Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can just link us to your Photobucket account.

No. The beauty of Cori's gif use is her unerring sense of timing.

BTW, I can see YT links as fully embedded all the time. Could it make a difference what browser you are using? I'm in Firefox.

"A lot of recording" happening lately

"Getting near the end"

"Hope to have it done before the end of the summer"

Of course. Then it will be hopefully before the end of this year. And so on. It will be a very busy summer and winter. Go and retire.

This kind of promises make me sick after all those years.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

What promises? Did they give you a release date?

Of course. Then it will be hopefully before the end of this year. And so on. It will be a very busy summer and winter. Go and retire.

This kind of promises make me sick after all those years.

:up:

Looks like an Oct/Nov release with tour early next year which, at this point, is what most people are expecting so there's no disappointment from this.
Good to hear Adam say that they are "coming to the end" of recording.

What promises? Did they give you a release date?

No. They promised us an album several times! I think you know that? Or are you here the first time?

They've been coming to the end for 4 years now. :wink:

Maybe they're just sitting there staring at the mixing desk and saying to each other 'yeah, I think we're really close to finishing.'

The best part was him saying they're coming to an end.

But everything else. Just typical band speak. I don't believe they are excited about it.....or they wouldn't have gone back to record more.

If there truly has been "a LOT of recording" I wonder if any of Dangermouse's work is still going to be on this album.
Or if he even knows...

At least Adam gave us a rough time frame. Bono would have just said it will be done when it's done.

HOPEFULLY be done by the END OF SUMMER??

What if HOPEFULLY turns into PROBABLY NOT? Early 2015 release just got a little more real.

No. They promised us an album several times! I think you know that? Or are you here the first time?

I don't consider anything said in an interview a "promise", until there's official press release or release date there is no promise.

Atleast we got something in regards to news and will be nice to get this 2nd album done so they can release the DM material this year and this one next year mid tour. ; tongue in cheek, but that would be the dream scenario!

Wow, I get the frustration by some but it is just an album. AND they are clearly working on it. Could be worse, could be no activity and a retirement announcement. Maybe that will happen but clearly right now that is not the plan. Things are taking longer than they anticipated. I still think there will be an album......at some point and one more tour. Enjoy this ride when it happens because I think this "might" be it.

And I think the boys have been pulling a fast one on us and this is truly that 2nd album!

Yeah I've been thinking 2 albums since Bono let that cat out of the bag at the Oscars.

I was originally hoping for two separate releases, but I'll gladly take a double release in June/July!

And thank GOD that it was Adam who did the talking. He's usually reliable. Bono lies, of course. :wink:

We are not getting an album, let alone TWO by July.

If we get something this year, expect august or September for a single with album in the October November December months

Wow, I get the frustration by some but it is just an album. AND they are clearly working on it. Could be worse, could be no activity and a retirement announcement. Maybe that will happen but clearly right now that is not the plan. Things are taking longer than they anticipated. I still think there will be an album......at some point and one more tour. Enjoy this ride when it happens because I think this "might" be it.

Depending on whether this is successful or not I think they will be reevaluating things a la REM, especially if there's so much material released like 2 albums plus b-sides.

We are not getting an album, let alone TWO by July.

If we get something this year, expect august or September for a single with album in the October November December months

Sounds reasonable, no way in June/July unless they are really playing us, hoping that the hope to follow up with a quick release is true. One would think they have lots of quality material!

Remember Adam was the one who said they hoped to be done before Christmas. I take this 'end of summer' talk with a very big grain of salt.

Keep on hoping :wink:.. perhaps if they stopped hoping and started finishing that bloody album it'd finally come out at some point. Hope alone doesn't fix anything!

In the meantime they could have released Rattle and hum remastered or u2 3d. ... I al happy with the 2 singles though. .

At least this proves that horrible Billboard story was partially incorrect. The tour will indeed start next year but Adam said they hope to have the album finished this summer and put it out very quickly so it is definitely not their intention to wait until next year.

At least this proves that horrible Billboard story was partially incorrect. The tour will indeed start next year but Adam said they hope to have the album finished this summer and put it out very quickly so it is definitely not their intention to wait until next year.

The Billboard story was based on the best information at the time from reputable industry sources. There is no "correct" or "incorrect" from the band or Billboard or anyone until the album is actually finished. It's all just speculation.

And if you think Adam's "hopefully we'll be done recording by the end of summer" statement is a solid indication that the album will drop this year, well, good luck.

Sooo.... there's no way Invisible will be anything more than a bonus track after a gap this long. That's good... one extra new track instead :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom