Buenos Aires I Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only they could bring out more of it in songs like Beautiful Day, Elevation ect, where the lighting is rather bland/boring.

Agreed! I wish they'd do more. Maybe they don't want to overdo it. I suppose having spectacular stuff going on for every song would get a bit old, and this way you notice the lights more because it's a bit more spread out?

But even if they are taking that into consideration, they could stand to do more, particularly at the beginning of the show.

maybe when they rework it like on Zoo TV (on the first shows, they played it in the album key, then re-arrenged it to the LIVE version we all know), THEN it'll be absolutely mental angry

I was really last night, anyway :angry:

Agreed! I wish they'd do more. Maybe they don't want to overdo it. I suppose having spectacular stuff going on for every song would get a bit old, and this way you notice the lights more because it's a bit more spread out?

But even if they are taking that into consideration, they could stand to do more, particularly at the beginning of the show.

Well they pretty much have most songs down regarding the visual side to them, like Streets for example, or UTEOTW. But for like songs like IWF, Beautiful Day, Elevaton, it wouldn't hurt to add in more lighting for certain parts of the songs. For example, on the chorus of Beautiful Day, instead of having colourful changing lights, have bright orange lights that light up the stadium like they did on the Elevation tour. It adds that little bit more energy.

I'm not a huge rocker-type, but I gotta say, that performance of EBTTRT is pretty fucking awesome as an opener.

For whatever reason Edge only lets his slide work rip on the Horizon songs.(now Mag only?)

Bit difficult to hear on the video posted but he plays the slide solo at the very start of EBTTRT whilst the Whammy intro is looped over it.

Was at the show last night but haven't had the chance to post til now...When EBTTRT came on it took a few seconds to register, then by the end I was amazed by the epicness of that opening!

They've tweaked a bunch of songs (I think, anyway) by having some much more prominent keyboard in there (from Terry under the stage, presumably), dunno if it has been added or just way higher in the mix - it made things sound different, fresher. The whole band was en fuego. :combust: The pacing, both musically and visually, is so much more improved from when I last saw them in Vancouver a year and a half ago.

I was a bit anxious about a tightly packed field and getting thrown around a bit but it was actually quite spacious! Stood in front of the disabled seating platform and had a pretty much clear view and could dance myself! :) It was a great crowd, I attribute some of that to no alcohol at the show (which surprised me, in a good way). I am commuting from Buenos Aires - the buses they had to the show worked well, although traffic control was non-existent and it took over an hour to get through La Plata to the highway...didn't pull back into where I am staying in Recoleta until 2:30am. But I am glad to stay in Buenos Aires, even if that means I can't queue.

Looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve for Saturday. ;)

I like the way Edge played the slide solo OVER the whammy intro at the beginning of this version...

This debut makes me want Discotheque even more....think about this:

After Streets, the band leaves the stage and the lights go down. The space boy/alien video plays on the screen and then Bono walks onto the stage with the laser suit being the only lights that are on. That intro thing starts playing as it did on the PopMart encores....

He starts singing, "You can reach but you can't grab it. You can hold it, control it, you can't bag it. You can push, but you can't direct it....circulate, regulate, oh no, you cannot connect it....you know you're chewin' bubble gum, you know what that is but you still want some...you just can't get enough of that lovey-dovey stuff."

Then the EDGE, LARRY, ADAM blast in as the lights on the Claw explode and we have an awesome dance club like light show, sort of like EBTTRT.

"DISCOTHEQUE!!!!"

...anyway, that's how I've always imagined it on the Claw...

Imagine those "BOOMCHA!"'s.... :drool:

I just watched a bunch of clips on YouTube from different angles. This is by far the most powerful opener of 360. It gets the crowd going apeshit like it should.

Brilliant reworked version, brilliant work by Willie Williams.

Anyone notice that Edge almost started Stingray? lol

^ Because it's not available on any (fysical) record yet, I guess. And it's the first time most people hear the song in concert.

If anyone could post an mp3 of the bootleg version of EBTTRT that would be truly awesome :up:

I think Edge's new take on Real Thing is a bit.. unfortunate - I think his high notes in the chorus which he's changed were critical

Larry's new Real Thing is frickin AWESOME though!

Why does Bono still introduce North Star as a new song? It's been played since last July...

Because it has never been played or released in South America before?

It's not like every person in SA has already heard it... far from it!

Trojanchick, could I get that pm as well pretty pretty please? :flirt:

alive@33 said:
I think Edge's new take on Real Thing is a bit.. unfortunate - I think his high notes in the chorus which he's changed were critical

I actually really enjoyed edges new take, had it stuck in my head all day

I agree with Larry tearing it up.

Adam also kicked some ass

I kinda agree the Edge's part. It's awesome but it was missing some bite. Kinda like slightly flat soda :hmm:

It could be that the recordings I've listened to took some edge off? :wink:

I'm sure he'll turn it up for the next shows.

The way Bono sang the verse's I think was the weak link. The song came to a screeching halt and he was crooning it. He needs to have that energy like he does with Vertigo.

Overall fantastic

I agree with Larry tearing it up.

Adam also kicked some ass

I kinda agree the Edge's part. It's awesome but it was missing some bite. Kinda like slightly flat soda :hmm:

It could be that the recordings I've listened to took some edge off? :wink:

I'm sure he'll turn it up for the next shows.

The way Bono sang the verse's I think was the weak link. The song came to a screeching halt and he was crooning it. He needs to have that energy like he does with Vertigo.

Overall fantastic

It's a totally EPIC opener (especially with the way the claw explodes) but it would be perfection if Monsieur Evans just reintroduced the high notes to the chorus and ending.

But the claw has rarely looked as good (if ever - ok, End of the World still probably just has the edge [I love unintended puns] on it) as at the start and finish of this.

Real Thing starts @ 0:56 - if your computer can handle it, you can watch in 1080p! That takes a while to load though.

YouTube - U2 - 360 Tour La Plata Argentina [HD1080] 30.mar.2011 - Even Better Than The Real Thing / Intro

You're better off clicking the image and watching on Youtube so you can go fullscreen ;)

The Claw's best moment is COBL. Just sayin'.
Well, yeah, because you're totally not biased.

:wink:

I agree, COBL is one of the best "light show" moments on 360. My others are probably the Crazy Remix, UTEOTW, and The Unforgettable Fire (RIP).

Sorry I just realized something else about this opener! Know what this reminds me of? 1997:

Viva Sarajevo...

Fuck the past. Kiss the future!

VIVA SARAJEVO!!!

(Hysterical screaming)

Yeah I love when it goes white and the searchlights swamp the stadium.

But the world has never seen anything like the last 30 secs of End of the World. I saw it in person and thought my eyes were on fast forward, it's so fast :eek:

It totally is. And I still haven't forgiven the Rose Bowl DVD for not capturing the moment when the searchlights on top of the Claw shoot up into the sky on queue with the music.

Best Claw moment of the show, and the director ignored it.

Fuck that shit.

It totally is. And I still haven't forgiven the Rose Bowl DVD for not capturing the moment when the searchlights on top of the Claw shoot up into the sky on queue with the music.

Best Claw moment of the show, and the director ignored it.

Fuck that shit.

I have no memory of this moment. I guess I should look for some youtube clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom