Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rocker also brushed aside claims U2 had been struggling with work on the follow-up to 2009’s No Line On the Horizon. Clayton joked: “We’ve been in counselling and we think we know what we’re doing.”

asdfdfd_zps5d165a66.gif

Thank you Adam Clayton for being the REAL hero of U2 in regards to being one of the rare public figures to come out of the Adult Depression closet! I knew you were one of my 3/4 favorite members of my favorite musical quartet for a reason. Besides, I'm sure being in a band with the likes of Bono could be enough to drive a man into depression

Adam Clayton: ‘I felt empty despite selling millions of records with U2 and living privileged...
Irish Independent | Breaking, Irish & World News - Independent.ie

Well, you are true. But you can't deny it ' s ridiculous that the band since 2010 has been saying there would be an album in that near future. And that happened a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

riduclous....maybe.....

since this has happened at times before (but shorter hiatus)....
....it's often a pattern mayny fans would like them to break. It's be nice. :) But I don't expect it.

And Zooropa being the chnage in their pattern, yes?

It's hard enough sometimes as a Creative Person -visual artist here- to get things going/done. Put 4 collabrating people together -sometimes with strong differing views on certain parts of the music.etc.. it's definately can be messy!:huh:
So I have some genuine sympathy for them.

:uhoh:
*waits fior brickbats in my direction*

:wink:

And what GG recommended.to you ...yeah...

that's why I posted my "...going to do list" re this "invisible" album for now....so I don't get all frustraed with this (seemingly) currently wobbly album endevor.

ANd maybe CK will be right :D

Maybe this time, because of the tons of material they must have garnered over the past five years, they have decided to finish two albums before they release the first one. Maybe they realised that they could not manage to get together and record and mix satisfactorily once the post-release hoopla and then the tour starts.

They were geared up for what looked like an album when they did Fallon and the award shows. Full band appearances, performances, etc. Bono and Edge could have EASILY handled all of the award hoopla themselves and they've done just that in years past.

I don't think they "bailed" or got cold feet. I think they decided to just mix both albums at once and get it all ready to go so they could literally hit the ground running. Sure, Zooropa was done in between tour legs. But I don't think they would be satisfied with that sort of process again. Especially as at least half of the Zooropa tracks were ones left from the AB sessions.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Beyonce, drop the first album, announce the tour, and then right as they're touring, announce album #2. Ticket sales would be guaranteed, album sales/digital sales would be heavy as people tend to buy/download a band they've seen or are going to see, it's a win for everyone involved.

And that aside. Adam. ADAM. :hug: You are an amazing man, Adam Clayton. Kudos to you for going through everything you have over the years and coming through it a better person.
:heart: Love you, Sparks.

Curious:

"A showbiz source said: “We were told U2 are putting a world tour together and of course they want to play Scotland.

“The Hydro was discussed as a possible venue and the dates they were looking at were in September – but it isn’t available because that is when Still Game are there."

Still Game live show blocks global superstars from plans to play at the Hydro in Glasgow as part of world tour - Daily Record

Hopefully they didn't postpone the tour until 2015 just because they couldn't book dates at The Hydro. :lol: Unless they just want to play arenas first, and then go to stadiums. :hmm:

I'm still betting on a fall release and 2015 tour. Would love to be wrong.

Curious:

"A showbiz source said: “We were told U2 are putting a world tour together and of course they want to play Scotland.

“The Hydro was discussed as a possible venue and the dates they were looking at were in September – but it isn’t available because that is when Still Game are there."

Still Game live show blocks global superstars from plans to play at the Hydro in Glasgow as part of world tour - Daily Record

For people who don't want to read the whole thing:

"The original four dates for the stage show – September 30 to October 3 – sold out in hours, crashing internet booking sites."

Curious:

Hmm, I think that maybe Glasgow in September was part of the original plan (album in Spring 2014, tour to follow in mid/late Summer); and probably these reports go back to that. Or...

hopefully someone in Ireland is watching the late late show.. should be on in an hour or so.. maybe Adam will saying something meaningless and then maybe we can dissect it.

That would be awesome if Adam changes his tone in this interview to say "we hope to have the album finished by the end of the year". Then we can all speculate what happened this week to cause a further delay.

Just finished watching the Late Late Show interview. Most of it was about 'Walk In My Shoes', as expected. The host asked Adam about missing the ZOOTV show in Sydney, as well as his alcohol troubles during U2's rise of fame. His remarks about new U2, based on my hearing:

We've been working to get it finished this summer, hopefully to have something out by the end of the year. Feeling really, really good. We want to make the songs count, they're getting better and better.

Nothing new.

Now he's on. I caught very little and can't follow it well on the web player...but he substantially confirmed what already said.

CK, they showed "the Brazilian" in the audience! :lol:

Edit: it ended just now.

I think it's clear that they read this thread and had to respond. They sent Adam this time to do the lying. Who will it be next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom