Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was such an amazing last show for me... Words can't even describe how much I love this band.

Camping out for the most part, not really that bad at all. We stayed pretty toasty throughout the day and stops back at the hotel and the ETS party helped with the warming up, too. It was great to see the Detroit peeps again, see wannabe and my Stick Sis, meet new Interlanders, and of course, hang with the girls. :hug: I wouldn't have wanted to experience my last show with anyone else, except for ~LadyLemon~ and ShelsRaging, of course (my original GA buds from Elevation). Great times, great times. :)

The anxiety leading up to the show was the worst I think it's ever been for me, since it was the last show, we had ETS, and it was so damn cold! Luckily, I scanned us in (I still can't believe I scanned in 4 out of my last 5 shows! :ohmy: ) and after getting my band I walked briskly down the stairs... I ran into some probs with security over the camera, but luckily Miro and Beth were already in and after resolving that issue I ran in and got my spot - the very spot I wanted to be in for the last time.

The show was amazing... Miro and I nearly had a heart attack for Gloria, Adam was sooooooooo loving on us :cute:, Bono was adorable and giving us love as well (well, from what we could tell when we weren't paying attention to Adam, lol - Dear Diary, Dec. 11: That freaking Bono...:madwife: :giggle: ), and right before Yahweh, I waved to Larry and he waved back and smiled at me. :wink: It was a very emotional night for all of us, but it could not have been a more perfect last show. I also got my second Bono pick from Dallas, but traded Beth for her Adam one the next afternoon at lunch. :whistle:

As for the dance.... Wow. I mean, WOW. :combust: I was beaming and crying at Miro and Bono the entire time, it was so great to see. At first he was coming up to me, her, and Beth, so we all had our hands out, then I got a slippery Bono hand touch so I went, "mmm, kay..." but by then he had chosen his girl and it was all good. :drool:

Amazing night... I'm sick as a mofo right now but I'll post my pics later. I cannot WAIT for the boot of this.

I would not have traded my company for that show for anything! It was incredible to experience it with people you adore...

As for the choosing, I was soooooooooo hoping it would be either you or Beth. I was thinking it would be Beth actually and after the initial knee jerk reaction of reaching out the hand when he started pointing I know I thought "pull back, pull back!!!" and I did. I moved my hand a good few inches behind the others but he kept going...

Not that I am complaining... eh. We had this conversation already and you know how I feel. You guys are awesome... :kiss:

Last edited:
Hello all!

I'm still in sort of a shock/daze over the whole concert! I don't know if it really has kicked in that with one good heave on the rail I could've touched The Edge's ratty old Chucks. Heehee!! :cool:

My body still hasn't recovered from standing out in the cold so long. I've been slatering myself in Icy Hot for the past two nights!

It was great meeting folks in line. The company definitely made the wait seem not-so-long.

Enggirl: did you see Line Cutter Guy and his girlfriend got in the Ellipse? I was so mad!! Sorry I lost you gals, Jeff had to go to the bathroom as soon as we got inside and then he saw people he knew at the consessions stand right outside the entrance to go down to GA. I was pulling his arm and going "We didn't stand in the freezing cold to be four rows back!!"

Miro you are so The Chosen One!! I saw you get pulled on stage and I was thinking "That's not... but that IS... OMG how lucky can one person get?!" :)

My boss hated the show.. she said Bono's too political. I kind of thought, well duh. You can't please everyone.

AHH, I want to do it again!! I'll post pictures whenever Jeff gets them uploaded online.

M

atomicpink said:
Hello all!

I'm still in sort of a shock/daze over the whole concert! I don't know if it really has kicked in that with one good heave on the rail I could've touched The Edge's ratty old Chucks. Heehee!! :cool:

My body still hasn't recovered from standing out in the cold so long. I've been slatering myself in Icy Hot for the past two nights!

It was great meeting folks in line. The company definitely made the wait seem not-so-long.

Enggirl: did you see Line Cutter Guy and his girlfriend got in the Ellipse? I was so mad!! Sorry I lost you gals, Jeff had to go to the bathroom as soon as we got inside and then he saw people he knew at the consessions stand right outside the entrance to go down to GA. I was pulling his arm and going "We didn't stand in the freezing cold to be four rows back!!"

Miro you are so The Chosen One!! I saw you get pulled on stage and I was thinking "That's not... but that IS... OMG how lucky can one person get?!" :)

My boss hated the show.. she said Bono's too political. I kind of thought, well duh. You can't please everyone.

AHH, I want to do it again!! I'll post pictures whenever Jeff gets them uploaded online.

M

Hi "pinky" :)
I'm with you on the recuperation thing--I'm just completely fried. I'll probably start feeling better by around Christmas!

Yeah, Line Cutter Guy (aka "Coffe Boy") was in the ellipse. That rat bastard! But you know what, I would have rather been where I was...even with the security guy's head in my line of sight of the stage the whole time! I'd have been too short to see much in the ellipse.
Re: Jeff--and GUYS think that we are always in the bathroom ;)
Say Hi to him for me! He's a good guy...

Um, no offense, but is your boss NEW? Has she never listened to U2 before? You want non-political, go see Britney Spears (may the U2 message board gods forgive me for typing her name on the Blue Crack!). You want something to think about, you go see U2. No one said it was "easy" music!

I got some great pics, too. I'll fish out the nicest and try to post them later (have to use sis's DSL!)

OK, now it's time to get to work!

p.s.--I also met starsgoblue (Rebecca)--what happened to her? did anyone see her later? she never came back to the line...

enggirl said:

Yeah, Line Cutter Guy (aka "Coffe Boy") was in the ellipse. That rat bastard!

Did he get in, too? I saw the guy who came in at the last minute and had some number written on his hand in pen and tried to get in front of the college kids in back of us. I thought he was someone different than Coffee Boy.. but maybe I'm confused!!

Bono_212, glad to hear your Mom is OK (sorry, atomicbono, I can't keep all these "bonos" straight!) AND glad you had good seats, although they should have put you in the ellipse!

The rail with "the tent gang" was great, Bono leaned out and put his hand into ours, yeah! we also saw alot of The Edge on that side (especially his back side during SYCMIOYO) and Adam seemed smiley on his trip around the ellipse. And when Larry trecked out, I was especially psyched (what at CUTEY!)

I still have Yahweh in my head and was actually sining it aloud in the elevator at work today (I was alone)

BTW, my husband had a great time with his buddy in section 215 (who upon seeing us on the rail said, "so that's why they waited outside all day")

Any "interesting" at the Ritz after the show, Scarletwine?

OhioU, hope you had a good birthday!

An amazing night (and day)... thanks everybody!

Laura

atomicpink said:

Did he get in, too? I saw the guy who came in at the last minute and had some number written on his hand in pen and tried to get in front of the college kids in back of us. I thought he was someone different than Coffee Boy.. but maybe I'm confused!!

Yeah, someone near me saw Coffe Guy in the ellipse, toward the right side. Oh, you saw Cutter guy and his girlfriend with the furry hood? Is that who you mean? Coffee guy was dressed nice. He came by at 2 and dropped off coffees and hot chocolate from Panera and said he had to go get his girlfriend, and then never showed up again! I mean, there is SOME leeway about standing in line all day, but should you have to at least STAND IN LINE sometime during the day, if only for a minute? :eyebrow:

BTW, I spent the entire drive back to Chicago yesterday trying to figure out a way to blow off all the stuff I have scheduled for Wednesday and go to St. Louis...I was like "hey all the camping gear is already in the car, it would be so simple, I could leave right after work and all I would have to do is find a GA ticket, etc". But then reality struck and I realized there was no way. :(

Can't wait for the next album and tour...

No surprises at the Ritz. But the bar was packed with people looking for them. A good excuse for a couple of post concert drinks.

It was great meeting you all. Glad your mom's ok Bono_212.

Wish i could convince my bank account to let me go to Portland.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I tried contacting her several times and never heard back. :( You never saw her come back before doors opened?

No, I never saw her again. The last i remember seeing her was around 2 maybe. I had to run and get my car before it got towed and I told her to get in my sleeping bag for a while. When I came back, she wasn't there, and she never showed back up. She would have been right behind us...
Oh, and off-track but funny: on our way to Cle, we saw this car with ACTNG BB on the plate--it was her! I honked and waved, but she didn't hear me. She was haulin down the freeway and we stopped for bathroom break... So I was surprised to see her show up to the line after us!

Bono_212, I am very glad to hear that your mom is OK. I'm so sorry to hear about your experience, and that you weren't able to be in the ellipse, but relieved that your mother is fine.

Did I mention how great it was to meet everybody? I know there are names I forgot, and I'm so sorry (plus I get all you bono girls' names confused too!). So, greetings again, and it was wonderful to meet such nice people.

Catlady, glad you got back to Chicago OK!

Starsgoblue (Rebekah) and I talked on the phone Saturday afternoon when I dropped the cookies off, but I haven't heard from her since either. I'll see what I can find out, and will let you guys know.

Thanks again to everybody!

BonoInAKilt, I must have been right behind you by the looks of your pictures! Thanks for sharing the photos.. I didn't have a camera so I'm showing off your photos to everyone!

After nearly giving up on tickets after no GAs online inn the morning I went downtown and scored the last GA at the box office after waiting an hour for ticket drops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was sooo awesome! I was 2-3 people deep where the drums for Love and Peace Or Else were.

Some girl, who was in the ellipse, took a photo of us on the other side and said she was going to post it online... was that any of you?

Last edited:
126_2688.jpg

126_2689.jpg

126_2690.jpg

Great pics April! That little girl was so cute, I can't believe Bono actually held on to her gum :yuck: But he is a dad with kids, they don't mind kid spit so much I guess :shrug:

Miro you were the dicussion of part of our lunch conversation today at work!! My boss started talking about you with Bono and was convinced it was fixed and that they "placed" you there so he could pull you on stage.

I have pictures of us camping overnight with about 5 layers of clothing if you'd like to show your boss... :lol:

atomicpink said:
Miro you were the dicussion of part of our lunch conversation today at work!! My boss started talking about you with Bono and was convinced it was fixed and that they "placed" you there so he could pull you on stage.

i heard it was fixed too

Miroslava said:
I have pictures of us camping overnight with about 5 layers of clothing if you'd like to show your boss... :lol:

yeah, well.. she though the whole concert was horrible anyway, so... :ohmy: I told her I "knew" you and it wasn't fixed.

atomicpink said:

yeah, well.. she though the whole concert was horrible anyway, so... :ohmy: I told her I "knew" you and it wasn't fixed.

Dolly, your boss should have stayed home and watched "Murder She Wrote" or something more her speed...:scratch:

sheesh!

your boss = learning disorder

Great pictures everyone!

Oh by the way, Pagel says,

" Hello! I had the time of my life!! camping for concerts is fun as hell."

or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom