July 8th and 9th 2011 - Hippodrome - Montreal - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^:lol: I was a little surprised by just how dominant the French is in Montreal. I always kind of thought the dual language meant they were equal.

two days in quebec city is probably the right amount of time. You may be busy for much of the time, though :D. You can ask me on facebook and I'll tell you what you should do and what you can skip.

^:lol: I was a little surprised by just how dominant the French is in Montreal. I always kind of thought the dual language meant they were equal.

French is the primary language. everyone else takes English as a second language in school.

make sure to ask if they have air conditioning. many do not and it gets warm in july :)

^ That!:applaud:

I will have to follow Romi's advice and plan to do a U2 countdown of some sort...:shifty:

:wave:U2Mama, how was the Marriott? I am hoping to book there for next year.

:wave:U2Mama, how was the Marriott? I am hoping to book there for next year.

It was a typical, nice Marriott (and free for us thanks to Marriott Points...!) Clean room, really comfy bed, metro right below (orange line that goes right to the Hippodrome). BUT...no in room safe and a little far from from the "action" (we did a lot of walking, cabing and metro riding) We'll probably stay there again next year or maybe the Hilton down the street (have points with them too:D)

Too bad you didn't come up last weekend...it would have been nice to meet you!

Just read on tripadvisor that guests who stay at the Embassy Suites receive 2 free drinks per night and complimentary breakfast. SCORE!

This is why I often choose Embassy Suites. Most places they have a nightly "Manager's Reception" which is 2 hours of free booze (it's cheap booze, but it's free).
But, be aware that the local laws differ. In Boston, they can't give away free booze, so the E.S. that I stayed at had a rather respectable appetizer reception, and then you could buy booze.

Not that I'm a drunk (or not that any of you would know for sure :wink: ), but it's nice, especially after a tradeshow or some work thing to head back to your hotel, sit with colleagues or by yourself with a book and drink on someone else's dime for a while. This is especially true for people who have meal reimbursement issues from work. A lot of people I work with can't get drinks reimbursed unless it was taking a customer out for dinner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom