For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um....they're all kind of equal, really. Beckham avoids her the most, but he also is the one that sneaks up on her and tries to sniff her the most often. Posh will sometimes hiss and swat her when she walks by, but other times the dog jumps over her and she doesn't care. Same w/ Marijke. She will follow the dog around and try to sniff at it.

If I'm holding some deli meat, NO ONE cares!!!! :D

Got Zooropa and Lucy booked for the vets tomorrow.
Check up and shots before we take them to their hotels in a few weeks.

Just don't know we're going to get them there, we have no pet carrier :hmm:

Wayne, I just use a box like a computer box. I cut handles in it that serve as air holes. I have one crate, but three cats, plus Marijke is the only one that fits in the tiny crate. The others ride in boxes with a rag at the bottom. Then if they pee or barf I can just throw it all away.

It went to the vets this morning and got worming tablets.
He also needs special cat food because he was allergic to the stuff we got.
So we picked up a bag of sensativety feline food from the vets.

He hasen't got neutured yet, we're doing that when we comeback from vacation.

It was Felix food we got from supermarket.
And is reaction to it is what I posted last week.

So we got tablets for him, and he got his shots too.
We did get general tablets for him from our local store and that helped alot, but we given stronger stuff by the vet.

At the moment I dunno where he's gone. I heard his collar ringing a while ago. But I haven't seen him since :lol:

Managed to get the last pet carrier, yesterday, from a local store that I didn't think would sell them

Great.

Before we had a cat carrier I would carry Chloe in my arms to the vet...boy was that an adventure! :lol:

But now with the cat carrier to put her in it before we go we have to turn it up on its end and back her into it, and then when we get to the vet she doesn't want to come out so we have to turn it over and dump her out...poor thing :giggle:

U2democrat said:
Great.

Before we had a cat carrier I would carry Chloe in my arms to the vet...boy was that an adventure! :lol:

But now with the cat carrier to put her in it before we go we have to turn it up on its end and back her into it, and then when we get to the vet she doesn't want to come out so we have to turn it over and dump her out...poor thing :giggle:

We usually end up taking the entire top off of the carrier to get out cats out. :D Then they are always in a hurry to get back *in* the carrier when it's time to go home!

U2democrat said:

I have to the same thing with Worf. But, like MsPurrl said, Worf is always eager to get back into the carrier when it's time to go home :lol:.

U2democrat said:
Great.

:lol:

I forgot to say, Zooropa is 1kg overwieght :uhoh:

1351812363_3bd4154931.jpg

Great pic. I'm reallly in amazement that the cats and dog get along. I think my cats would completely freak out.

My Grandmother's dog loooooves cats, she gets along with any cat she meets. However she's around 15 years old and keeps losing weight no matter how much she eats, it breaks my heart but every time I say goodbye to her I feel like it's going to be the last time :sad:

U2democrat said:
Chloe's about 4 pounds overweight...(that's about 2kg i think)

I don't know how much cats are supposed to weigh?
Our orange tabby is one of those "big & tall" cats. I think he's a little overweight though, 10kilos.:ohmy:
He loves to lay on my chest with his face right up next to mine:cute:
When he finally hops off you can feel all the blood rushing back. I think it might be time for a diet:shame:

Sicy said:
Great pic. I'm reallly in amazement that the cats and dog get along. I think my cats would completely freak out.

They get along so amazing well, better than anything I could have wished for. They basically ignore each other, except Beckham who has a bad habit of sneaking up on the dog while she sleeps and getting in her face. The cats have accepted ownership of the basement, and the dog doesn't go down there besides poking her face through the cat door. The other good thing is that the dog never goes on any furniture and the cats have always hung out on the couch and the bed, so they aren't competing for space. When I have an empty sardine can, all four of them will try to lick it out at once.

I don't know how much cats are supposed to weigh?

It really depends on the cat since there's such a range of size and structure. My Marijke weighs less than 7lbs and is now an adult. Posh is a little under 10 and Beckham is more like 12 (he's always a little pudgy). They should be lean, but not too ribby. Marijke's so thin her pelvic bones stick out. I took her to the vet and they said as long as she eats good she's fine b/c her eyes, fur, and mouth looked fine. If I feed her more, she doesn't eat it all. I have to be most careful with Posh b/c she has the smallest frame and is most sedentary.

I recently switched to a holistic formula premium food totally free of all the crap cats and dogs don't need (wheat, corn, soy, barley....) and they are doing well, Beckham is not barfing. That was the main problem - Beckham is sensitive and barfs up most foods.

cinnaminson said:

Our orange tabby is one of those "big & tall" cats. I think he's a little overweight though, 10kilos.:ohmy:
He loves to lay on my chest with his face right up next to mine:cute:

He sounds a lot like my MiloGuido. He's also a large orange tabby and also likes to sleep on my chest, purr, and stare at me. He's recently decided he likes to lick my hands during the night too. That's charming. :rolleyes:

I don't think he weighs quite as much as yours, but is in the upper teens poundwise.

How many pounds is 10 kilos? :reject: Our gold tiger/tabby Fergus is closing in on 20 pounds, I think--but he has no fat at all. He is all muscle, and he is a big cat. From the base of his neck to the base of his tail, he's at least 20 inches. And his legs are about 10 inches long. He is just a big boy! But he's very sweet.

P.S. Lies, the picture of you and your furkids is just darling! :love:

Our Maximus is a big tom as well (lives with my friend). He's orange and white and probably about 15lbs, but he's always been very thin and lanky. He's quite a bit larger/longer than Beckham.

MsPurrl said:
How many pounds is 10 kilos? :reject: Our gold tiger/tabby Fergus is closing in on 20 pounds, I think--but he has no fat at all. He is all muscle, and he is a big cat. From the base of his neck to the base of his tail, he's at least 20 inches. And his legs are about 10 inches long. He is just a big boy! But he's very sweet.

P.S. Lies, the picture of you and your furkids is just darling! :love:

2.2 lbs = 1 kilo

It must be an orange/yellow cat thing! All my yellow cat boys are large cats, but all very sweet too. :)

one of my kittens just died from an unknown reason:sad:
and he was so pretty.
he was white and brown,and we were going to have pictures taken of them all:sad:

most of my cats are black and white,brown and grey striped
i need to get pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom