For Cat Lovers Only XVII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw a commercial which contained a clip of a music video. i saw this:
mtmeowmore.png

:cute:

my dad got a stuffed chicken from a food rep at work today and gave it to Wesley. The guy asked him if he had any grandkids he wanted to give the chicken to and my dad said no but he had a grandcat that would love it :cute:

I have a minor food issue with Wes....

I know he's not thrilled with his dry because he kicks it all on the floor when I give it to him and won't eat it unless he's really hungry. The dry stuff is finally almost gone so I bought a totally new brand to mix in. I gave him a few little pieces on Sat to try it before I mixed it in with his old food. I probably put a half cup of the new stuff into the old, so really not a lot but enough for us to test this out. I was going to increase it in a few days. So now ever since Sat he won't eat anything but his dry food. :crack: He basically has a full can of wet (breakfast and dinner) in his bowl and now he is sitting by the cabinet where his dry food is kept waiting for me to give him more dry. His wet food is his main food and dry is just a little filler in between meals so if he's not eating his wet food then he's really not eating much. He's fine otherwise...box, playing with toys, etc so I don't think there's any reason for me to be concerned about him other than he must really like this new food and only want it now. He usually gives me the evil eye when I give him dry food and then walks away from his bowl but now since he's gotten this tiny bit of new food he runs to the bowl and eats it all up.

I know he's not thrilled with his dry because he kicks it all on the floor when I give it to him and won't eat it unless he's really hungry. The dry stuff is finally almost gone so I bought a totally new brand to mix in. I gave him a few little pieces on Sat to try it before I mixed it in with his old food. I probably put a half cup of the new stuff into the old, so really not a lot but enough for us to test this out. I was going to increase it in a few days. So now ever since Sat he won't eat anything but his dry food. :crack: He basically has a full can of wet (breakfast and dinner) in his bowl and now he is sitting by the cabinet where his dry food is kept waiting for me to give him more dry. His wet food is his main food and dry is just a little filler in between meals so if he's not eating his wet food then he's really not eating much. He's fine otherwise...box, playing with toys, etc so I don't think there's any reason for me to be concerned about him other than he must really like this new food and only want it now. He usually gives me the evil eye when I give him dry food and then walks away from his bowl but now since he's gotten this tiny bit of new food he runs to the bowl and eats it all up.

Cats are the most finicky eaters ever, unfortunately this is normal. What was wrong with the old dry food?

Aw are those new kittehs??

:( I'm sorry. :hug:

Thanks mate. Zoe was old, kidney failure dementia, we had her put to sleep. Abby though, she disappeared without warning around 6 months ago. I still spend many hours thinking of her, wondering, worrying, checking places. it's so painful. What I would give to have my 2 little mates back.

:sigh:

Meanwhile, there is Meggs, a total wing nut, and placid little Ruby. They are so immensely sweet. I have a bittersweet cat world at the moment.

Maybe limit the amount of dry food you put out. This way when he gets hungry and there's nothing else he will eat the canned food.

try putting out only a quarter cup of dry food in the morning or something and then put out some more later in the day once he has gone through his wet food.

Once he gets used to this type of routine, then you can slowly increase the amount of dry food that you leave out

Maybe limit the amount of dry food you put out. This way when he gets hungry and there's nothing else he will eat the canned food.

try putting out only a quarter cup of dry food in the morning or something and then put out some more later in the day once he has gone through his wet food.

Once he gets used to this type of routine, then you can slowly increase the amount of dry food that you leave out

this is what I already do. The all day buffet didn't work for him so I give him two little portions of dry a day.

The reason I want to switch food is because he kicks his dry out on the floor and eats one kind over another (it's a mix of two brands). I mixed them when I thought I would switch him from the brand he came with from the Humane Society to a "healthier" option. He doesn't like the healthy brand...and when I gave it to him just straight without the other brand he had major litterbox issues. So before I decide to settle on the original brand I wanted to try one more "healthy" brand that my vet suggested. Now that I have 3 brands mixed, he eats everything including the brand he wouldn't eat before. But now he won't eat his wet food. His breakfast from 3:30 am (that's when I get up for work :happy: ) is still in his bowl but I'm not going to give him anymore dry until he eats the rest.

So apparently the electric blanket has something in it that makes Bowie immediately flip on his back and chill, because we brought it upstairs again to watch a movie, and it was an immediate reaction from him :lol:

My Darcy done a rare thing the other day, she is usually an anti-social cat and first time in like, months, actually lay on me and with me and pummelled at my jumper and me, really.

why are cats so random when it comes to this?

LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom