3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So they are selling $25 GA tix to local college students ������

I wonder if because they will be filming a DVD or something and wanted some non old folks home energy in the crowd. Kind of is reminiscent of the Boston Elevation DVD fiasco, I'm going to sit in protest.

Oh wait, everyone is already sitting

I never heard about that. But getting news younger fans or just being nice to college kids or having better looking people in the audience is nothing new.

The seat fillers in the Oscars don't look like me.

I never heard about that. But getting news younger fans or just being nice to college kids or having better looking people in the audience is nothing new.

The seat fillers in the Oscars don't look like me.

There's nothing wrong with being nice to college students, but there aren't any age or appearance requirements for being a U2 fan. It feels like a slap in the face to the "old and decrepit" fans if that's going on, and if anyone shouldn't be ageist it's U2, the Rolling Stones, etc. Sounds like Leo, he gets older but his girlfriends get younger and younger.

I don't think it's the same as an Oscar seat filler. The stars and nominees sitting in those seats are all beautiful looking, and most of them use all kinds of cosmetic procedures. Especially if they're over 40, actually in Hollywood probably over 30 or even 20.

So far cosmetic procedures aren't required to attend a U2 concert, maybe that's down the road....

There has clearly been some extra space in GA on the sides. So maybe they just wanted to do a nice thing. Maybe they wanted the floor to not look so much like night of the living dead anymore. Who knows. Not a big deal.

There are plenty of people on that floor who didn't pay a dime who could afford to pay ten times the ticket price, so letting a handful of people who can't afford tickets in for cheap shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

I agree, just sad my school of choice is in AZ today ? Almost graduated by the way, took 40+ years. Just 3 more months.

I agree, just sad my school of choice is in AZ today ? Almost graduated by the way, took 40+ years. Just 3 more months.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it and close to finishing. I worked at GCU for about 8 months when I lived in AZ and didn’t care for it at all.

This first show back was fantastic. Great set list. Band in excellent form. Showed up at 6:15 PM. Doors opened a little later than usual due to rehearsals. Ended up 2 from the rail off to the side by Adam. I gane now seen the show from the 300s, back of GA on a riser and up close on GA. I have enjoyed all but nothing beats being up close!!

https://963kklz.com/2023/12/01/u2-showing-nevada-college-students-love-with-25-tickets/

I don't know how anyone being a U2 fan could be upset with this -- I figured all would be like AWESOME of them to do.

How is it a slap in the face to sell EXTRA tickets to LOCAL COLLEGE kids for a cheap price if they showed up for 4 hours in person to get them? Can't buy them online. Can't scalp them.

Trust me I'm not "upset" at all about it, have many more actually troubling things to be upset about.

Just have an opinion about it that I expressed here, that's all.

I wonder how many college kids are even familiar with U2's music, just something I wonder. But it's 25 bucks and something to do at an incredible venue so good for them. These days I think the ones who are familiar it's through their parents.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it and close to finishing. I worked at GCU for about 8 months when I lived in AZ and didn’t care for it at all.

Ohh?! Interesting. I am online from California so have not needed to go to campus. Sorry your experience sucked.

I wish Taylor would do over 40 (or 50 gasp do people that old even go to concerts ?) $25 GA shows at Sphere, I would be there. Maybe even Harry Styles too, he's pretty cute.

Trust me I'm not "upset" at all about it, have many more actually troubling things to be upset about.

Just have an opinion about it that I expressed here, that's all.

I wonder how many college kids are even familiar with U2's music, just something I wonder. But it's 25 bucks and something to do at an incredible venue so good for them. These days I think the ones who are familiar it's through their parents.

I'm sure my 23 year old son likes U2 because of me, but a couple of months ago he told me that he was listening to Frank Sinatra all day at work at Walmart and really likes his songs. And I'm 56.:shrug:

There has clearly been some extra space in GA on the sides. So maybe they just wanted to do a nice thing. Maybe they wanted the floor to not look so much like night of the living dead anymore. Who knows. Not a big deal.

There are plenty of people on that floor who didn't pay a dime who could afford to pay ten times the ticket price, so letting a handful of people who can't afford tickets in for cheap shouldn't be an issue for anyone.

Exactly. I'm as cynical as the next person, but I didn't jump immediately to "hot people wanted for video recording purposes".

And I think it's a smart move to do something cool for the youngs who otherwise might not bother trying to see this show. With all previous tours, the minimum prices have been low enough (sub-$100) for curious people to take a chance. This residency, not so much, plus they're just harder to get in general.

https://963kklz.com/2023/12/01/u2-showing-nevada-college-students-love-with-25-tickets/

I don't know how anyone being a U2 fan could be upset with this -- I figured all would be like AWESOME of them to do.

How is it a slap in the face to sell EXTRA tickets to LOCAL COLLEGE kids for a cheap price if they showed up for 4 hours in person to get them? Can't buy them online. Can't scalp them.

Typical fan entitlement rears its head, not surprised at all some react negatively based on what we've seen before from this community.

a lot of those college students will be happy to spend $25 just to see the sphere for themselves, regardless of what band is playing. i know i would have easily been able to get a group of my college buddies (who would never have been into specifically seeing U2) out to a show if a deal like this was available. suddenly they have a U2 GA experience and at least a decent number of them are going to become new long-term fans. and if having more younger people in GA raises the overall energy level of the crowd, that's even better.

whoever on the marketing team thought this idea up deserves a nice holiday bonus.

Last edited:
Saw the fake Bono impersonator at the Venetian on Friday with a large group surrounding him and taking selfies. What a weird phenomenon that is duping a bunch of people into thinking they got a selfie with Bono. He was also walking really fast up and down the hallways with “security” guards. So weird.

Last edited:
Saw the fake Bono impersonator at the Venetian on Friday with a large group surrounding him and taking selfies. What a weird phenomenon that is duping a bunch of people into thinking they got a selfie with Bono. He was also walking really fast down the hallways with “security” guards. So weird.

I saw the tail end of that fiasco when he was coming out toward Restaurant row. What a dbag.

I also tripped and bought a vibee package by accident and put in a request for fan club tickets. :angel:

I'm gonna be seeing Extreme that week and was praying U2 would extend so I could at least go to Zoo Station. Man, I hope I can find something reasonable in general sale. I've had zero luck for the Oct shows. Maybe some will drop while I'm there. I can't afford the prices the resale seats are going for.

I'm gonna be seeing Extreme that week and was praying U2 would extend so I could at least go to Zoo Station. Man, I hope I can find something reasonable in general sale. I've had zero luck for the Oct shows. Maybe some will drop while I'm there. I can't afford the prices the resale seats are going for.

No access to presale?

We are seeing Extreme again on 2/10 in Michigan! :)

No access to presale?

We are seeing Extreme again on 2/10 in Michigan! :)

Not in the fan club. Thought it might be too late to join. I always had fine luck getting show tickets before...but not this go.

Enjoy Extreme again. We were lucky to see them in Anaheim when they filmed their recent video. Energy was through the roof. Looking forward to seeing them again.

I am trying for the presale for these final dates. I didn't attempt the earlier sales since I couldn't attend. I searched elsewhere but couldn't find the answer - apologies if it has been addressed earlier.

Is there a priority level for ticket type on the requests? I want GA for any date. If I select it and all the other levels - is GA what I will get (if they are available)? Or does it appear to be random?

Not in the fan club. Thought it might be too late to join. I always had fine luck getting show tickets before...but not this go.

Enjoy Extreme again. We were lucky to see them in Anaheim when they filmed their recent video. Energy was through the roof. Looking forward to seeing them again.

Bummer. I think you are out of luck if you were not in the fan club by today's announcement. If you are going to try for anything, try for the last February dates and not the March dates. There are a lot of people that do whatever it takes to be there for openers and closers.

And how cool that you were there for the shoot! We saw them this past August for the second time (last time was 2015?). It was great!!

I am trying for the presale for these final dates. I didn't attempt the earlier sales since I couldn't attend. I searched elsewhere but couldn't find the answer - apologies if it has been addressed earlier.

Is there a priority level for ticket type on the requests? I want GA for any date. If I select it and all the other levels - is GA what I will get (if they are available)? Or does it appear to be random?

There were Ultra members (active prior to initial announcement) and Violet (joined after the initial announcement). Not sure what the breakdown is for this sale. If you log in to your U2.com profile and go to account info, you will be able to see it. I have had incredibly good luck for the presale. Got my first choices the 3 times I have tried, but the same cannot be said for everyone. Mileage has definitely varied. Let's see if I can get to 4/4.

Back
Top Bottom