoor pool open all year).

Would have loved to have been up in Montreal last weekend to meet all of you. However, it was my step-daughter's 18th birthday...she ended up having a party at home with all her friends.

wait a second... I became a "New Yorker" today..... is that the 2,500-post mark, or what? Or have I been a New Yorker for several days and just now noticed?:huh:

Marriott Chateau Champlain

We were scheduled to stay there this year, but Pricelined a room and ended up at Le Nouvel Hotel. We were just a bit further out than the Marriott-- had the same deal with taking the Metro most places.

I need to get to work on a place for next year. Considered staying near the Hippodrome at first, not sure now. I do know it will be a short trip next year. Loved Montreal, but I'm a bit broke after our 360 tour this summer sans the band! I was so relieved to see Montreal and TO back to back so there's only one ticket to Canada.

I'm hoping to stay at the same place as I did this year. It was super cheap, clean, right next to the metro, and in the plateau. I just need to figure out how many days I'm going to want to arrive before the show. I really like Montreal and want a few days in the city to just chill. And now that I have Toronto tickets I won't have any time after the shows to just hang out.

We were scheduled to stay there this year, but Pricelined a room and ended up at Le Nouvel Hotel. We were just a bit further out than the Marriott-- had the same deal with taking the Metro most places.

I need to get to work on a place for next year. Considered staying near the Hippodrome at first, not sure now. I do know it will be a short trip next year. Loved Montreal, but I'm a bit broke after our 360 tour this summer sans the band! I was so relieved to see Montreal and TO back to back so there's only one ticket to Canada.

That's the hotel we were at a couple weekends ago. Were you at Le Nouvel Hotel then too? We took the trip when the shows were supposed to be.

I was on the lookout for U2 shirts when we were out. The only one I saw was at St. Joseph's Oratory. Looking forward to seeing plenty more in 2011!

I was on the lookout for U2 shirts when we were out. The only one I saw was at St. Joseph's Oratory. Looking forward to seeing plenty more in 2011!

that was on my places of visit but by the time were gonna go there, I was churched out. Is it a cool place to visit or just a huge church with lots of steps?

Can't remember if I asked you this already, but how long of a walk was it from that hotel to the Hippodrome?

17-18 minutes I timed it. But part of that is waiting at lights. That takes you to the edge of the grass. If you just wanted to be out front, in front of the hippodrrome, it's more like 14 minutes.

Holy crap, it better not be really hot and humid that day, or I'll have to be dragged along the road halfway through that walk :lol:

17-18 minutes I timed it. But part of that is waiting at lights. That takes you to the edge of the grass. If you just wanted to be out front, in front of the hippodrrome, it's more like 14 minutes.

Is that the Quality Inn Midtown?

quality midtown, yeah. And Kristen, the $155 per night you got, that's the average of all the nights, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom