GENERAL SALE: The Official "I Got Tickets" Thread! - POST HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F U TICKETMASTER!!!!

I got through on the phone, got two section 112 seats. Went through the entire process, confirmed everything, address, total charge, seat location, etc. I "pressed 1 to complete the order." Now ticketmaster says that they don't have any history of my order. F U Ticketmaster. I even spoke to a manager, who was more stupid than the original rep I spoke with!! They said nothing can be done. They made it seem like I was an idiot and did something wrong. I even listened to my call because it was recorded. I did exactly as the prompt said. F TICKETMASTER!!!!

Re: F U TICKETMASTER!!!!

pisania said:
I got through on the phone, got two section 112 seats. Went through the entire process, confirmed everything, address, total charge, seat location, etc. I "pressed 1 to complete the order." Now ticketmaster says that they don't have any history of my order. F U Ticketmaster. I even spoke to a manager, who was more stupid than the original rep I spoke with!! They said nothing can be done. They made it seem like I was an idiot and did something wrong. I even listened to my call because it was recorded. I did exactly as the prompt said. F TICKETMASTER!!!!

I'm no Freud, but I believe i detect a hint of anger here. . . :yes:

In all seriousness, though, that TOTALLY sucks. . . sorry.

i got a ticket for MSG around 9:02. in total, i was offered tickets five times. i turned down four of them because they were not in my price range. i found available tickets up through about 9:10.

hopefully everyone kept trying instead of giving up at the first sign of no success.

james

MY GOD!!!! I thought I'd never be able to get into this sacred, hallowed, coveted thread!!! But now I am here and can read all of your stories without crying!! YES!!!!! I lucked out!!!

I told my friend in NYC all this week that he'd have a snowflake's chance in Mordor of even getting through...the site would crash in 2 mins, etc etc...but somehow, I told him to get into TM site an hour ahead of time.....the lucky bastard, he just laughs and tells me he logged in at 8:50...:ohmy: (the NYC sale was at 9 AM, not 10...)..I told him to ask for singles, it would be our only way...he was able to get two real nosebleeds, in the 400's, but the best kind of real nosebleeds possible...directly to Edge''s side of the stage nosebleeds, ...heck, I was happy to just be there, as MSG was the show I wanted, and I've seen a show from that area in Albany, U2 are a lOT louder than Celine Dion so I can hear them fine! And with binocs, see them OK too. Heck, if you're going to have nosebleeds, the best place to have them is at grand old MSG, the REAL capital of the "City Of Blindng Lights"! down on all If there was no other option!

Sorry I'm rambling but I'm so happy!

I'm calling this my "Jesse Helms U2 experience"!

Then, last night, I found someone on here who is selling me section 125, row 12 for 2nd show in Jersey. That's right towards the back corner of the GA, just above on Adam's side. Which is just about where all my old Propaganda tickets in the 90's and Elevation were, except on Edge's side, oddly enough, but for the GA I got for MSG in October. Fine with me!

Heck, even before the Jersey thing came though, I was happy as heck. Only one Madison Square Garden show and I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!! I put down the phone last night and screamed for one minute. At work today, I went into the coat room and jumpd up and down and whooped...I had no illusions, after watching the presale. During Elevation, I saw the band 3 times in the spring and once in the fall. Only the GA in the Fall. And the band will probably come back to Albany on 2nd leg. Both my friend's and my pre-sale code are still unused, and now we know that if you order GA"s and TM times you out, they'll give them to you. So I can still order for the fall...

So: 2 shows on the spring leg (so far, if I can scare up a cheap nosebleed in Boston somewhere down the line it'll be 3)..both of which I didn't order myself. Which means that if TM has this awful one show per tour limit, I can still order for the 2nd leg...

I'M SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Last edited:
I was lucky today. I found a good seat for Chicago 5-12 show. Got re-released in the system, and I was there to get it. I'm only lookin for one, which probably helps..

Better news may be on the way, but I have to keep my fingers crossed and pray alot.

I have finally bought tix to Seattle - GA in the Pre-Sale using my code. After failing at the first presale, ETS, general public sale, almost the second pre-sale... I am going to see U2!

got 2 tickets for croke park on the saturday, instead of 1 for friday and 1 for saturday (breakdown in communications!!!!) but i hope to get it swaped somehow. anyway its just a relief to know im actually going!!!!!

I got 8 tix for Nice, France august 5 (standing).
4 via tickenet website, and 4 via france villet website.
my fiancé and I started on 2 different PC's at 10 am, and we got through 3 hours later!!!!!!!
now I have 4 spare tix....I think I'll give them away to friends and relatives (Turin-Nice is about a two and a half hour drive).
next week we'll try Barcellona, and then Milan + Roma. looks like it's shaping up to be a fun summer...

Wohoo! Spending a day in front of the computer, refreshing, does pay off! I've officially bought a ticket for the oslo gig! :D

2 GA tickets for Vancouver night 2

Ticketmaster wouldn't let me in for the first 5 minutes, so I was screwed with night one. And then I could only get 1 ticket for night 2. But 15 minutes later, thanks to determination and luck, I picked up a second one.

I was #7 in the line lottery at our tiny island's ticketmaster outlet (I doubt there were more than 20 people in line, all told). The second Seattle show was announced just before I got up to the counter, so I did fairly well, with two seats in 101 section. This will be the first concert I've been to in eighteen years, and my first U2 show though I've been a fan since '82.

excited!!!

Good luck to all those who are still trying.

Last edited:
San Diego 1 - GA
Anaheim 1 - section 412, row C
LA 2 - section 218, row 6
Phoenix 2 - GA

We had 2 extra tickets for Anaheim 1 which now belong to Doozer and 2 for LA 1, which went to a sick friend who has never seen U2 and may not get another chance :(

2 for Vancouver2, section 312
2 for Seattle1, section 104

and possibly 2-4 other Vancouver tickets depending on if the credit card processing timeout error still allowed tickets to be purchased - Ticketmaster US apparently has no way of checking, and Canada doesn't open until Monday. If these did go through, I'll have hella good seats to trade or sell, so I'll keep posted!!

The fact that we were completely shut out on Seattle2 is astounding to me.:mad: But I'm thankful for what I have!!

Hey, i'm new. I've been using forums for years nowand i'm not a huge U2 fan, i'm more into classic rock, but I still enjoy their music.

I was at the McPherson in Victoria yesterday with two of my friends to strategize our ticket-buying procedure for the Vancouver show. One of them was near the front of the line, I was at the back, and the other was about midway between us. This was because of the random draw that they had going on so as to discourage scalpers from camping out all night.

The number drawn was 48 and my friend at the front of the line had 58. There was about 200 people in line. Everyone who had numbers 1-47 went to the back of the line, so we were 10th in line, as he was buying all of our tickets for us.

This is where the stupidity kicks in. They had only ONE till open and the chick there had no idea what she was doing. GA had sold out as soon as the first person in line came out. People were trying to pick specific seats, which is utter stupidity, while they were disappearing. By the time my friend was about two people away from the till, the first show had completely sold out.

They added the second one but they were still going disgustingly slow. I work in the service industry and I know bullshit service when I see it. Luckily, one friend and I got seats together in section 306, row 7 and the other one got a single across the stadium from us. I imagine that they didn't even get to the 15th person in line before they sold out.

I couldn't believe it, but i'm glad I got tickets. As long as I can take decent pictures i'm happy with anywhere. Hell, I was front row center for radiohead so I guess it'll be good to just sit back a bit this time.

That's my story

it was a long cold night, waiting in front of the post-office, but my friends and i got GA tix for all 3 amsterdam shows.

Boston 5/28- two tickets, section 314 row 7. Via eBay was a pretty good deal given the horrible upcharges I've seen with other brokers/auctions. Can't wait, 111 days!:)

Back
Top Bottom