Honolulu Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Stuffed if I know. If we do have a league in New Zealand, it isn't very high profile. There is a New Zealand soccer team that plays in Australia's domestic league, the Football Kingz.

I'm not too interested in soccer. After all, I'm a Kiwi. Rugby is the national religion, and cricket the summer sport of choice. When soccer does interest me, it's usually European tournaments. I've never cared for Kiwi soccer. I don't even support our national soccer team. I support The Netherlands.

MMm I get mate , though I don't understand the word Soccer :wink:

But though u don't like it , we can say currently the Auckland city is the team of ur country ?

Aren't people excited that's playin on the Fifa Championship ?

Hello, everybody!

PJ had one of the most famous covers of Rocking (not to mention their collaboration with Neil Young on the 1994 Grammys) so it makes sense for them to perform it with Bono and Edge sitting in rather than everyone en masse.

Hello everyone!

Excited about the show but it is bittersweet. It seems like yesterday that I was at opening night in San Diego.

And I was suppose to fly to Hawaii yesterday but had to come to Cincinnati, Ohio instead for a funeral. So here I am in the frozen tundra hanging out at the Hampton Inn.

:wave:

Hi everyone! :wave: It's so nice to be back at the setlist parties! Tonight's going to be awesome.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a stream - that would just be wonderful. :D

Wow Axver, you're really out of the NZ football loop.

The team in the Aussie league is the Knights, who are complete rubbish.

The NZ league has something like 8 teams, normally Auckland dominates.

J_NP said:

MMm I get mate , though I don't understand the word Soccer :wink:

Honestly, I think 'soccer' is the better word. 'Football' is too ambiguous. In New Zealand, it's rugby union. In Victoria, it's Australian Rules. In New South Wales, it's rugby league. In the US, it's that pseudo-sport gridiron. And of course, to you, it's soccer. It means too many things to too many people. So as a rule, I never use the word 'football' at all.

But though u don't like it , we can say currently the Auckland city is the team of ur country ?

Aren't people excited that's playin on the Fifa Championship ?

Honestly, I wouldn't know. Nothing was said about it while I was back home last month, and the Australian media rarely covers any sport involving New Zealand.

What was everyone doing March 28, 2005?

I remember watching @U2 a lot that night. The setlist blew my mind, and especially the thought of being able to actually see them.

I remember the next day even better. I must have spent 5 hours waiting for the bootleg. :lol:

Anyone else hear that Billie Armstrong is in Hawaii and was hanging out with Bono yesterday?

LemonMelon said:
What was everyone doing March 28, 2005?

I remember watching @U2 a lot that night. The setlist blew my mind, and especially the thought of being able to actually see them.

I remember the next day even better. I must have spent 5 hours waiting for the bootleg. :lol:

I just happened to be in San Diego that night;)

coolian2 said:
Wow Axver, you're really out of the NZ football loop.

The team in the Aussie league is the Knights, who are complete rubbish.

The NZ league has something like 8 teams, normally Auckland dominates.

Who the hell were the Kingz then? Is that their old name, or some other Kiwi interloper into a different Aussie domestic sport's league?

I only follow rugby and cricket. And Aussie Rules casually.

ThoraSEB said:
Hi everyone! :wave: It's so nice to be back at the setlist parties! Tonight's going to be awesome.

Hopefully we'll be able to have a stream - that would just be wonderful. :D

STREAM STREAM!! :drool:

Westport,
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and even sorrier you are stuck here in the cold Midwest.

Haven't heard the Billie rumor, there don't seem to be many sightings/rumors out of Hawaii.

Axver said:

Honestly, I think 'soccer' is the better word. 'Football' is too ambiguous. In New Zealand, it's rugby union. In Victoria, it's Australian Rules. In New South Wales, it's rugby league. In the US, it's that pseudo-sport gridiron. And of course, to you, it's soccer. It means too many things to too many people. So as a rule, I never use the word 'football' at all.

To Europe and Latin America , and I think Africa as well , It's football mate .........

After all like in some places is a joke , in the US they call football a sport which is mainly played with the ball in hands :|

silvrlvr said:
Westport,
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and even sorrier you are stuck here in the cold Midwest.

Thank you. I love the Midwest....just bad timing. That's life sometimes....I did get to nine shows so I can't really complain.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom