Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the shoot though, that's the All Because Of You performance on the float they did through NYC...two totally separate occasions.

I always thought the footage for ABOY music video was indeed shot while riding around NYC on the flat-bed truck. Is there a different video you guys are talking about? Or i'm mistaken.

Yes , I' m talking about the same video filmed on the truck around NYC ..... Here I put a official picture of D&G 2138 .... the brown used in Portugal for the official Vertigo videoclip are the H49, I have this model and the code is right ...... but as said before gvox I agree that Bono wore also the H50, changing the shades in different moments of the video....

71273-albums284-picture2318.jpg

That's not the shoot though, that's the All Because Of You performance on the float they did through NYC...two totally separate occasions.

I always thought the footage for ABOY music video was indeed shot while riding around NYC on the flat-bed truck. Is there a different video you guys are talking about? Or i'm mistaken.

The original poster was talking about the VERTIGO video... not ABOY. I believe that's Gabe's oint here.

Yes , I' m talking about the same video filmed on the truck around NYC ..... Here I put a official picture of D&G 2138 .... the brown used in Portugal for the official Vertigo videoclip are the H49, I have this model and the code is right ...... but as said before gvox I agree that Bono wore also the H50, changing the shades in different moments of the video....

71273-albums284-picture2318.jpg

Wow I haven't see that in ages. My recall on the H49 was that they were brown/chocolate colored arms, and that's why I never got them. Are they, or are the arms chrome/silver? Because if silver, man they are sweet, and man am I a dummy for not getting them!! (wait - my guy never could get them, that's right..so I took two pairs the H50s and G35s because I had to take just two at the same time to get the price)

ETA: holy crap, I'm watching the video again, and I think there might actually even be 3 pairs in it: the G37s for sure, the H49s, and the H50s. Man!

Wow I haven't see that in ages. My recall on the H49 was that they were brown/chocolate colored arms, and that's why I never got them. Are they, or are the arms chrome/silver? Because if silver, man they are sweet, and man am I a dummy for not getting them!! (wait - my guy never could get them, that's right..so I took two pairs the H50s and G35s because I had to take just two at the same time to get the price)

ETA: holy crap, I'm watching the video again, and I think there might actually even be 3 pairs in it: the G37s for sure, the H49s, and the H50s. Man!
Hi gvox,
the arms of the H49 are bronze , in the next days I will put some pictures of the D&G H49 ....

Marik , there are some black DG' s D23 on ebay right now, that is if you fancy the black model.

Hi Friends,
here is a list of my Bono sunglasses for sale ,

D&G 2138 D23 (black)
D&G 2138 G37
D&G 2138 G35
D&G 2138 G49
EA 9285 6L0
Romeo Gigli 226 Brown-gold rims
Romeo Gigli 226 Orange-gold rims
Romeo Gigli 226 Orange-silver rims
EXTE' ex7/s Light Blue-silver arms ( the model like the elevation single cover with different color )
BVLGARI 625 Clear lense
email me for price and pictures
sigma23@libero.it
:wave:

325205-hamish-and-andy-farewell-show.jpg

Someone has some new custom colors...:drool: Damn you Bono!

hamishandymelbourne112-3-2010.jpg

HA-20101203-Gallery-1606-600x400.jpg

I must say I'm digging that deep red colour.

Bvlgari 8025 it is, but i dont know what colour it is on the lens. It seems more see trough than the lenses that you can buy.

The 1st model ? It is darker becuase Bono's wearing a model with brown lenses and black temples, these are black,

the 6th model however is the same as Bono wears during the encore.

Bvlgari 8025`s

Hi there!

Can anyone help me please!

I know Bono is currently wearing Bvlgari 8025`s but i do not know the colour number!
I recently received a pair from a seller on e-bay, but i am returning them as they are not the right ones. Not the sellers fault, from the picture i thought they were the same as Bono`s.
His look like they are black frames but not shiny, with a light grey lens. The ones i received had shiny black frames, and the lens was dark at the top them gradually got lighter.

If someone knows the exact colour number of Bono`s i would really appreciate it. Once i know i can look for them elsewhere.

Thanks,
Mikie.

His are similar, but the glass is light brownish/salmon. Bit like option five, but more see through. So I guess there is no "right" pair.

Here you can see how see through they really are:
bonoderphannover1208.jpg

bonosmileeyesclosed.jpg

And the encore pair, which seem to be option 6:
bonochestpuff.jpg

bonotshirtfrankfurt.jpg

His are similar, but the glass is light brownish/salmon. Bit like option five, but more see through. So I guess there is no "right" pair.

Here you can see how see through they really are:
bonoderphannover1208.jpg

bonosmileeyesclosed.jpg

Been wrong before but the more I look at the stock photos the more I believe Bono's aren't necessarily custom. Look at this photo again:

278_33.jpg

In every one of those pairs there is a dark object reflected in the lens. In the 901/8Gs and 966/8Gs it actually makes the lens appear darker than it really is, and makes them appear like they have a gradient.. but I don't think the 901/8Gs really do have much of a gradient (does anyone have these)..in which case if they don't, they are mostly clear. Almost clear lenses shot with stage lights with Bono's skin in behind them are going to look salmonish in color depending on the lighting. If you look at the hi res photos that guy took in Paris, they also appear to have blue and other tints also...which would coincide with them being mostly clear and being affected by whatever the lighting at the moment, Bono's skin tone, etc.

That second photo you posted GaleonGirl could very easily be the 901/8Gs.

Look at these, they look more clear ie the 901/Gs than brown or anything else really:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/5006764490/in/set-72157624862698699/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/5012611841/in/set-72157624862698699/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/5012612203/in/set-72157624862698699/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/5012612979/in/set-72157624862698699/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/5012615307/in/set-72157624862698699/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/5012617905/in/set-72157624862698699/

We went thru this recently with the 9592s. Everyone swore there was a custom salmon color exclusively for Bono...then they got their 011/6Ts or whatever, and realized how salmonish they look on your face. But up against a piece of white paper? They look positively reddish pink.

I think the same thing is happening here, folks.

Seem the same as the stage ones to me.

Which in fact I think proves my point. In the stage light wash, those would look much clearer. In a darker setting, they get darker, ie the 901/8Gs...also, did you notice the stock "Bulgari" sticker across the lens? That's what they get shipped with, and you take it off...Bono must've had to get someone to get him a pair and forgotten to take it off! Funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom