Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wasn't as bad as my post would suggest, just lots of body contact and running her hands though Bono's hair for about half of WOWY. And I thought getting a Bono pick from Dallas was special.

Hi guys, my husband and I BOTH got scanned in. Against the stage smack in front of Edge. AWESOME. Probably one of the best shows of the tour, and DEFINITELY worth the 12 hrs in GA line (which were very cold hours, I might add). Yes my friends, its true, once again Miroslava was THE CHOSEN ONE and it was very -- well, let's just say --- PERSONAL. I only have photos from behind and she probably wouldn't want me to post em without her seeing them first, but I will put a couple up there, as well as some others, in the Fan Experienes & Photos section. Im loading them to my photobucket account as we speak. MY U2 virgin husband also had a great time.

Last edited:
Bev, thanks so much for the warmth in the tent (and don't worry, we didn't put the propane tank IN the tent), so glad that you and your hubbie were in the ellipse; a bunch of us we on the rail, Edge's side -- well worth the many hours on 6th street!!!!

INCREDIBLI j Show -- will post more later...

AtomicBono, please let us know how your Mom is doing

Hust developed my disposable camera pics, they suck, so look forward to seeing posted pics

last night was AMAZING! it made waiting in line at 4 am and freezing my ass off, completely worth it.
Bono took my rose during Stuck in A Moment and i died. lol and i also got a set list. and my friend got a drum stick!
and then i cried the rest of the show because it hit me that it was my last show. :sad:

wow. last night was just amazing.

and it was also cool to meet some of you in line! :)

U2 never fails to amaze me.

Last edited:
BEVERLY56 said:
Hi guys, my husband and I BOTH got scanned in. Against the stage smack in front of Edge. AWESOME. Probably one of the best shows of the tour, and DEFINITELY worth the 12 hrs in GA line (which were very cold hours, I might add). Yes my friends, its true, once again Miroslava was THE CHOSEN ONE and it was very -- well, let's just say --- PERSONAL. I only have photos from behind and she probably wouldn't want me to post em without her seeing them first, but I will put a couple up there, as well as some others, in the Fan Experienes & Photos section. Im loading them to my photobucket account as we speak. MY U2 virgin husband also had a great time.

My friend and I got in as well, and were able to bring 2 other folks we met in line. We were probably right near you - just by the rail b/w Bono & Edge. What an incredible vantage point to see their expressions and interactions. What a night!

Hi All!!!!
I, too, got into the ellipse in both Buffalo and Cleveland! Amazing shows- my U2 virgin sister and brother in law are not fans for life. I also saw Dallas walking out of the ellipse when I was walking in. I had made a sign that said Hi Dallas, may I have a pick please? Lame I know but he was super nice, asked my name and gave me a Bono pick. So glad to hear everyone had such good experiences. Hope everyone has made it home safely and is not suffering from too much post show depression. :sad:

jd45177 said:
Wasn't as bad as my post would suggest, just lots of body contact and running her hands though Bono's hair for about half of WOWY. And I thought getting a Bono pick from Dallas was special.

She was all over him clinging to him bigtime and didn't want to let go. It was classic! The crowd loved it. Well done, it's things like this that makes a show special. :)

JD where were you @ during the concert ? Just wondering ....

I can't get Instant Karma outta my head :whistle:

I cannot believe how smoothly everything went yesterday from the four hour drive , the ETS dinner/party they even let my two teenagers ride the shuttle even though I only paid for them to participate in the dinner/party.

Security @ QLArena were super nice and friendly I was only outside in the GA line for ten minutes tops at about 6:15p.m.

I asked one of the security guards how many people can fit inside the arena he said 19,500 to 20,000 max for a sold out event.

When I arrived in the GA area I was only about 5 or 6 rows back from the rail but hovered near the back talking to a really nice old guy who does security there. U2 was *MAGNIFICIENT*

I remember seeing a red rose being plucked by Bono so I guess that was BonoInAKilt

What a night !!!!!!!!

I hope Eng Girl made it back ok ..... anyone hear from her ?

Hey all,

My buddy James Pagel and I had a Blast...

We caught Bono's Drumstick btw ;)

But I gave it to my girl Kelly since she has been dying for one since Detroit II ;)

It was an incredible Show, Waiting in line at 3am was a BLAST!! my buddy James talked to EVERYONE and couldn't get over how exciting it was...he's a DIEHARD for life now... we were right on the rail dead center all night...it was magic...Adam even nodded at our excitement!!

I'll catch everyone soon!

Hey all....just wanted to say thanks. I'm awful with names but let me give it a shot....Thanks James #s 1,2 and 3 , Tracy, Kelly, Shannon, hubby and crew and everyone else that braved the cold at 4am!!! Even though I came up alone, you guys made me feel at home...My first GA...but definately not my last!!!! Congrats on getting the drumstick...Bono shook my hand as he went by...can't even remember which song he was in the middle of - - - it's alll a blurr.

Hope to stay in touch and meet up with you all again next tour!!! Peace!

Rodger, a.k.a.
CloserToKnowing
:) :wink:

BTW...bonoinakilt..i remember the rose...you must have been right by me....(were you the one behind me? didn't catch exactly where it came from) I was the one in the UK hat

Hi All...

I just got home about an hour ago. I read all these posts and figured out who everyone was.

WE didn't get into the ellipse, but we got on the rail. These two loverly ladies (Andrea and Terry) were with us in line and we all grouped together at the rail...but because they were taller they stood behind my sister & I. I had a security guard's head in my Bono-line-of-sight for most of the show, but he was RIGHT THERE in front of me many, many times and got amazing pics!

Macfesto (James): I was pretty sure it was you when I was standing about a foot away from you (you looked like I remember from your pic--oh, and your girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous!), and now I know! Bono was looking at me and my sister when he held out those drumsticks, but boy you have a huuuuuge reach! :) No worries, tho! (Same for you, too, BonoInAKilt's friend!)
I met only a couple of you in line. Honestly, it was too frigging cold to be too social--I just wanted to stay huddled in my sleeping bag. That last couple hours, the last hour especially, waiting in line to go in was BRUTAL.

Miroslava--the second Bono got you on stage I turned to my sis and said "I 'Know' her!!"
Also met U2_Grace and atomicpink in line.

It was a great show...
and I'm completely exhausted.

talk to you all later...

BonoInAKilt said:
last night was AMAZING! it made waiting in line at 4 am and freezing my ass off, completely worth it.
Bono took my rose during Stuck in A Moment and i died. lol and i also got a set list. and my friend got a drum stick!
and then i cried the rest of the show because it hit me that it was my last show. :sad:

wow. last night was just amazing.

and it was also cool to meet some of you in line! :)

U2 never fails to amaze me.

BonoInAKilt...I have awsome pictures so Bono taking the rose from you. My husband and I were on the inside of the elispe right on the tip. Maybe you saw a short blonde head...that was me. Anyway if you'd like the photos email me at anne_all43@hotmail.com.

PartyGirl 43

CloserToKnowing said:
BTW...bonoinakilt..i remember the rose...you must have been right by me....(were you the one behind me? didn't catch exactly where it came from) I was the one in the UK hat

i wasnt behind you. because i was right in front on the rail, right near the little platform Bono steps out on (oh i so got to molest his leg when he did step out on it lol).
actually, i have that U2 security guard to thank. When they were sining Stuck, Bono was coming towards us and i was just holding my rose out there, and i was looking over to Edge but i caught the security guy's eyes and he nodded at me and im like "wtf? why are you nodding at me?" lol but he came and stood almost infront of me..and Bono walked right over to me and took it from me.
that poor rose went through hell. lol it was dying.
but the fact that he took it and i made eye contact with him..wow. lol im happy :drool:

still jealous my friend got a drum stick! lol

Back...

Sorry I didnt get to meet more of you, but as enggirl said, it was too cold to be social. It was nice and warm in our tents and not so much outside, so we just stayed there.

Sounds like everyone had a great time :)

Thanks everyone :D Some of the pictures I took are coming up shortly...

Eng Girl

Happy to hear you made it back to Dayton ok .... I had hit some snow on the way back last night about 1:00a.m.

It was rough only being in the GA line ten minutes tops :dancing:

Then again you were on the rail while I was about five rows behind you dead center.

partygirl43 said:

BonoInAKilt...I have awsome pictures so Bono taking the rose from you. My husband and I were on the inside of the elispe right on the tip. Maybe you saw a short blonde head...that was me. Anyway if you'd like the photos email me at anne_all43@hotmail.com.

PartyGirl 43

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol you just made me happy! i will email you right now! :hyper:
thanks!

I'm back too, awesome show! I don't want it to be over, I'm trying to do my best sad-puppy-dog looks to try to sway Karl to let me go to St. Louis :shifty: Though it would entail driving through the night on Tuesday and then again on Wed night after the show which could be dangerous :sigh:

I have about 19 pictures that didn't turn out too bad. Isn't it as simple as going to the tour photo page and uploading them? Each one is less than 2mb in size. Not going too well.

bonosloveslave said:
I'm back too, awesome show! I don't want it to be over, I'm trying to do my best sad-puppy-dog looks to try to sway Karl to let me go to St. Louis :shifty: Though it would entail driving through the night on Tuesday and then again on Wed night after the show which could be dangerous :sigh:

Beth....if you go....I would go with you....if I could find a GA ticket.....

enggirl said:
Hi All...

I just got home about an hour ago. I read all these posts and figured out who everyone was.

WE didn't get into the ellipse, but we got on the rail. These two loverly ladies (Andrea and Terry) were with us in line and we all grouped together at the rail...but because they were taller they stood behind my sister & I. I had a security guard's head in my Bono-line-of-sight for most of the show, but he was RIGHT THERE in front of me many, many times and got amazing pics!

Macfesto (James): I was pretty sure it was you when I was standing about a foot away from you (you looked like I remember from your pic--oh, and your girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous!), and now I know! Bono was looking at me and my sister when he held out those drumsticks, but boy you have a huuuuuge reach! :) No worries, tho! (Same for you, too, BonoInAKilt's friend!)
I met only a couple of you in line. Honestly, it was too frigging cold to be too social--I just wanted to stay huddled in my sleeping bag. That last couple hours, the last hour especially, waiting in line to go in was BRUTAL.

Miroslava--the second Bono got you on stage I turned to my sis and said "I 'Know' her!!"
Also met U2_Grace and atomicpink in line.

It was a great show...
and I'm completely exhausted.

talk to you all later...

Hey enggirl - glad to hear you got on the rail, along with Terry & Andrea. Sorry we couldn't take you in the elipse - Julie & Laura were right there with us, so we got them first and then they wouldn't let us take anymore. We felt badly - so I'm glad you ended up in a good spot. Was an amazing evening, huh?!

Well that was definitely the best night of my life. NOTHING beats GA at a U2 concert. I had a great spot too, right on the rail on Edge's side, toward the center. The band was in such a good mood!

Thanks Beverly, scarletwine, Laura, and all the other GA liners for making the 12 hour wait in the cold tolerable and even (gasp!) fun!! The show was worth evey minute I spent in line. I still can't believe I was there.

Got home this afternoon, have been visiting with family so haven't yet checked in. We had reserved seats, but I did manage to stop by the GA line and meet some people. Hope there were enough cookies for at least a few of you!

Miroslava and April and Casey and Linda and Rachel and everyone else I met yesterday and last night: it was so great to meet you! I'm sorry I was so tired and not as intelligible as I would have liked. Thanks for calling us to come and meet you at the place with the weird name; I would have hated not to have met you all. Also thanks for sharing your stories! I'm sorry about any names I have forgotten; I am incredibly tired, please forgive me!

I hope everyone got home safely. I'll check in again later. Can't believe it was my last show!

Kyra, it was great to meet you and your husband. :hug:

Seth, I wish I would have had more time to stay at the ETS party. We were told that there ws the possibility of doors opening at 5:30 so that set us into complete panic mode. :crazy:

Fairtrade, ditto. Wish I could have stayed around to talk... sorry... stress was really at maximum capacity :ohmy:

I just returned home everyone and I know you were rather anxious to find out what happened to my mom...I'm not atomicbono btw :wink:

Well we went into the first aid room and as soon as she got in the warmth she snapped out of it, but by the time they finished filling out paperwork and stuff GA was obviously ruined.

Well they gave us two options, not only did they give us our wrist band, but they also gave us seats in section C123, that's right, they GAVE us 160 orwhatever dollar tickets. So I saw QueenofOhio, and Dewey on the rail, you have no idea how much that killled me, but mom and I had a great time. We could see everything, they were awesome seats.

I kept waving at you two before the show started, btw, trying to show you where we were...you were too busy talking to the security guard. :sad:

As soon as I saw Miro get pulled up on stage I was like, no way...that's not her is it...that's can't be her...he's already talked to her once. Oh well, looked like you um...enjyed yourself :wink:

Bonoinakilt, I saw bono take the rose from you, I thought that was you but wasn't sure.

Also saw bono touch either dewey or Queenofohio's hand I think...:mad:

No I'm not mad...anyway mom was and is fine, and we got home safely...I absoultye loved the Rock Hall and my life is now complete now that a security guard took mom and I's picture in front of THE ZooTV sign. I talked about Zootv so much this weekend, mom made me go out and rent Sydney for her to watch tomorrow, since she's off work. It was funny how many people were at the Rock Hall, just to see U2 stuff, I swear, one girl was walking behind me and we were on like the third floor and finally she goes "I thought there was U2 stuff here" :lmao:

Ok, I think I'm just about done writing for now. Hope everyone was safe driving home and that everything's ok...Thank you all in the 40s and 50s of the GA line for making that such an amazing experience, all of you were really great.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom