Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love the Indian music on the Slumdog Millionaire, particularly the ones that are electro-poppy-dance-kinda things. Does anyone know where I can find more of that kind of music?

I was poking around online and trying to see what was out there, what kinds of different Indian pop there might be, and ended up hearing a gigantic collection of Bollywood hits from the '90s (which I didn't like - but maybe Bollywood in the 2000s is more like what I heard on the soundtrack)? And bangra, but the only examples of bangra I found were Western hip hop hits remixed to have bangra music in them. No thanks.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

I was just looking at release dates, and the 20th is going to be a pretty good day. New releases from:

Animal Collective
Bon Iver
Andrew Bird
AC Newman

I was going to mention those on the 27th as well. Good end of the month :up:

EDIT: I am glad you mentioned Springsteen, I was thinking it was that Walmart only best of that comes out on the 27th, not a brand new album!

So with the possibility of the new U2 single hitting the radio this week, where is going to become our default "U2 discussion for people who like music other than just U2" thread? Here? Somewhere else?

So with the possibility of the new U2 single hitting the radio this week, where is going to become our default "U2 discussion for people who like music other than just U2" thread? Here? Somewhere else?

I think we need to come up with some codewords to avoid getting shut down. Perhaps we should create some fake, indie-sounding band name to use.

My suggestion: "Shuttlecock".

I was just looking at release dates, and the 20th is going to be a pretty good day. New releases from:

Animal Collective
Bon Iver
Andrew Bird
AC Newman

The Bon Iver EP is a disappointment, but I'm pretty excited for Animal Collective and Andrew Bird's records.

I thought impy was going to create a B&C thread for the new U2.

I'd love to see the reactions we'd get. I don't think it would get shut down.

I'm going to, but I didn't want to do it before we hear a single as to keep it from turning into a EYKIW type thing. It'll pop up soon and probably be called "No Line on the Horizon - What does B&C think?" or something like that. I'll probably put a disclaimer in the beginning that general discussion still goes in EYKIW and the thread is for the regulars in this particular sub-forum who are more objective.

Although I do like the thread simply being titled "Shuttlecock." It'd be like Cloverfield except, you know, not terrible.

Since the chosen band name is Shuttlecock, calling Bono, "Boner", seems appropriate.

Just heard a bad vinyl rip of the 7" Will Sheff and Charles Bissell did....love it:drool:

Both covers are excellent, but I really dig Charles version of It Ends With a Fall.

Just heard a bad vinyl rip of the 7" Will Sheff and Charles Bissell did....love it:drool:

Both covers are excellent, but I really dig Charles version of It Ends With a Fall.

I can't believe they didn't put this on iTunes, wasn't the 7" released this week. Maybe it's next week.

Just looking now, I realized there are 2 separate Okkervil River concerts up on iTunes for purchase. One from '04, one from '05. That's going to be tempting...

Jagjaguwar have had the release down as 12/9/08...im guessing that means its been out stateside since December!

According to Pitchfork's huge "winter release dates" thing, it was either this week or next. It originally was supposed to come out in the fall, I think i still have a card in my desk that was an advertisement for it that came with my pre-order of The Stand-Ins. Huge delays, and for a 7 inch that no one will probably buy...

OMG GUYZ NU ALBUM COVER!!!1!!!!!

SuperStock_1612R-7116.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom