Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gradient on the 901/8Gs is VERY slight, that's my point, and it might only be detectable when up against a totally white background. There's no way the ones in that club are the solid gray, that color goes almost black in real life, I saw them at the shop in person and they are dark.

Here's some pics that might interest, see if you can guess which colorways each are ;)

8025-9018g.jpg

BV_8025_901_8G.jpg

DSCF1541.JPG

8025-9718g.jpg

278_33.jpg

tyyI.jpg

bulgari4a.jpg

PB260052.jpg

5561_P_1249969298573.jpg

8025-9018g-2.jpg

Wait...PINK lenses???!! ;)

Another example:

8025-9718g-2.jpg

Bono_Bvlgari8025.jpg

The lenses on ones with the red arms are positively solid black on stage, but they sure aren't against a white sheet in a stock photo, they're gray to clear gradient.

Also check out how different the clear ones he's wearing look in those two smaller pics..yet they are the same glasses.

:shrug:

Another stock list:

bv8025.jpg

In addition to the colors noted above, there are also at least the following colors not shown:

945/6H (chocolate/brown)

960/13 (wine/red)

and also a full black on black pair (unless it's reallly weird lighting)

You remember the flash bronze/gray faded 519s with the black arms? I have pics of them on me in various lighting conditions. Depending on the light, they looked all light brown with no hint of a gradient, sortof gray, almost completely clear with no gradient (actually on stage almost frequently this way), reflective flash full or partial, etc..they never looked exactly like the stock photos, usually much much better.

It's the great thing about higher end lenses with a quality tint...I don't know if it's deliberate or not but many of them especially Bulgaris have something about them...whereas cheap glasses always give you the same color pretty much, nice ones have subtleties in them that come out in different lighting.

The gradient on the 901/8Gs is VERY slight, that's my point, and it might only be detectable when up against a totally white background. There's no way the ones in that club are the solid gray, that color goes almost black in real life, I saw them at the shop in person and they are dark.

Here's some pics that might interest, see if you can guess which colorways each are ;)

8025-9018g.jpg

BV_8025_901_8G.jpg

DSCF1541.JPG

8025-9718g.jpg

278_33.jpg

tyyI.jpg

bulgari4a.jpg

PB260052.jpg

5561_P_1249969298573.jpg

8025-9018g-2.jpg

Wait...PINK lenses???!! ;)

Okay, U may b right, based on these pics. Where the F*CK did U find those other colors, though?!?!

His are similar, but the glass is light brownish/salmon. Bit like option five, but more see through. So I guess there is no "right" pair.

Here you can see how see through they really are:
bonoderphannover1208.jpg

bonosmileeyesclosed.jpg

And the encore pair, which seem to be option 6:
bonochestpuff.jpg

bonotshirtfrankfurt.jpg
Thank you for all the input.

From seeing that close up pic of Bono it seems that he`s wearing option 1, so that`s probably the one i`ll go for!
Also, do you or anyone else on here know much about Vision Direct here in Australia? They have them for sale on their site, but i have never ordered from them before and just want to make sure they are legit before i do so!
I see them advertised on here sometimes, so i`m thinking they might be ok.

Many thanks!
Mikie.

P.S.
Would love to get a belt like his with the star on it...he he, but i`m pretty sure all his stage clothing is custom made! Unless it`s from Edun??

U2mikie: I just noticed something you wrote:

I recently received a pair from a seller on e-bay, but i am returning them as they are not the right ones.

The ones i received had shiny black frames, and the lens was dark at the top them gradually got lighter.

You could likely help clear up alot of the mystery here! Can you take a look at the arms, and tell us the color code? It should start with a 9. You said they had shiny arms, started darker and then gradually got lighter :hmm:

Even better, if you can take a picture of them before you send them back, that would be great also!

You might just prove everything I said wrong! :wink:

ETA: Where is that "honey" guy/gal anyways? Didn't they receive a pair of the option 1 732/87s? Maybe they can post a pic or two, wearing them, or with a dark background ie not a white sheet of paper with bright light on it ;)

:whistle:

T1zp8uXk4mXXXb86UW_023940.jpg

DSC06821.JPG

DSC06823.JPG

Holy shit, these are awesome. 8025 965/88 How Bono isn't wearing these yet, or with matte black arms, is nuts. :drool:

Something funny tho...notice how all the arms above look translucent green?

Add the stock Bvlgari cleaning cloth to the pic, and look what color they look now?

DSC06824.JPG

That's likely why they look nothing like that in the stock composite..they're sitting beside a pair with red arms so it's likely reflecting red onto them and making them look different. Man this model is confusing.

Much as I really love some of the colors, especially the green and red that he's not wearing, I hope he comes with a new model next leg. None of these are available for purchase anymore, they're from 2008, so time to move on imo.

I know! But you'd never have known they looked like that by looking at the original stock composite photo (color 965/88):

bv8025.jpg

:lol: Crazy! They must've reissued as a different color, I don't even know how to explain that one!

Wait , those ARE... those? :lmao:
No , I didn't even match that , I was going to ask you where the hell they came from.
But nevermind :tongue: Thanks , I might order some 2 of these babies,
I like them very much.

Wait , those ARE... those? :lmao:
No , I didn't even match that , I was going to ask you where the hell they came from.
But nevermind :tongue: Thanks , I might order some 2 of these babies,
I like them very much.

Be very careful, do some additional research. Apparently that color code is now reissued to mean "Purple/Champagne" and so probably closer to that stock photo ie not very green/translucent green at all.

If you can find a legit place selling those green ones, however, LET ME KNOW!! ;)

Turqoise... which is blue green... :shrug: The ones you posted..

Hmm...adjust your monitor, yo. ;)

Nah seriously more on the green side to these eyes :nerd:

whatever they are, they're niiice..can't even imagine why he's wearing those red ones with those to choose from..which makes me believe that these truly are all out of stock, and the wine lens ones also :sad:

Be very careful, do some additional research. Apparently that color code is now reissued to mean "Purple/Champagne" and so probably closer to that stock photo ie not very green/translucent green at all.

If you can find a legit place selling those green ones, however, LET ME KNOW!! ;)

I better get my ass on the chinese market. The 178bao pic is chinese.
But the site has vanished.
Oh how I always want the shades that are hard to find :waiting:

The green hue is partly from the camera/lighting , look at the white paper in the background , normally that shouldn't be green like that.
It usually indicates the use of a cheap camera or phone cam.

The mirror effect on the lenses are making it look so good tough.

It usually indicates the use of a cheap camera or phone cam.

Look at the pics again, I think it's a pretty good camera he's using, you can clearly see it. ;)

I think they are actually green/reflective, similar to the DG 2138s I have:

SDC10921.jpg

They're definitely not the same color as the ones in the stock composite that are marked 965/88...a white piece of paper isn't going to turn "purple" to "green" ;)

There is another Asian site that has these listed as available..when you do the conversion it's about $240-250 USD. But honestly, no other retailer lists these as in stock. So am not sure how much I trust them. Out of my price range, anyways. :shrug:

U2mikie: I just noticed something you wrote:

You could likely help clear up alot of the mystery here! Can you take a look at the arms, and tell us the color code? It should start with a 9. You said they had shiny arms, started darker and then gradually got lighter :hmm:

Even better, if you can take a picture of them before you send them back, that would be great also!

You might just prove everything I said wrong! :wink:

ETA: Where is that "honey" guy/gal anyways? Didn't they receive a pair of the option 1 732/87s? Maybe they can post a pic or two, wearing them, or with a dark background ie not a white sheet of paper with bright light on it ;)
Yeah sure!

They are 901/8G, am about to send them back!

Do you agree with me that he`s wearing the ones with the matte black arms? Or do you think they are the grey arms? I just think from all his pics that they look too dark to be the grey ones.
I`m just being paranoid before i order again...he he!

Mikie.

u2mikie said:
Yeah sure!

They are 901/8G, am about to send them back!

Do you agree with me that he`s wearing the ones with the matte black arms? Or do you think they are the grey arms? I just think from all his pics that they look too dark to be the grey ones.
I`m just being paranoid before i order again...he he!

Mikie.

Can U post a pic?

gvox said:
Look at the pics again, I think it's a pretty good camera he's using, you can clearly see it. ;)

I think they are actually green/reflective, similar to the DG 2138s I have:

They're definitely not the same color as the ones in the stock composite that are marked 965/88...a white piece of paper isn't going to turn "purple" to "green" ;)

There is another Asian site that has these listed as available..when you do the conversion it's about $240-250 USD. But honestly, no other retailer lists these as in stock. So am not sure how much I trust them. Out of my price range, anyways. :shrug:

Guess I'm a bit spoiled becuase I have an SLR :wink:
Hmm green or gunmetal/silver reflecting lenses.
They are expensive, and way out if my price range as well,
I would never order anything that's not in stock from any Asian site, so I guess we are stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom