Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How sweet - she feels sorry for us! I will think of something to bring to share also. Milk - it will definitely stay cold!

I really hope my husband doesn't wreck this experience for me. You know, when you're so excited about something and the other person is like, yea, whatever. My 1st husband wouldn't do ANYTHING so I got used to just going alone.

I can understand why you're worried. Our conditions are going to be pretty miserable as it is, and I'd be worried about being with someone that is going to have this face on the entire time

:grumpy:

First sign of whining, I say you put him on time out!

:wink:

Seriously, why oh why am I single? :sad:

:lmao:

BEVERLY56 said:
How sweet - she feels sorry for us! I will think of something to bring to share also. Milk - it will definitely stay cold!

I really hope my husband doesn't wreck this experience for me. You know, when you're so excited about something and the other person is like, yea, whatever. My 1st husband wouldn't do ANYTHING so I got used to just going alone.

My cousin's wife had the same attitude for our show in MPLS. Sick of us talking about it, sick of her husband making her listen to the music constantly, angry we made her get in line so early. Once in line, she loved all the cool people. After the show, U2 fan for life. It will be all good....

If not, time out chair plus duct tape:mad:

If anyone has an extra GA ticket or know someone with one... please let me know, thats the only ticket I can afford! :huh:

Big news... Saturday high has been up to... drumroll... 32 degrees!

Sitting at my desk, chin in hand, looking out the window, pondering...

- Why is the sun shining when we're gonna get 3 to 6 inches of snow in a few hours?

- What's the best sounding bootleg of this tour to d/l to listen on the way to Cleveland?

- I wonder what time Kyra will be there with her cookies so I can be visiting the line at the time?

- Would Edge and Bono really come out in the snow before the soundcheck?

- Are they going to play Bad? Zoo Station? Ohhhh I'd love to hear An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart!

- I personally know just ONE other person in my area that is a U2 fanatic, other than my son. I guess it's the area I live in, could explain why Columbus Elevation show wasn't a sell-out.

Good grief, I need to get some work done!

A couple weeks ago we were talking about it, and I told him "wait til you see The Edge live, he is so awesome"... he says I've seen alot of great guitarists. I said really? Who. He said oh, whatsisname who plays for...emmm...uhhh...cant think of the name right now. The gold standard for concerts for Ed is when he saw Chicago and The Beach Boys together (longggggg ago).

Yeah, you won't have to worry about the milk spoiling! And I love the idea of the snow time-out chair. I just wish I could get my hands on some GAs (or even just one) so I could join you. Maybe something will come through...

Fairtrade, I am originally from Cincinnati, but I lived in Minneapolis for about seven years. (Was a student at the U and also worked there.) I absolutely LOVED it, but moved back home to Ohio a few years ago to be closer to my family, and, oh yes, my husband is here too. I miss Minnesota a lot.

Beverly, my ex-husband sounds like your ex-husband. (I actually missed the PopMart tour because of my ex...which is just one of the many reasons why he's an ex!) I'm sure you're going to have a great time, and if there's any whining, I bet Miroslava will point to the time-out chair, plus there's always duct tape!!

BEVERLY56 said:
The gold standard for concerts for Ed is when he saw Chicago and The Beach Boys together (longggggg ago).

OMG! :ohmy:

Other than Edge, greats that I have seen include Earl Slick (with David Bowie), Eddie Van Halen, Pete Townshend, Jimmy Page, one of the best concerts I've been to was in 1974 I think, Alvin Lee with Ten Years After and Peter Frampton opened for them.

Well, Beverly, my quick research into duct tape indicates that it may not work well below 32 degrees. So, you might need some rope handy....

(you know I'm kidding, right? uh-oh, have to bring Beverly extra cookies now!)

BEVERLY56 said:
At what temperature does duct tape stop working? Ed's a pretty cool guy, I'm sure he will be fine.

On multiple hellatious winter camping expeditions duct tape never failed me.....
If he is married to a U2 fan such as you, he must be a good guy ;)

Leaving in 2 hours...

Wish me luck on the roads ... I should have internet access upon arrival...I'll try to keep everyone informed...

See you in Cleveland, We'll have a green popup tent in the frontal section of the line ;) stop by and say hello // hello //

Wow! You guys have been busy on here during the past day that I wasn't visiting the forum!

I'm a bit concerned about this heavy snow advisory weather.com announced. At the end of the advisory, its says,

"A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY."

I might have to leave earlier and drive slower to Cleveland, but I think U2 constitues an emergency!! :wink:

Samantha

See you all soon!!

macfesto said:
Leaving in 2 hours...

Wish me luck on the roads ... I should have internet access upon arrival...I'll try to keep everyone informed...

See you in Cleveland, We'll have a green popup tent in the frontal section of the line ;) stop by and say hello // hello //

Drive safe James! An an update of where you guys end up at and the conditions would be great before I leave Friday night!! :D

SO, here's the itenerary for tomorrow:

2:30 - Chronicles of Narnia
5:30 - Basketball game at high school
8:30 - book it out of the high school to get on the road by 9:00
9:00/10:00 - switch over to Eastern Time
4:00/5:00 AM - Arrive in Cleveland park at hotel and stalk the Arena

How's that sounding? Gonna work?

oh btw, what does 2,3,4 mean?

OH, and once again, DRIVE SAFE JAMES!

Last edited:
Kyra1 said:

Fairtrade, I am originally from Cincinnati, but I lived in Minneapolis for about seven years. (Was a student at the U and also worked there.) I absolutely LOVED it, but moved back home to Ohio a few years ago to be closer to my family, and, oh yes, my husband is here too. I miss Minnesota a lot.

QUOTE]

I have thought occasionally about moving back but also love it here too much. Good luck with your GA search! Susie

Kyra1 said:

(you know I'm kidding, right? uh-oh, have to bring Beverly extra cookies now!)

Yes, I'm REALLY MAD. LOTS OF COOKIES.:yes:

I would say the best guitar player I've seen was hands down Eric Clapton, Edge is #2. Best concert ever: Probably Paul McCartney & Wings at the old Cleve stadium. 2nd: Elevation Cleveland (free radio station tickets + ellipse + 1st U2 concert.

The Heavy Snow Advisory isn't for the county Cleveland is in(and the snow advisory is mainly because of lake effect... Cleveland isn't quite in the snow belt). Weather.com is always wrong... your best bet for Cleveland weather update is: http://www.weathernet5.com/index.html

James the roads should be fine coming from D-town... construction will probably be your biggest problem!

bono_212 said:

oh btw, what does 2,3,4 mean?

:lol:

That is just general GA line loopiness that April, Lies and I had going through the Pittsbugh/Detroit shows. We were numbers 2, 3 and 4 in line for the Pitts show so we would just randomly yell the Gloria 2,3, 4 and launch into song :D

And by the way... we're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :scream:

Oh April, don't take a lunch tomorrow so you can get out of there early. My boss might send me out of here at 4:00 instead of 5:00. She's worried about us :wink:

So do everything you need to do tonight, or else :madwife:

jd45177 said:
Sitting at my desk, chin in hand, looking out the window, pondering...

- Why is the sun shining when we're gonna get 3 to 6 inches of snow in a few hours?

- What's the best sounding bootleg of this tour to d/l to listen on the way to Cleveland?

- I wonder what time Kyra will be there with her cookies so I can be visiting the line at the time?

- Would Edge and Bono really come out in the snow before the soundcheck?

- Are they going to play Bad? Zoo Station? Ohhhh I'd love to hear An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart!

- I personally know just ONE other person in my area that is a U2 fanatic, other than my son. I guess it's the area I live in, could explain why Columbus Elevation show wasn't a sell-out.

Good grief, I need to get some work done!

Fellow Daytonian, I was wondering the same thing about the snow...it's just not that OMINOUS outside, ya know?
I have no idea about the bootlegs...
Um, if I bring cookies will you come and visit us, too? We can discuss Dayton-like things! :)
If we all look pathetic enough in our layers & layers, maybe they will grace us with their presence...
Baaaaaaaaddddddd. (and a little prayer for Mofo)
Well, even tho it's online, you know "personally" know another U2 fanatic in your area! Where were your seats for Col Elevation? And did you go to Col POP?

Oh, and I should prolly get back to work, too...but I don't wanna! No concentratioon! !:huh:

long underwear here we come!

Miroslava said:

:lol:

That is just general GA line loopiness that April, Lies and I had going through the Pittsbugh/Detroit shows. We were numbers 2, 3 and 4 in line for the Pitts show so we would just randomly yell the Gloria 2,3, 4 and launch into song :D

And by the way... we're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :scream:

Oh April, don't take a lunch tomorrow so you can get out of there early. My boss might send me out of here at 4:00 instead of 5:00. She's worried about us :wink:

So do everything you need to do tonight, or else :madwife:

I'm planning on getting there at 7-ish. :yes:

Yay! Let me know when you are out of there... As you know my boss is really cool and she wants us to have a safe trip, so she'll let me goooooooooooooooooo aha

*cheese*

Also, got an email from a nice fellow with a cool last name that has been following our little discussion and told me to pass on the following:

I just called The Q
and they said that they will not be allowing people to line up until
10 AM. That kind of shocked me. Oh, and they're issuing wristbands at
the time the doors open (6pm) NOT before. Anyway, just thought I'd let
you know, for what it's worth.

So definitely no numbered wristbands, though we kinda has assumed that though the line up time mentioned is different than what was discussed before.

Oh well, we're still going to ignore the policy and try for earlier :lol:

Thanks C. Feel free to delurk anyday now :wink:

OK, im trying to get names straight. LivLuv and Larry's Pop Angel, you are the ladies with Miroslava, one of you is April and the other one is...I dont remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom