Interference Random Music Talk Part II: The Wrath of Khan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That video was soooooooo hot. Another thing I remember about that Stripped album is that she put out a never-ending string of singles supporting it. I think she put out like 6 or 7 singles off of that one album.

First off, ew at the video. It's just a load of ewwww. But the album was indeed chock full o' hits.

I really like the Dave Matthews Band CD Under the Table and Dreaming, but other than that I'm not a big fan. They've had one or two songs since the first record that I kind of like, but meh.

While I'm not a fan, I at least think Dave Matthews is talented at what he does. The Dave Matthews Lite artists on the other hand (Mayer, Johnson, etc), I seem to more violently oppose.

I'm liking the new Jenny Lewis album :yes: Definitely prefer her solo stuff to Rilo Kiley.

Speaking of awful voices, I gave up on ever getting into Clap Your Hands Say Yeah's debut. I like the music well enough, but then it's like their singer pops up and goes, enjoying this are you? sorry can't have that.

Yes Cori, I love Pink too, she is just so strong and defined - really what you see is exactly what you get! My fav songs are:

Feel Good Time
Nobody Knows
U and Ur Hand
Leave Me Alone (Im Lonely) – LOVE the video for this!
Trouble
Who Knew – LOVE her look in this one!
Get the Party Started

on another note, really been enjoyin The Foo Fighters - The Pretender - a bloody GREAT song by these guys, top ratin - absolutely :up::up:

While I'm not a fan, I at least think Dave Matthews is talented at what he does. The Dave Matthews Lite artists on the other hand (Mayer, Johnson, etc), I seem to more violently oppose.

Have not heard much of DMB but agreed about the likes of Mayer and co. Jason Mraz, especially, bugs me...actually I don't know if he's DMB-lite or not but he's lumped in with that crowd! To be honest though I haven't been violently opposing much music nowadays, bar any rap thing with auto-tune (like, I don't know, Flo-Rida, which was funny the first few times you heard it).

On a brighter note I'm seeing Ash tomorrow as part of a beer festival (no kidding) and Manic Street Preachers (!) are coming to town in November. Will be giving Camera Obscura and Kanye West a miss (they're playing on the same night incidentally) but I'm really quite impressed with the quality of acts being brought in for gigs in the past year or so. I saw Death Cab For Cutie in August and it was wonderful.

On a brighter note I'm seeing Ash tomorrow as part of a beer festival (no kidding) and Manic Street Preachers (!) are coming to town in November. Will be giving Camera Obscura and Kanye West a miss (they're playing on the same night incidentally) but I'm really quite impressed with the quality of acts being brought in for gigs in the past year or so. I saw Death Cab For Cutie in August and it was wonderful.

I remember the days when you'd complain that absolutely no one would ever come to Singapore, now you're getting shows we don't get anywhere in the US. Things have changed, my friend. I am jealous.

I'm liking the new Jenny Lewis album :yes: Definitely prefer her solo stuff to Rilo Kiley.

Nowhere near as good as Rabbit Fur Coat. But at least it's better than the horrible, horrible Under the Blacklight.

Her solo career is much more promising than Rilo Kiley. I've seen them twice, tried listening to them many more times than that, and they're extremely boring with the exception of "Does He Love You."

I like Rilo Kiley quite a lot, and even like Under the Blacklight - but I have a really high tolerance for the lighter poppy stuff, so that probably explains that.

I'm looking forward to picking up her new solo record. I like Rabbit Fur Coat a lot, and haven't yet heard anything off the new one. I've seen decidedly mixed reviews for it, but will definitely get it.

I won't put John Mayer in that second category. Only because I like his Continuum album (haven't really heard his other stuff, apart from Daughters).

Nowhere near as good as Rabbit Fur Coat. But at least it's better than the horrible, horrible Under the Blacklight.

Her solo career is much more promising than Rilo Kiley. I've seen them twice, tried listening to them many more times than that, and they're extremely boring with the exception of "Does He Love You."

How about Portions For Foxes?

I fuggin LOVE that song. And I also liked that Silver Lining song off of Under the Blacklight. Can't remember much else about that album. Oh, and Jenny Lewis is hottttt.

Anyone heard this one before, about the AC/DC competition some Australian radio station held some years ago. You could win a motor-cycle. You only had to answer this simple question. Well... simple...?

YouTube - Spell AC/DC

:lmao:

"Portions for Foxes" is alright and I forgot how good "Silver Lining" is.

Okay I'm downloading Ágætis Byrjun to give Sigur Rós one more chance. So far I have been underwhelmed by the scattered songs I've heard from various albums.

How about Portions For Foxes?

I fuggin LOVE that song. And I also liked that Silver Lining song off of Under the Blacklight. Can't remember much else about that album. Oh, and Jenny Lewis is hottttt.

I actually like some of the mellower stuff on More Adventurous, like the title song, The Absence of God (maybe my favorite RK song), and A Man/Me/Then Jim.

Of course Portions for Foxes is great, and while I like much of Does He Love You, I think the whole string section with the guitar wanking at the end is total overkill and doesn't mesh at all, but I hate Blake with a passion so go figure. The guy should be muzzled so he doesn't sing lead on ANYTHING; that Fleetwood Mac-ripoff Dreamworld on Under the Blacklight is a fucking crime against humanity.

New Gorillaz album in the works:

Gorillaz Ready Third Album and Newly Drawn Characters - GIGWISE

Gorillaz Ready Third Album and Newly Drawn Characters

Damon Albarn & Jamie Hewlett confirm...

Gorillaz are set to return with a third studio album complete with newly designed cartoon characters, Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett have confirmed.

The pair let slip in an interview with cbcnews that Damon has already started working on the long-player and Jamie is re-drawing the four characters.

Damon told the news agency: “We’re doing another Gorillaz record. We came back from summer holidays and realized we could do exactly what we wanted to do with Gorillaz. Essentially, Jamie just had to agree to draw the characters again. Because I just do what I do anyway.”

Jamie Hewlett added: “I’m so fucking bored of drawing those characters. But then we had a moment where we had a new angle on it... I’m gonna adapt them. "

The artist continued that Gorillaz' record label EMI were jubilant when the pair confirmed their future plans:

"You’re only the second person we’ve told that Gorillaz is making an album, actually. We were instructed to keep it a secret. When we told the record company, they went “Woohoo!” – you could hear them shouting in the background – and then said, “Don’t tell anybody!”, said Jamie.

I loved Demon Days so very, very much. I'm excited. I'd rather Blur get back together so I could see them live, but this will do nicely for the time being.

Spoon's playing a one-off benefit gig for Texas Democrats On October 13 at a lovely little venue called the Parish. I saw Jose Gonzalez there last year and really loved the place.

40 dollars though? A little pricey for the hometown heroes, even if it's going to a good cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom