NBA 2019-20 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It shows

U7_bdKq1_400x400.jpg

i have video proof that i am not slapshot.

But then you went off to UCF and other denizens?

This forum is littered with mascots.

What with Headache picking feathers out of his hair, Peef being googly eyed Gritty and now your admission to having been Mini Stanley.

It was a thankless job. I hopped around thereafter, little talked about but once was with your people:

IMG_1251.JPG

The Lakers are currently down 12-7 with 8:50 left in the first quarter

Maybe a poor way to articulate the point on the writer’s end, maybe also trying to avoid unnecessarily having to downplay Russell’s feats, but Brady and LeBron have played in 30+ team leagues. Russell played with what, 8-10 teams in the league throughout his whole career?

Maybe a poor way to articulate the point on the writer’s end, maybe also trying to avoid unnecessarily having to downplay Russell’s feats, but Brady and LeBron have played in 30+ team leagues. Russell played with what, 8-10 teams in the league throughout his whole career?

so what you're saying is Russell played in a less watered down league?

That’s a silly statement given that talent pipelines start in the womb in this day and age, and sports as a science has been advanced dramatically. The best basketball talent wasn’t always guaranteed to be playing in the NBA.
It's not a silly statement at all.

I said the teams are watered down, not the talent.

You can only compare players to what was possible in their era. Obviously there are guys who are not even NBA level talent today who would be Hall of Fame level talent in the 60s.

On the flip side, what would a Bill Russell be able to do with the technological advances of today's training? What would Michael Jordan do if theg had today's rules then? Etc. Etc.

What I mean with watered down is in today's league there's a massive drop off in talent (in comparison to today's talent only) once you get past th first 2-3 players on most teams. Putting two - three all NBA players on a team today is huge. This is because there are so many teams.

When Russell played it was common place for every team to have 2 to 3 Hall of Fame level players on their squad. The Lakers teams Russell consistently beat had three Top 50 players. The Knicks had 4 hall of famers in their starting 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom