3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone talk about the GA experience? View wise? Taking my wife and we'll hang back. Too old to be close

I enjoyed it both nights I was there. View-wise, it was fine for watching the band and such. But I imagine the seats had a better view for certain songs like the opening tracks and such. We also missed certain effects put onto the stage that can probably be only observed from the higher seats clearly. You might be able to catch some of that better if you're content with watching from the back rail or towards it (or maybe the sides). But in any event, there's probably some tradeoffs wherever you sit or stand!

Did not realize this. Wish I would have known before I submitted requests for 4 tickets @ $140. :sad:

Kind of hoping I get passed over this time.

You can likely still update or cancel your request.

You can likely still update or cancel your request.

If you submit a new request, it will override the initial. I know some people were scared of updating them. I did it without issue during initial requests and my order was fulfilled.

The 400 ticket I sold to Irvine for his brother's friend was 2nd row seat 20 section 405. I paid 140 for it and Irvine told me that his brother's friend loved the seat and said it was dead center and he had a great view.

He did say that his brother's friend is a more casual fan, don't know if that really matters at all re how you experience where you're sitting.

That's almost exactly the seat I have the date I'm going. God am I glad I managed to get that before they doubled the price!

That's almost exactly the seat I have the date I'm going. God am I glad I managed to get that before they doubled the price!

It should be pretty good, I'm glad I'm going before the prices go up too.

I wonder how they will try to justify that? I think it's gross. Extend a residency and raise the prices, what other acts have done that?

Sphereflation-sounds like Zoo Station, maybe add it into that song going forward

I wonder how they will try to justify that? I think it's gross. Extend a residency and raise the prices, what other acts have done that?

Selling the tickets will justify it. Tix in the 400s we’re going for plenty on secondary. The market communicated they were underpriced. Now they’re capturing that money in the primary transaction. Call it eventually dynamic pricing.

They sold 25 shows on zero hype and the last few even had availability in the general sale. Demand had been met. Now? Demand is higher. But there’s a reason they’re only mentioning 11 to start. If they’re slow to sell out, they can always drop the prices. If they sell fast, they could add more at the new price points. That whole “X% of seats under $300” point won’t be mentioned again but that’s about it. The people who are going to complain the loudest won’t be in the building so it won’t really matter.

Sphereflation-sounds like Zoo Station, maybe add it into that song going forward

It sounds crazy, but you have to view this in the context of what other acts in their tier charge. Madonna. Stones. Sting.

The point is never made enough here or anywhere. For the level of fame and obvious continued super high demand U2 is at, they are A BARGAIN TO SEE LIVE!!

I don't even want to guess what we would've seen for face value if the Stones or Madonna went first..... we never would've had surprisingly reasonable sub $300 prices to go up from!

Selling the tickets will justify it. Tix in the 400s we’re going for plenty on secondary. The market communicated they were underpriced. Now they’re capturing that money in the primary transaction. Call it eventually dynamic pricing.

They sold 25 shows on zero hype and the last few even had availability in the general sale. Demand had been met. Now? Demand is higher. But there’s a reason they’re only mentioning 11 to start. If they’re slow to sell out, they can always drop the prices. If they sell fast, they could add more at the new price points. That whole “X% of seats under $300” point won’t be mentioned again but that’s about it. The people who are going to complain the loudest won’t be in the building so it won’t really matter.

Exactly! There's a lot of trends at play here. Even if the Ticketmaster monopoly and a few other glaring issues were fixed tomorrow, you'd still be seeing demand-based pricing (dynamic) as a way to combat the secondary market.

You could have a healthy, competitive ticket selling market more like restaurants in town and the industry would've still found a way to keep that money from leaving. This would be true even if albums and radio play were as big of drivers of income for artists as they were years ago.

And we know that isn't the case- most of the money is made on live performances these days.

They only raised some of the ticket prices. And frankly their prices are very reasonable compared to some of the Vegas shows currently. Adele tix are way more expensive (if you could get them).

I mean they aren't by any means a cheap ticket, but I don't think they have ever really been outrageous, especially as DeVaul mentions the usual GA prices which have always been below market value and usually largely sold to fan club members in the presales. So, they are far from the worst offenders.

Will there be some crazy Platinum prices for these shows? Yes, especially Feb 9 and 10, I expect something astronomical then, but overall they do a decent job of not crossing way over the line.

Did not realize this. Wish I would have known before I submitted requests for 4 tickets @ $140. :sad:

Kind of hoping I get passed over this time.

You can modify your request up till Saturday night at 10 Pacific - I did this last request round and (IMO) it didn't affect my chances, I still scored what I asked for. YMMV, of course..

So they raised some of the tickets prices because demand is sky high? That makes sense.

You can modify your request up till Saturday night at 10 Pacific - I did this last request round and (IMO) it didn't affect my chances, I still scored what I asked for. YMMV, of course..

I don't want to modify it, I want to remove the request completely.

It's funny to watch people here bend over backwards to justify flat-out greed. "Look at how much other acts charge!", "It's a great value!".

Bottom line is that nothing has changed about these shows. They just took over half the cheapest seats and are charging like 50% more for them now, with zero justification.

It's funny to watch people here bend over backwards to justify flat-out greed. "Look at how much other acts charge!", "It's a great value!".

Bottom line is that nothing has changed about these shows. They just took over half the cheapest seats and are charging like 50% more for them now, with zero justification.

Oh, I believe you can cancel it outright as well. Pretty sure.

Are you going to call us bootlickers again?

The justification, such as it were, is demand. You don’t have to like it, but that’s it.

And they’re charging 90.7% more for the cheapest tickets, not 50%.

Will be interesting to see if they sell overhang tickets at reduced price or not at all, if not at all then the other price increases would account for that loss of revenue.

Man, to have been alive in the 60s with single digit concert prices. I would hope that if they tour, tix would be a little cheaper than this, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I already skipped blink 182 and the chili peppers last time around because GAs were like $600 and $400 respectively. I did buy foo fighters ones, they were $240. :/ Oh yeah, I also skipped the postal service anniversary show because tix were $180.

Will be interesting to see if they sell overhang tickets at reduced price or not at all, if not at all then the other price increases would account for that loss of revenue.

Kindof a big screwup on the design side.. if they can't sell these seats for a concert.. .surely they're not selling them for the movies they show there?

I laugh because I know people complain about price of X while spending 120 at Applebees like that good value. Buy 6 dollar coffees. Buy 20 dollar beers. It’s all too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom