Interference Random Music Talk Part II: The Wrath of Khan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paging all Corianderstems. Corianderstem come in. I need to get your opinion of the new Girls Aloud track. ASAP. There's big debate on the interwebs about whether or not it's a worthy first single. You need to break the tie.

Oh my freaking lord! David Archuletta has a new video out that has entered the Vh1 top 20 countdown! :lol: It's about girl crushes :cute: and I like how he is pretending to play the piano in the video but it doesn't even look realistic. :sick:

Archu-D2?

Where is Brooke's video? Or Kristy Lee's? I can't wait for those.

Syesha Mercado? Chikezie Eze?

Did you see Jordin Sparks' new video? :lol:

Oh man... the current Pink video makes me want to vomit. I cannot stand her sometimes!

I love Pink, and love that she has her ex-husband in the video for a song about her ex-husband. That's called being a good sport. I like the single and am looking forward to the album.

David Archuleta makes me gag. I am, however, looking forward to David Cook's album, provided he doesn't put out some middle-of-the-road Nickleback crap or something. But I'll give it a listen.

GAF, I've heard the new Girls Aloud single all of once, and I liked it on first listen. I don't have an opinion beyond "it sounded pretty good."

I like Pink but I'm a bit tired of her "I'm tough and badass and tough and badass" persona. Sometimes it feels like she's trying too hard and comes off as too cartoonish.

Also, I'm getting really tired of this whole electro-glam thing in pop music these days. New Christina Aguilera song sounds like Pink's new song which sounds like that Katy Perry song which sounds like Veronicas etc.

I think the new Christina Aguilera song sounds a lot like something by Lady GaGa... whose album I really, really, really hope gets a US release, because I totally have to have it.

Ditto Ladyhawke. European electro-dance-pop FTW!

It sounds like you should be. I need to listen to it myself - the reviews alone have made me curious, even though I don't think I've ever really heard anything they've done before.

She's got an amazing voice, but it's such a shame she goes so over-the-top with the vocal acrobatics so much of the time. She does it far too much and becomes far too irritating.

Too many singers throw in the melismas to hide the fact that they don't have a lot of power to hold a note and let it grow on its own, and she doesn't need to do that. She DOES have that power on her own.

But when she's not doing it, she's incredible. Her version of John Lennon's "Mother" is really great - she reins it in and does an admirably restrained version that's still full of passion without being ridiculously over-the-top.

It's on the Save Darfur compilation thing of Lennon covers - same disc the U2 cover of "Instant Karma" is on.

And for the record, the iTunes-only compilation Duran Duran cover of "Instant Karma" wipes the floor with the U2 cover that's on the actual release. :grumpy:

That video was soooooooo hot. Another thing I remember about that Stripped album is that she put out a never-ending string of singles supporting it. I think she put out like 6 or 7 singles off of that one album.

But I have a question. What is the general Interference consensus on the Dave Matthews Band? I've never actively pursued an interest in them despite the fact that a number of my friends are die-hard fans. But last night on the way home from the ball game my friend played their song Crush. I'm not sure if it was because of the mood I was in or what, but I found myself REALLY really digging it. I even had him play it again immediately after it was over.

So, the Dave Matthews Band? What's the deal? Are they good or what?

Yeah, it's weird, I've always been just passively aware of them and I kinda always hated them on principle. But I like this Crush song.

I think they might just be one of those polarizing bands. I have friends who say they are great in concert and I have a cousin who I remember saying that the Dave Matthews concert he went to was the worst show he'd ever seen. I might have to check out more of their stuff to see what the skinny is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom