Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is my last post as well, have to go finish getting stuff together and then im heading downtown to my hotel.

so. hard rock cafe tonight. i made reservations for like 12 or something..just in case ya know, at 8:20. so we'll be waiting to see if people show up and stuff.
so go there if you can, it'll be fun!

and ill be in line at 4 am!

wow. im so excited!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

becareful traveling, everyone!

I'm on my way home from work. I prolly won't be back on again, either...but I printed out the list from Page 1 so I can find everyone!
I'll be looking for those pink hats ;) :wave:
Safe driving everyone--and DON'T FORGET YOUR TICKETS!!!!
see y'all tomorrow!! :rockon:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :applaud:

Why am I listening to Coldplay to get hyped up for U2 :lol: I can't help it, it's a guilty pleasure, plus I woke up to Talk on the radio, except that version is way different than the version I downloaded yonks ago before the album was out...anyway...

My mom's gonna be here in an hour or so, then I'm off! I probably won't remember what you all look like so I may just show up around 6:00 AM or so and be like "so who here is from interference?" because, we're FROM Interference. It's our home planet. Edge is from Interference, too.

I can't believe I'm gonna see U2 tomorrow!!! :rockon:

Can you believe I just called to make sure the car rental place still had my reservation for tomorrow morning and I asked the guy does that 2006 Ford Taurus have a CD player in it ? He probably thought "No rama dama ding dong it has an 8 Track Player in it.":nerd:

Is it me or is this the longest day in my 36 years on planet earth ?

Club level seats are now being dropped... best seats dropped all week!!! Cross your fingers they'll drop GA!

Got my hand warmers/foot warmers at Dick's sporting goods $0.99 and about $2, respectively (I bought extras so see me when you get chilly tommorrow)

I also plan to be there at 4ish, I HATE waking up early so no difference between 4 and 6 for me

Company Christmas pary tonight, so no Hard Rock Cafe for me -- look forward to meeting you all tommorrow!

Laura

PS. I had a total breakdown at the end of my first U2 concert in '92 (wow that seems like a long time ago!)

deweyluvsu2 said:
PS. I had a total breakdown at the end of my first U2 concert in '92 (wow that seems like a long time ago!) [/B]

I did too. My roommate at the time didn't know what to do with me....

Especially looking forward to Miracle Drug and Yahweh(REALLY GOOD in Chicago) and I hope, Bad and Running to Stand Still

I wish for all who's going to Cleveland: have a great weekend!!!!!!! and safe travels!
not sure about up there by the lake, but its covered in snow down here. :)
:hug:

WE'RE HERE, WE'RE HERE! Had a nice drive, roads clear all the way t Cleveland. Although once we hit the corp. limit , they had two lanes on I-71/I-90 shut down due to ice.

Heading to the Hard Rock for dinner.

Mariott Key is not too bad.

I think I am the last one standing :blahblah:

My wife just left for a twelve hour shift at the local hospital here in Dayton

My four children and I are home and The Unforgettable Fire is blaring through my speakers

Ok I am just talking to myself ....... bored

The longest day

Vincent

JD Thanks for the good news I am glad you made it with no problems I will be behind you about seventeen hours as I am anticipating a noon arrival at The Gund.

I think I got everything I need for the trek

U2 CD's Tickets Money Directions

Yeahhh how are we supposed to get to 4 threads if everyone goes and actually does stuff??

Have a safe trip coming up here Vincent

JD - you still planning on being at the service entrance at 2??? I think I'll be there sometime around 3, in my yellow windpants and 20 layers of sweatshirts and jackets with a guitar bag and probably a sign--haha, kinda hard to miss

24 hours!!!! :hyper:

-Tim

Matt McGee just posted this:

U2's afternoon flight from Boston to Buffalo was delayed by about
three hours after a snowstorn closed Logan Airport temporarily. U2's
flight, which was due to leave at about 3:00 pm ET, didn't leave
until after 6:00 pm. It's scheduled to arrive in Buffalo at about
7:30 pm, about 90 minutes before U2 is due on stage for tonight's show.

Hey thanks Tim ...... I just put Rattle & Hum into the CD ROM I don't know if I will be able to even sleep tonight but I better try.

"Like a needle needs a vein ......"

Wait a minute here :huh: what were they doing in Boston ? The last show was in Hartford CT ?

I would think they would drive to Cleveland from Buffalo.

Man! I miss one day today and there are like 12 more pages here! Crazy talkers! :wink:

I'm leaving in a few hours... after I get packed... I'm so behind schedule. Ok, gotta get moving. See you all soon!!

Samantha

SethVincent said:
Wait a minute here :huh: what were they doing in Boston ? The last show was in Hartford CT ?

I would think they would drive to Cleveland from Buffalo.

They don't stay where they're performing. Usually, if there anywhere east of Illinois, they'll stay in NYC and fly in for each show. I guess they're staying in Boston at the moment. I thought I read they'd be staying in Chicago for the Cleveland show, but NYC makes the most sense since they have their own places there.

BEVERLY56 said:
Somebody told me it wouldnt be worth it, and if we had it inside the tent the fumes would make us sick. Ours is big and we'd have to lug a big propane tank (like for the grill). I could still bring it, my hubby could just drop it curbside.

I know this was a few pages back, but yes, using ANY size camping stove w/ any kind of fuel inside a tent will make you VERY sick. Plus, it's an extremely dangerous fire hazard b/c tent material and the waterproofing chemicals are extremely flamable (you don't have to necessarily hold a flame up to it for it to ignite...trust me, I've seen a campsite go up in flames before!).

For the Chicago shows, I used an old school two-burner Coleman that runs off blow torch propane. It was great to have food-wise, just don't take them near any tents!!!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I know this was a few pages back, but yes, using ANY size camping stove w/ any kind of fuel inside a tent will make you VERY sick. Plus, it's an extremely dangerous fire hazard b/c tent material and the waterproofing chemicals are extremely flamable (you don't have to necessarily hold a flame up to it for it to ignite...trust me, I've seen a campsite go up in flames before!).

As I mentioned before, the ONLY type of propane heater safe for use in a tent is a catalytic type heater.

LivLuv

So are you saying that tonight when Buffalo is finally concluded U2 will go to NY until tomorrow afternoon ? I thought Cleveland was only two hours from Buffalo ..... three tops.

Is it to far to drive from Dayton Ohio to Portland ? Mapquest says over 2,000 miles ..... :huh: Some guy just sent an email through of one GA Ticket available for Portland.

My wife :madwife: :reject: would have my head ....

Eleven hours until my two teenagers and I depart for Cleveland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dancing: :lock:

Holy crap kiddies, the hour is almost upon us! I think this ga line experience is gonna be just as memorable as the concert. Someone should bring a boombox so we can have obscure U2 song karoke. :whistle:

I'm totally geeking out. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom