For Cat Lovers Only VIII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About that.... my ex roomie Katie finally had her baby a while ago (she was 4 weeks overdue or something) and was recently telling me that Max seemed to be avoiding her baby. She thought he was jealous and then decided to give him away as soon as she delivered.

:| :| :|

Yep, it is. She'd been wanting to get rid of him for a while, ever since she got pregnant. Apparently, while I was gone for the summer, he was AGAIN locked out of the house and the poor thing peed in the basement. She had to clean it up and that made her want to get rid of him even more. :happy:

I asked her, "What if your baby peed somewhere and you had to clean it up? Would you give HER away?" :mad:

She was silent.

Babydoll, your ex-rommie doesn't sound as if she's much of a cat owner, so maybe Max's new people will be better. I know everyone else seems to think her giving him away is awful, but if she's a rotten owner, then it's worse for her to keep him. The cat should have competent owners who love and care for him.

I agree that she should never have gotten the cat in the first place if she wasn't prepared to care for him, but given that she obviously isn't prepared to do that, her keeping him would just exacerbate the situation. And that would be even less fair for the cat.

Babydoll said:
I asked her, "What if your baby peed somewhere and you had to clean it up? Would you give HER away?" :mad:

Babydoll: 1, Stupid Roommate: 0

I still have a stray living under the bushes outside my apartment. I'm probably moving in October, but I want to see if I can get the shelter where I got Jack to take her before I go. I know my landlords won't pay any attention to her, so she's better off at the shelter (it's a great, no-kill one) once the weather starts to cool off.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

Babydoll: 1, Stupid Roommate: 0

I still have a stray living under the bushes outside my apartment. I'm probably moving in October, but I want to see if I can get the shelter where I got Jack to take her before I go. I know my landlords won't pay any attention to her, so she's better off at the shelter (it's a great, no-kill one) once the weather starts to cool off.

Well said. And hopefully they will find a home for her.

U2democrat, best wishes for you and Chloe. I think she will be much better after her gums heal! :hug:

^Poor Chloe!

indra said:

Oh I'm so pleased to hear this! I was really worried about her. :)

All my cats are strays (and I have a couple more who come around every day for food and attention) and some are still very wary even years after becoming an "official" member of my household. I still love them all though. :)

I think that's a good thing though. Before I moved house we also looked after strays that lived there, luckily our neighbour liked cats also and she continues to care for them, but they still remain wary of other humans to this day. There are a lot of people who don't like cats and will go out of their way to harm them so I think it's for the best that they learn not to be so trustworthy of humans!

U2democrat said:
Ugh I feel SO guilty about not being able to be there for Chloe. She's never been through anything like this :(

They'll take good care of her. I don't imagine you would be able to be present for the surgery, but she'll be glad to see you when you go to take her home! :hug:

Thanks everybody! :D:hug:

Finally good news for Chloe. My dad said when he brought her home from the vet she was hungry because she hadn't been allowed food since 9pm the previous night but before she could eat she licked his face :lol:

U2democrat said:
Thanks everybody! :D:hug:

Finally good news for Chloe. My dad said when he brought her home from the vet she was hungry because she hadn't been allowed food since 9pm the previous night but before she could eat she licked his face :lol:

That is so sweet: "Thank you, Daddy." I hope she continues to improve. I know it's difficult for you to be away from her now. :(

The lack of good natural light and the wood paneling (as opposed to white walls) has cramped my ability to take indoor cat pics. I did reinforce the screens on our porch so now the cats can be out there whenever they want.

Marijke fell asleep in my lap squished between my legs, almost totally upside down
1316155136_a129cb1711.jpg

1316155436_eaf06ca961.jpg

1315269335_04dfb60342.jpg

1315269785_d267c5e0b0.jpg

1315270275_3769264012.jpg

1315270851_9a1b91f1c5.jpg

1316159872_b1101bb8a7.jpg

1315274423_ac3d3278cc.jpg

1316162434_ce309648bb.jpg

1316164134_00a11a2fb0.jpg

Happy Birthday to Chloe! :)

Liesje -- cute pics. :) My cats would absolutely love a screened in porch. They are up in any available window now and sometimes have little cat spats over who gets the choice spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom