July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forum newbie here. Been a fan (originally from Scotland) of the band since the early days. Went to the concert here in Miami. Was a very emotional show for me. Especially when the old video played on the big screen during WTSHNN. I thought, boy they were young then, and I thought, jeez, I was that age then too. Don't think we will experience a show like this again anytime soon, if at all, so I managed to find GA tickets for the New Jersey gig :lol:
In Miami I showed up at around 3pm and managed to get a place on the rail (outer circle. Anyone know what the deal will be with the GA line at New Meadowlands. Time it starts ? etc.
Can't wait fr this show :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We've reached the stage where we can take a glance at the 10 day forecast:hyper:

Not that I put any creedance in a 10 day forecast (or 5 day forecast for that matter), but weather.com says 86 and partly sunny for a high, meaning at 9pm, it whould be mid 70s :applaud:

I'm selling 2 seats for a third off the TM price. Both seats for a total of $150. section 312, Row 3, Seats 25-26. PM me if interested :)

NJ.jpg

Funny! I'm in section 312 row 2 :wave:

We've reached the stage where we can take a glance at the 10 day forecast:hyper:

Not that I put any creedance in a 10 day forecast (or 5 day forecast for that matter), but weather.com says 86 and partly sunny for a high, meaning at 9pm, it whould be mid 70s :applaud:

:lol: I started looking today too!

Does anyone have any idea where the band enter the stadium and whether anyone has met them/got an autograph outside the New Meadowlands before? :up:

The band hasn't entered this particular stadium before, so who knows? I think only Bon Jovi and Bamboozle Fest (although that might have been in the parking lot) have been there as far as music events go, so far. Don't think they stopped out side before the show at the old Giants Stadium in 2009, although I want to say they did after one of the shows but I can't remember for sure.

They stopped before September 24th - The famous "Bono taking of my Phone" situation and everyone running like stupid mad girls trying to cut everyone who waited three hours to meet him with the Rolling Stone editor

:hyper:

I have been on a total U2 and interference bender....I'm totally obsessed at the moment...It's going to be a long week.....

and tiiiiiime, goes by, so slowly, and time can do so much....are you still miiiiine !!!!

Thanks for letting me get that out.:drool:

I don't know. I would assume they'd have to set up St. Louis first...unless they have 3 claws navigating the globe.

They do have 3 claws... idk if 3 stay in NA though but St Louis gets one and one is in Philly... doesn't that leave one being deconstructed?

Does anybody know if Ticketmaster will be releasing anymore GA tickets for the show? I've heard that they do release extra tickets for sold out shows near the concert date. Also, for those who purchased their tickets for last years show (which got postponed to next week), they are still allowed to sell their tickets back to Ticketmaster. This means that for those who are trying to scalp at the last minute on StubHub and ebay, if they can't sell their tickets, they will be selling back to Ticketmaster. So would Ticketmaster be releasing these? Can anybody provide input?

Larry actually has a house in my neighborhood believe it or not. Last time I saw him which was pretty recent, I told him the forum posters on interference.com are accusing him of not liking Pop and I asked him if that was true, and what his thoughts were on the matter. He replied, "go fuck yourselves." I guess that settles it, huh?

You're joking......right?

I actually have heard that he has a house in Rockland County NY (which is 10 minutes from me)... I don't know that for fact, but I've heard that from various sources.

He does, in Nyack, NY. Right next to the Tappan Zee bridge.

But I was asking about him saying "go fuck yourselves". :)

Oh, so I was right !

I live in Tarrytown.

Nyack is the next town over.

And, if Larry didn't say it, he probably thought it.:D

Does anybody know if Ticketmaster will be releasing anymore GA tickets for the show? I've heard that they do release extra tickets for sold out shows near the concert date. Also, for those who purchased their tickets for last years show (which got postponed to next week), they are still allowed to sell their tickets back to Ticketmaster. This means that for those who are trying to scalp at the last minute on StubHub and ebay, if they can't sell their tickets, they will be selling back to Ticketmaster. So would Ticketmaster be releasing these? Can anybody provide input?

Woops, this got stuck on the last page. Bump!

GA question........ I have never done it before, so what time should I get there? I don't need to be in the circle, just close enough to really enjoy the show. Is it really "tight" in GA or do you have some space to move around a little?

Also, is there a line to get into the GA and how do you find it( just walk around and look for the 3 mile line...lol)?

Also, a week from this very moment......we will all be listening to U2 belt out Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!!

If you want to get in the first few rows both in the circle and out, you have to get there early in the morning. I actually feel that with this production (360 stage) , Its better to be further back so you can enjoy all the images and production. @ the old giants stadium the line was formed @ end of the stadium where the big doors were(giant fans know what i am talking about) The end where the teams came out of the tunnel.
I actually was even with one of the front claw legs and didnt go in till after muse finished (9/24/09 & 9/23/09). I imagine the closer you get the more packed you will feel. Good luck and enjoy the show !

GA question........ I have never done it before, so what time should I get there? I don't need to be in the circle, just close enough to really enjoy the show. Is it really "tight" in GA or do you have some space to move around a little?

Also, is there a line to get into the GA and how do you find it( just walk around and look for the 3 mile line...lol)?

Also, a week from this very moment......we will all be listening to U2 belt out Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!!

If you don't need rail, just get there by the time doors open and you will be good, especially here - having been to many over the years, NYC metro shows don't usually see the marathon queuing other cities have, we are too busy to bother.:wink: As far as finding the GA, yeah you will just have to walk around and find it (which shouldn't be hard!). One thing about Meadowlands shows I've found is that while the GA queues are very mellow, they are a bit disorganized for the actual entry, so just be prepared for a bit of a scrum when the doors open (although not as bad as Montreal was).

NYC is the slowest GA lines anywhere. You could probably show up around 630pm and get into the front. However, driving anywhere around NYC around that time probably should be avoided. I'm getting there around 3-4ish simply because I want to avoid traffic.

FOR THOSE WITH TICKETFAST GA
not sure if this is common knowledge but ticketmaster has cancelled all ticketfast ga tickets for the meadowlands, i just got an e-mail from them. now they say you have to go to will call with photo id and the credit card used to purchase the tickets.
this could be a cf for some people.

Fresh from the Philadelphia show!!!

Regarding GA - I've been to a number of GA shows, and Philly last night was by far the longest GA line I have ever seen. Most cities get to number 500 by 3 or 4pm - but in Philly it was more like 1500 by 4pm. The 500th person was in line before 11am!!!

So why am I saying this? Well, twofold...number one, just to dispell the myths that it will be like this at Giants stadium - Philly hasn't seen U2 in a number of years, so some fans were just hellbent and super hungry for a U2 fix. But secondly, I showed up at 4pm and ended up entering GA only 3 people back from the outer circle railing dead center. I felt bad, but also pleased to see that the people only 2 feet in front of me had #s on their hands between 80 and 200...meaning they got there 6 hours before me.

So, the moral of the story - I am confident that someone showing up right before gates open at Giants stadium will get either inner circle or within a couple of feet of the railing on the outside of the circle. Reading through the other cities, it seems to be common. Only Philly (yes, I know I opened a can of worms here) seemed to have such a high number so early.

Hoping for a great show on wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom