BREATHE Appreciation - Discuss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The live performance was awesome, Edge looked like he was having a great time. "But I’m running down the road like loose electricity while the band in my head plays a striptease!" = Some of my favorite lyrics from Bono in recent years. :yes:

Man I am addicted to this song masterpiece!!!!!!!!! I think these are the best Bono lyrics(or one of the best):Every day I die again, and again I’m reborn
Every day I have to find the courage
To walk out into the street
With arms out
Got a love you can’t defeat
Neither down or out
There’s nothing you have that I need
I can breathe
Breathe now :applaud:

So simple,so uplifting,so optimistic,so beautiful and breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:

I CAN BREATHE!!!!!

So well that my asthma doesn't affect me when I try to sing that line...

The live performance was awesome, Edge looked like he was having a great time. "But I’m running down the road like loose electricity while the band in my head plays a striptease!" = Some of my favorite lyrics from Bono in recent years. :yes:

It really is a humorous image. Bono's character getting incredibly sick, hearing an inconclusive message from the doc, and walking home under his own power, stumbling around like loose electricity while in a feverish haze.

Loving this song right now - took a number of listens to really open up to it, but it is infectious - in a good way! Currently the Fav on the album - so many competing for the title, though.

Complex, strong lyrics and imagery, great guitar work, and an upbeat tone for these times (I love the 'courage to walk out, into the street' part...).

I like when he says "my house is fine......my pulse is fine." I'm sure your house is fine! :lol:

Hopefully he'll be more rehearsed for the concerts.

FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!!!!!!!!!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

I do miss a couple of bits though that were on the beach clips:
Where Bono sings 'and I feel al-riiight...'
And at the end where he is singing what sounds like: ayyy/dayyy over the top of the guitar. I always sing along even though it's not on the actual song now :( :reject:

I listened to the beach clip again and played it for a mate who is lead singer in his band.... He was shocked that they left out the Bridge section and the lyrical build up towards the end as much as i was...
I really hope they do the beach clip version live :)

Yeah that's the bit :D

Live versions are good but Eno was probably overhyping the song. The one song for me that is in the same place after several listens - I wish they'd add it to the Crazy/Boots/SUC part so the album could end with FEZ/WAS/Cedars.

oh and it's my 2nd fave on the album, after Magnificent :D

Same here!

I must admit that when I first heared it I was like :huh: Because it followed White as Snow, which I love :love:

But seeing it on Radio One's Live Lounge............MAN it is good :drool:

This thread needed to be bumped back to the first page, after the Letterman performance :drool::drool:

Easily my second favorite track on the album right now!!

I've said it in the misprint thread, quite recently, and I'll say it again (as I need clarification). Are the lyrics supposed to say "there are a few things you need to know" or "there's three things I need you to know"? He sings "three" on the album/cd/etc. but "few" during Letterman. I haven't cross checked with BBC. Anyone?

Does anyone agree that Breathe is the best song on this album?

Absolutely LOVING the new album, I don't understand why so many people are bashing it... It's unbelievably epic

Does anyone agree that Breathe is the best song? I can't stop listening to it and I'm surprised that of all the songs people seem to be liking, Breathe isn't being mentioned all that often... What do you guys think?

At first i thought Moment of Surrender was the best song on the album, but after listening to Breathe live and listening to the lyrics and the temp and the play of Breathe on the album, i think i have officially converted over. The chorus is rocking and the verses are wonderfully done by Bono. Also, the lyrics are touching and meaningufl and beautiful. I WANT....no NEED to see this live! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Absolutely LOVING the new album, I don't understand why so many people are bashing it... It's unbelievably epic

Does anyone agree that Breathe is the best song? I can't stop listening to it and I'm surprised that of all the songs people seem to be liking, Breathe isn't being mentioned all that often... What do you guys think?

Man ,dont worry about comments! New album is amazing...time will show us that this album is real masterpiece...I dont give a damn negative comments...u2 haters go away!

As I have been restricted to campus and don't get to use my car much, I finally listened to the new CD on the system in my car and...:drool: :drool: :drool: BREATHEEE

i thnk is Breathe is excellent
I have 3 more songs I love even more. (NLOTH/Magnifigant & UC)

I onlty was able to get the CD today so only have listened about 3 times so far but heard Breathe Letterman as well.

I think this album will go down as a masterpiece!:applaud:

I've said it in the misprint thread, quite recently, and I'll say it again (as I need clarification). Are the lyrics supposed to say "there are a few things you need to know" or "there's three things I need you to know"? He sings "three" on the album/cd/etc. but "few" during Letterman. I haven't cross checked with BBC. Anyone?

CD lyrics say "there's a few things i need you to know."

But...for the past month or so of listening to the leaked version, before i got the album package in the mail, i also thought he was saying "there's three things i need you to know" and then "three!" (you know, like the old dis: "I got three things to tell ya." and then you skip the first two because the person isn't worth it and go straight to three.)

Yeah, it's three for sure on the album, and I guess that three is the intended word... after all, that's what's on the actual song.

In the Rolling Stone article, it says there are completely alternative lyrics to Breathe (I'm assuming its the part where Bono is "talking" about the salesman, Chinese stocks, etc.) that were written about Nelson Mandela. Bono and Edge debated and decided to go with those that are on the album (described as "more surreal and personal"). Knowing it was originally written about Madiba makes me love this song even more!! I would love to hear the alternate version of this song. :drool:

Still am loving this song the best on the album. Live it just plain kicks ass!!:love:

i cannot understand why there isnt more love for this song...i think its one of U2's best songs ever....top 3 on album for me, maybe number 1....lyrics and vocal delivery are amazing, ditto for chorus, fantastic guitar work, throw some piano in there and you have yourself a classic

i love the song but the only thing that is a little annoying to me is the way edge sings the breeeeeeath with bono on the album version - it sounds better with bono going solo for those high notes like the way the play it live - does this annoy anyone else

Back
Top Bottom