All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn! Just reading all the Boston line stuff! It is batshit crazy! I knew they had started the line yesterday from all the posts. It is so stupid to be lining up so early for this show! :huh:

This guy Nate was the person who posted the pic I saw on Twitter. I tried pinging him to see if he could help earlier, but no response. (Granted, he just may not be on Twitter every 10 minutes today, but my suspicion is that the list-runners are just not making any effort to help people find the line.)

He did reply just a few minutes ago, BTW, so that's cool. Thank you, sir. Sharing so others can see if needed. And I don't know that he's running the line, so I'm sorry my previous post implies that. But still - PUT UP SIGNS, LINE RUNNERS!

[TWEET]619310118828642304[/TWEET]

It was nutty ten years ago, and I cannot claim to not have participated in the nuttiness. But back then, the nuttiness was show up the night before, maybe around 10:00, 11:00 pm. Put your name on the list. Get your number. Set your tent up. Say hi to people around you. Try to get some sleep and then hurry up and wait the next day for the doors to open. None of this get on a list (if you can find it) DAYS before and check in every once in a while.
Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
THIS!!! Run to the bathroom, grab some quick food for you and your neighbors, but otherwise, park your ass in line.

I'm starting a GoFundMe page. If I can raise 40 dollars I'll go find the MSG list and take a dump on it.

Be sure to eat corn first.

40bucks.jpg

Guys, I've hidden 50 fake lists and one real one. The first to find the real one gets to be brought on stage to play a capella Passengers tracks with Larry.

#u2geocaching

U2 GA Superhero ... fixing Boston GA lines from Seattle since 2015. :up:

Considering he and his friends started the line yesterday and kept it secret until tonight, I think he's hardly a superhero. :|

Still, you're awesome Cori for making him at least put up a sign. :applaud:

Oh, it will be worse.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

You'll get the same 20-30 people who are at a lot of the shows (a lot of whom are actually local to NYC...) and then the rest of the line will actually be later forming than everywhere else (at least in my experience - which is a lot ;) ) And if the MSG chases them away for being so early, there really is nowhere close by where they can go and have an alternate line...

There are 2. Yes 2 people checking people in. Issue is it is nowhere near box office or where box office says line up is.

Wow. This again? Maybe Bono should start plucking people onto stage only from 3 or more deep. I think THAT is the problem...this time around every show at least one person is getting pulled up and it's making people insane. Just my 1.5 cents.

So the email from the venue says there are numbered wristbands given out at 8 am for the day's show, check in and lineup and five and doors opening at 6. Are all of these crazies waiting overnight on the street for 8 am?

So after getting wristbands, one of the guys "running the list" he had number 7 on his hand, is coming through the line and saying..."even though Garden staff says to return at 5 to line up, come back at 4:00 to the spot where we originally lined up" (the spot under the bridge I assume).

I mean, the venue has a handle on this, the wristbands are numbered, why do these folks feel they need/have a right to take further control at this point. You can be quite sure I am returning at 5:00, not 4:00 and going to the entrance and reclaiming my spot as #130 in the line.

What in the world. "Give" someone a little power and they go mad with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom