All Purpose Pre-Show Lineup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This again? Maybe Bono should start plucking people onto stage only from 3 or more deep. I think THAT is the problem...this time around every show at least one person is getting pulled up and it's making people insane. Just my 1.5 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
I LOVE this idea! I hurt my eye so I have to wear my glasses. Does he like girls with glasses? If not, I can take them off and suddenly be beautiful like that teen movie trope. And then I will get on stage and Bono will cure my blindness with one touch. It's the perfect plan!

Oh my god. That is the cheesiest wristband ever. But totally worth the ease of access!

Wow. This again? Maybe Bono should start plucking people onto stage only from 3 or more deep. I think THAT is the problem...this time around every show at least one person is getting pulled up and it's making people insane. Just my 1.5 cents.

I could be wrong but when I was watching periscope it looked to me that neither Mrs. Edge nor GG were right on the rail but maybe a person or two back? I think Julia in Chicago was also a couple of people back?

Still, the e stage appears to be the go to spot for lots of people on this tour whether on the rail or not.

I can't speak for others, but I want to be on the e-stage rail because there's so much action there and on the catwalk. I would likely drop and break the iPhone if I had to meerkat. :lol:

Myself, weinerdog, and his lovely wife are #'s 83-85. :D It's my first show in almost six years and it's coming after an emotionally draining week. I so need this distraction and emotional release.

I can't speak for others, but I want to be on the e-stage rail because there's so much action there and on the catwalk. I would likely drop and break the iPhone if I had to meerkat. :lol:

Myself, weinerdog, and his lovely wife are #'s 83-85. :D It's my first show in almost six years and it's coming after an emotionally draining week. I so need this distraction and emotional release.

Not judging. :) Just an observation that the crazies that "line up" for days in advance, show after show, are typically doing so for the chance to be on the e stage versus when us crazies use to line up say during Vertigo for the main stage.

You'll get the same 20-30 people who are at a lot of the shows (a lot of whom are actually local to NYC...) and then the rest of the line will actually be later forming than everywhere else (at least in my experience - which is a lot ;) ) And if the MSG chases them away for being so early, there really is nowhere close by where they can go and have an alternate line...

Meh... they could easily go downstairs to Penn Station and pretend they're waiting for a train that just never comes.

Bono pulling people on stage has no bearing on the lines, honestly. The line BS would be going on even if there were no fan interaction. It just means that people are more likely to head to the e-stage. (Or because they could see more of what's going on through the whole show, as opposed to being on the main stage, in which case all you see is what's on the main stage.)

I have never been on the floor early enough to figure it out with 100% certainty, but based upon the familiar faces I have seen around the e-stage, that is certainly my impression.

I can't blame 'em. It's a great spot to be. If I were a liner-upper, that would be my prime spot, too.

You are so tall you will be fine anywhere. The disco-turban will make you super noticeable. And then, if you raise the baby up over your head, Bono will see him and you can just throw him that-away. Though not to Bono. He probably can't catch worth a crap. Maybe Larry? :hmm:

You don't have to get there all that early to be within a person or two of the rail. Seriously.

I don't know if NYC will be super crazy with the lining up, but in Phoenix, I had a high wristband number (got the wristband at 1, came back later) and could have had my pick of almost anywhere on the floor as a "one head in front of me" spot.

I was considering getting there somewhat early to one of the shows I'm attending with the intention of getting a railspot, or within a person or two of the rail... somewhere? But the more I think of it I think I'd rather spend that time in the bar.

You will be able to get rail or one or two off the rail without problem. :yes:

Have people been running to the e stage first now?

not really, at least not right away…I've had three GA between Chicago and Toronto and it's a mix between both stages. The catwalk is the last to fill up and honestly the best place to be. If you're at either stage you're only going to see the part of the show that's in front of you. But you can lean down the rail to see either stage plus have front row view of the band when they walk back and forth. It seemed to me that from the two cities I went to both the first night's show there were more people rushing to the main stage. I figure those are the people who don't hang out in places like this website to get advanced info on how the show is configured. The second night more people go to the e stage. But I went to the catwalk all 3 times and have a great time each time. The only people that are going immediately to the north side of the e stage are people that want to get a chance to get up on stage. I could see from my seat in Toronto on Monday that the north side was packed by the e stage while the south side was virtually empty within the first hour that GA was let in.

I mean heck, I could have easily stood behind Miro (who was on the rail) in Phoenix even about an hour* after the doors opened. I just decided I didn't want to stand behind someone so tall. ( :angry: )

(*I think it was about that long before we realized we were standing, like, 20 feet from each other! :lol: )

not really, at least not right away…I've had three GA between Chicago and Toronto and it's a mix between both stages. The catwalk is the last to fill up and honestly the best place to be. If you're at either stage you're only going to see the part of the show that's in front of you. But you can lean down the rail to see either stage plus have front row view of the band when they walk back and forth. It seemed to me that from the two cities I went to both the first night's show there were more people rushing to the main stage. I figure those are the people who don't hang out in places like this website to get advanced info on how the show is configured. The second night more people go to the e stage. But I went to the catwalk all 3 times and have a great time each time. The only people that are going immediately to the north side of the e stage are people that want to get a chance to get up on stage. I could see from my seat in Toronto on Monday that the north side was packed by the e stage while the south side was virtually empty within the first hour that GA was let in.

:up:

Toronto really seems to have been the exception - GA looked weirdly empty for quite some time before the show started (and still had room for some folks to run around easily during the show). From what I saw/heard online anyway.

Basing on my experience in Phoenix, if you strolled in at 7:45, you probably would have been 4-5 back from the catwalk rail. The stages were more crowded, I think.

I wouldn't cut it that close if I were really gunning for a close spot. BUT THAT'S JUST ME. I mean, I'm a worry-wart in general. :wink:

Basing on my experience in Phoenix, if you strolled in at 7:45, you probably would have been 4-5 back from the catwalk rail. The stages were more crowded, I think.

I wouldn't cut it that close if I were really gunning for a close spot.

:up:

Got it.

4/5 people back is pretty good in it's own right, considering as most of them will be shorter than me.

Decisions decisions.

Thankfully I'm not going till the third MSG show so I'll have a good idea what to expect.

I really hope they do wristband lineups. I still couldn't get their early on Wednesday cause I have to pick my son up from highway robbery day care. But Thursday on the other hand :hmm:

Toronto really seems to have been the exception - GA looked weirdly empty for quite some time before the show started (and still had room for some folks to run around easily during the show). From what I saw/heard online anyway.

I can't speak for Toronto 2 because I was in GA on the rail so I don't know exactly what was behind me. But for night one, yes definitely empty but only on the south side. Everyone wanted north side. There was a crazy mix up where some of the wrist band people told everyone that Edge's side was north and Adam's was south. So some people that wanted Edge's side ended up on Adam's side. The mix up happened after the bulk of the of people with numbers were already in.

But in terms on getting my rail spot for Chicago and Toronto, it went the same way. Everyone ran to either stage first while the catwalk was the last to fill up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom