July 20, 2011- New Meadowlands Stadium - East Rutherford - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I said in response to another NJ inquiry in General Discussions that you can't go by Philly because historically they have been crazy marathon queuers and unusually early line-ups, whereas NYC metro is the opposite. What a difference 90 miles makes. :)

Thank you all for the feedback. I'll see everyone at the show. I'll be the one going crazy during Streets....oh wait ;)

Fresh from the Philadelphia show!!!

Regarding GA - I've been to a number of GA shows, and Philly last night was by far the longest GA line I have ever seen. Most cities get to number 500 by 3 or 4pm - but in Philly it was more like 1500 by 4pm. The 500th person was in line before 11am!!!

So why am I saying this? Well, twofold...number one, just to dispell the myths that it will be like this at Giants stadium - Philly hasn't seen U2 in a number of years, so some fans were just hellbent and super hungry for a U2 fix. But secondly, I showed up at 4pm and ended up entering GA only 3 people back from the outer circle railing dead center. I felt bad, but also pleased to see that the people only 2 feet in front of me had #s on their hands between 80 and 200...meaning they got there 6 hours before me.

So, the moral of the story - I am confident that someone showing up right before gates open at Giants stadium will get either inner circle or within a couple of feet of the railing on the outside of the circle. Reading through the other cities, it seems to be common. Only Philly (yes, I know I opened a can of worms here) seemed to have such a high number so early.

Hoping for a great show on wednesday!

OK that I like! First GA for me! I decided it's now or never and Red Zone was the greatest so Im looking forward to it :)

FOR THOSE WITH TICKETFAST GA
not sure if this is common knowledge but ticketmaster has cancelled all ticketfast ga tickets for the meadowlands, i just got an e-mail from them. now they say you have to go to will call with photo id and the credit card used to purchase the tickets.
this could be a cf for some people.

Those tickets were bought almost 2 years ago.. I paid off my CCs and cut them up. So how would that work?

Good thing I don't have ticketfast tickets or GA

FOR THOSE WITH TICKETFAST GA
not sure if this is common knowledge but ticketmaster has cancelled all ticketfast ga tickets for the meadowlands, i just got an e-mail from them. now they say you have to go to will call with photo id and the credit card used to purchase the tickets.
this could be a cf for some people.

That sounds like a nightmare in the making.

Those tickets were bought almost 2 years ago.. I paid off my CCs and cut them up. So how would that work?

Good thing I don't have ticketfast tickets or GA

I'm right there with you.

My friend is looking for GA's as is the rest of the world so if anyone has extras please let me know. :)

Also I saw 86 for Wednesday I prefer that to the 90 :crack:

I started the GA line last night at Spiderman. Check in at the Foxwoods theatre and you have to take a photo during the show to be added to the list.

Attachments

• image-2250563115.jpg
    image-2250563115.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 36
Finally:

Guest Services |U2 360° Tour

After a year-long postponement, on Wednesday, July 20th, 2011, the New Meadowlands Stadium is pleased to present one of the biggest bands in the world, U2!

U2 will perform on an impressive circular stage featuring a cylindrical video system of interlocking LED panels, and a steel structure rising 150 feet from the floor over a massive stage with rotating bridges. The band has truly created an intimate yet 360 degree viewing experience for their fans. If you are attending this historic event, please check out the links below for more information. We look forward to hosting you at our Stadium!

Parking Map/Directions
Public Transportation
Ticket Office/Will Call Information
Event Timeline
Field Seating
Prohibited Items
For More Information
Parking Map/Directions
Parking is $25 per car and $75 per bus for the U2 concert. Parking fees can be paid when arriving on site via cash or credit card. Parking lots open at 2p and tailgating is permitted in all lots except for the IZOD Center Parking Deck. Please click the link below for driving directions.
Parking page

Public Transportation
New Jersey Transit will provide bus service from Port Authority and train service from Penn Station (through Secaucus Junction) from New York City beginning at approximately 4p. DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE COMMUTING FROM THE CITY, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ALLOW EXTRA TIME IN PLANNING YOUR TRIP. Details on prices and times can be found on New Jersey Transit - Home or by calling 973-275-5555.

Ticket Office/Will Call Information
Tickets printed with the original show date, July 19, 2010, are VALID for entry into the Stadium

In advance of show-day, Ticketmaster Will Call is available Monday-Friday 9:00a-5:00p by entering at the West Gate. On show-day, Ticketmaster Will Call will be available at the Ticket Trailers located at the West and MetLife Gates beginning at 4:00p. (RED) ZONE Will Call will be available at the ticket windows located on the right side of the Pepsi Gate beginning at noon on July 20th.

Event Timeline
THIS CONCERT IS A RAIN OR SHINE EVENT
General Admission line opens at 8:00a at the West Gate. No overnight parking or line formation will be permitted.
All gates open at 5:00p

Field Seating
Guests with FLOOR general admission tickets will enter the stadium at the West Gate. Here you will receive your wristband for floor seating. The line for field seating will open at 8:00a on the day of the concert. Basic concessions options and restroom locations will be available for those guests who line up in advance of the gates opening.

Guests with (RED)ZONE seating can pick up your tickets at the Pepsi Tickets Windows (right side of the entrance gate) located near the Meadowlands Racetrack on the west side of the Stadium. You will use the dedicated turnstiles adjacent to the ticket office for entry. For (RED)ZONE ONE seats, you will be directed to use the tunnel near the base of the ramp at the Pepsi Gate after entering. For (RED)ZONE TWO seats, you will use the escalators at the Pepsi Gate to access the 100 Concourse. Once there, please follow the signs to section 109-110 and use the field stairs to access the (RED) ZONE.

Prohibited Items
Our standard carry in policy will apply for this concert. Following are some prohibited items to note:

Bags larger than 12" x 12" x 12" in size or hard-sided containers/bags
Cameras with a lens longer than 3" in length
Single-purpose video cameras
Alcoholic beverages of any kind
Umbrellas, balls of any kind, laser pointers, noisemakers, flashlights or fireworks
Please click the link for a list of permitted items: Carry in policy

For More Information
Please feel free to contact our Guest Services Hotline at 201-559-1515 or email us at info@nmstadco.com for any additional questions related to Wednesday's U2 concert. We look forward to having you at the Stadium!

I'm expecting the band to bring it hard for their only new york appearance in this leg. I hope they're reading the glowing reviews paul mccartney is getting from his two yankee stadium gigs this past weekend.

I'm also expecting a guest appearance or two.. high end speculation is always bruce springsteen, low end is reeve carney or other spiderman pukes.

Even money on jay z.

Pressure not on Band, but Crowd!

After having attended the show in Philly, that crowd was ELECTRIC:hyper: and Bono's body language reflected that he "felt" the energy....I can only hope that the NY/NJ/CT crowd is as ready for liftoff!

The security as Philly was also extremely cooperative and accomodating at the GA line queue...being from the northern NJ area...Im skeptical that things will be as liberal at the new meadowlands.

Either way, U2 feeds off the crowds emotions, so I hope we "bring it"!

I'm expecting the band to bring it hard for their only new york appearance in this leg. I hope they're reading the glowing reviews paul mccartney is getting from his two yankee stadium gigs this past weekend.

I'm also expecting a guest appearance or two.. high end speculation is always bruce springsteen, low end is reeve carney or other spiderman pukes.

Even money on jay z.

Me too, and I would concur with your speculations. :wink: I anticipate that even if there is no guest, we will get some kind of surprise. Perhaps they will break out Boy Falls From the Sky again, this would be the place to do it with 60000-ish people who live within easy striking distance of Broadway...

Even money on jay z.

I'm kind of hoping they don't have any guests, especially if it means U2 will drop some of their songs from the set to accommodate them. I have waited two years to see U2 and don't want to sacrifice any U2 time. Even though the boys would still be on stage, it wouldn't be the same.

I don't see how it would mean droping a song, but okay.

I highly doubt bruce will show. He's played one show on each of the previous two tours, but with the passing of clarence I don't think this will be the time he reappears. Some sort of springsteen reference and/or tribute to clarence is highly expected though.

And I'd actually be surprised if jay z doesn't make an appearance during sunday bloody sunday

this is going to be my last show.. :sad: I am gonna be a crying mess..

:hug: Mine too! :hug:

^ They could come out with garbage bags on their heads and I'd be thrilled but yeah I hear ya
ShiftyEyes.gif

:yes:

Forum newbie here. Been a fan (originally from Scotland) of the band since the early days. Went to the concert here in Miami. Was a very emotional show for me. Especially when the old video played on the big screen during WTSHNN. I thought, boy they were young then, and I thought, jeez, I was that age then too. Don't think we will experience a show like this again anytime soon, if at all, so I managed to find GA tickets for the New Jersey gig :lol:
In Miami I showed up at around 3pm and managed to get a place on the rail (outer circle. Anyone know what the deal will be with the GA line at New Meadowlands. Time it starts ? etc.
Can't wait fr this show :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

that's great you got a GA for NJ! :hyper:

and welcome to the Blue Craic! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom