Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what dazz is gonna do....

.....while I have net connection I'm going to listen to all this great YT U2 concerts I didn't have acess to before while my outdated laptop browser can suddenly suprisingly give me in a small or YT'd up to blurryish full-screen vids that usually actually play :ohmy::hyper:and not just give jerky stills and Enjoy :happy: them.

And figure out just which cable connector I need to buy ( yoo hoo Radio Shack) send the signal from my computer eaerbud connector through my DVD/CD player -which already can be hooked into my TV) so I can really see them with looking at the puter all the time. And betgter sound (somewhat :lol:)

I'm going to listen to some of the recording and concert vids people have been people been putting up on Random MUsic....

Listen to my great university (well not my uni/college) station to hear more interesting/good/great music...ah yes they were still playing Invisible as of 2 weeks back...but haven't turned on the radio since...

And HOPE that later Spring, & This summer catch some other "older", reccentish and new bands I like for free or be able to be free by sitting outside open air venues! :hyper:

:sad:The only problem with that in the past 5 yrs has been that several bands I wanted to see were playing outdoors in the day when it was like :yikes: 93F° - 98F°+ with High :crack: Humidity (not even factored in) /33.3C° - 36.6+C°.

I can only try the higher/highest temps when I'm rested and have had some A/C available in th days before. WHile I've sometimes to mostly have the A/C esp at night ....well - rested is heh, more problematic. Much of it my own damn fault ( working on it)

Anyway I hope they'll be some realtively cooler ( 80F - 88F) than those days and some eve/night shows as well.

Thnking like Summer Stage - The National whom I heard like 6 yrs ago.

ANd will keep my eyes/ears open for when U2 does put out their next new album :D while sipping cooling & yummy drinks or eating ice cream (well maybe not ice cream if the heat isn't too good in my apt in NOV :lol: :|)

BUT bascially I'll be kinda chilling as to when thry will get this recoding out :)

By the time U2 release something they will be so irrelevant that they'll spin it as though they're an indie act to garner new fans. And then they'll play smaller venues to win over the hipster crowd.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: not the worst idea. :lol:

Only wishes then :sad: that The Bottom Lne STILL existed or had been re-done elsewhere ( after the two co-founders around ? 3 yrs ago said the3y were looking to rebuild a new BL.... oneof them died about ? a yr or so later :sigh: )

Adam said this regarding the album:

Yeah. I can't say when we're gonna be releasing it, but I can say we're hoping to have it finished before the end of the summer, which would be great. We're very excited about it, and we also want to get it out as quickly as possible. But I don't want to pre-empt anything until I know it's actually finished.

Obviously, he could be lying through his teeth, but that doesn't sound like something that he'd say if there were no album on the horizon

My question is....when the hell did Mercy make an album? :lol:

I wish I still had my demo version though. Sadly that got lost in a PC crash. :doh:

It has been released as part of the Wide Awake in Europe vinyl.

Gee, if only there was some website that shows music videos where one could rip the mp3 off...... shame that hasn't existed in the past 10 years or so..

:slant: man, you're an awfully cranky fan.....

and if you're sort of verbatum of wolb, mikal- you're just as cranky.

ABTW.... just so you know.....
I've been interested in this band since Mid-Fall 1980 AND became a Fan by Spring 1981.........
so I got decades of musical & emotional investment too :)

but you know what I'm going to do......

Well, you are true. But you can't deny it ' s ridiculous that the band since 2010 has been saying there would be an album in that near future. And that happened a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

:shrug: Ridiculous is more getting angry that there's no new album yet while the band 'said' so, while there's nothing you can do to change it... waste of energy if you ask me. Might as well not get worked up and we'll see the album when it's there..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read it Adam said that recording was coming to an end and that hopefully the album would be finished by the end of summer. As in mixed, mastered, all done, ready to go. I know he did say hopefully in all of that, so bucket of salt time. But he didn't say that recording would be finished by the end of summer. It would be the album finished by the end of summer. So possibly the recording phase could be wrapped up in the next month or so.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read it Adam said that recording was coming to an end and that hopefully the album would be finished by the end of summer. As in mixed, mastered, all done, ready to go. I know he did say hopefully in all of that, so bucket of salt time. But he didn't say that recording would be finished by the end of summer. It would be the album finished by the end of summer. So possibly the recording phase could be wrapped up in the next month or so.

Depends if they are mixing each track as it's finished or all at the end. Edge did say back in February they had 6 or 7 tracks mixed and ready to go.
The mastering itself does not take long. That could be done in a day.

Obviously it means Larry's been kicked out of the band because his name isn't hashtagged in the tweet.

They are a friend of that Garry Paul guy whose tweets we were talking about last year.... "Brat". He knows the band apparently.

Still, given Adam's comments today this is definitely not album related.

They are a friend of that Garry Paul guy whose tweets we were talking about last year.... "Brat". He knows the band apparently.

Still, given Adam's comments today this is definitely not album related.

Could be a single. :hmm: And depending on how you want to interpret Ad's comments, the recording is done/close to it. Mastering/mixing can be done in a day or two. Especially if they already mastered the "six or seven" that Edge talked about back when they were on Fallon.

Could be a single. :hmm: And depending on how you want to interpret Ad's comments, the recording is done/close to it. Mastering/mixing can be done in a day or two. Especially if they already mastered the "six or seven" that Edge talked about back when they were on Fallon.

Not impossible but unlikely.
We've got another interview with Adam Friday Dublin time to look forward to. Let's see if he spills more beans.

Charlie-Brown-Thanksgiving.jpg

more from Adam

Clayton, 54, admitted U2 had been going through an adjustment period since the departure of long-term manager Paul McGuinness.

He stepped down last November after 30 years working with the band.

Clayton said: “It’s a change. Paul was with us for a long time and he was a very important part of the success.

“But now we’re under new management and available for weddings, bar mitzvahs or anything!”

The rocker also brushed aside claims U2 had been struggling with work on the follow-up to 2009’s No Line On the Horizon. Clayton joked: “We’ve been in counselling and we think we know what we’re doing.”

U2 aim to have new album on horizon by end of the year says Adam Clayton - Irish Mirror Online

Please. No more Billboard sources bullshit fighting. That horse died a long time ago.

None until this is released. If its post dec 31 then some will say how prescient it was and how the rest of us need to get real. If the album does get released this year then I am going to have some shit to say about that. In my ten years here that and the fisher chronicles was pretty much as low as a much-more-intelligent-than-average online forum has gotten (missed the fake edge bit).
As to the album, so far I was very very sceptical of the two-album theory especially after the songs of ascent fiasco. But a thought just occured to me. I allowed myself to be unjustifiably optimistic (latin for stupid perhaps) and thought what if U2 are acutely aware of the SOA fiasco too. Maybe this time, because of the tons of material they must have garnered over the past five years, they have decided to finish two albums before they release the first one. Maybe they realised that they could not manage to get together and record and mix satisfactorily once the post-release hoopla and then the tour starts. I know that they did zooropa while on tour but that was a band at its peak and this is one in their twilight years. Now if they finish both before releasing the first then they can release the second during the tour when the buzz is at its highest. In that scenario they could also put in some 'experimental' tracks in the second one.
wildly optimistic? Maybe. Just dreaming out loud.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom