NBA 2019-20 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Colangelo was one of the worst things that ever happened to the Sixers franchise, just catastrophic moves to reduce their draft capital for basically no benefit. The Fultz thing was not necessarily his total fault because of how weird it was, but he got played by Ainge, and that was pretty apparent even at the time. Then he leaves them with an embarrassing scandal and handing the GM duties to a coach out of his depth (Brown), and then a recently retired player who was not ready for the limelight (Brand).

Morey did a nice job digging out of the disaster of the Colangelo/Brown/Brand years this past offseason, but he's pretty handcuffed on making big moves. Especially after this season, when they lose the bulk of their expiring contracts that they can use as trade filler. There's just no real path for them to get an impact perimeter playmaker that they so desperately need.

Can we give Chris Paul the MVP just as a lifetime achievement award at this point? Every team he goes to instantly gets better, choker in the playoffs aside.

It's the hallway mark!

title contenders...

Nets

End of list.

Title contenders if the Nets are dealing with injuries

Still the Nets
Lakers
Clippers
Jazz
Bucks
76ers

Next up, need one more dude

Nuggets
Celtics
Suns
Blazers

Sleepers to make some second half noise if the trade market breaks their way

Heat
Warriors

Actual MVP (not cp3)

Embiid

Coach of the Year

Thibs

They probably watched the game Wed against Philly and saw Microphone Goebert give up 40 and 19 to Embiid (DPOY favorite my ass) and Mitchell chuck up 34 shots and miss 22 of them.
And knock a Gatorade cooler into an arena staffer on his way out for good measure.

You didn't bet against your short handed home town (yay Tampa) heroes did you?

thought about it - glad i didn't. they put up one hell of an effort last night though, considering the circumstances.

i was annoyed at first that there were no raptors in the ASG this year but i actually think it'll be better in the long run because they definitely all need the week off.

yeah he's taken a massive step forward this year. picking him up in fantasy basketball was by far my best move of the season.

we've been enjoying kyle's cake up here for a long time. [emoji527]

half of me hopes that he goes to miami and we get herro (and more) back, and the other half of me hopes he goes to philly and gets a hometown parade down broad street.

i will probably have an existential crisis if he gets traded to the lakers but i think the odds of that are slim to none, and their name was thrown in the mix to create leverage.

whatever happens, i will give my left nut to be in attendance at his first game back home in toronto so i can be a part of the standing ovation for the greatest raptor ever. they should just retire that number 7 jersey right then and there.

edited to add the 3rd line since we shamefully have gone almost an entire page with only 1 mention of the lakers.

Last edited:
Someone is going to have to explain to me the Clippers reason for trading Lou Williams plus picks (I know 2nd rounders so basically irrelevant) for Rondo.

My guess is that their reasoning is that Lou sucks in the playoffs and Rondo can play at the end of games. Still is a longshot that Rondo is going to help very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom