3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes we need everything to be ok so we can see you post a picture of all your shirts laid out that you are gonna wear on the trip then also a picture of you on the plane. I love those pictures that everyone seems to take.

I'm jonesing to see Hewson's bag choice

tb029_k_20180.jpg

So we opted to try more aggressive meds vs. eyeball surgery. And our pet sitter previously worked 10 years as a vet tech, has no issue administering meds. Issue was that drops need to be given 6 times daily (3 different drops) and figured that would be impossible while she was at work etc.
Texted her what was happening, and she replied that she is currently working from home. So, I figure we're all set...until I tell this to the wife, and she is hemming and hawing about leaving the dog. Says she won't be able to enjoy herself.
She's thinking it over. Told her need a decision by tonight. The saga continues.

So the Las Vegas Review Journal that has been stirring up the rumours about Larry coming back had an article - deleted now - that Larry will be playing on the (yet to be announced) 2024 shows in January/February. I'll believe it when I see it. I remain skeptical, as their previous articles were written in a way where quotes could have been taken out of context.

So the Las Vegas Review Journal that has been stirring up the rumours about Larry coming back had an article - deleted now - that Larry will be playing on the (yet to be announced) 2024 shows in January/February. I'll believe it when I see it. I remain skeptical, as their previous articles were written in a way where quotes could have been taken out of context.

that they've deleted the article tells me that somebody told them that it was a bunch of hooey.

Went to Saturday's show, and it was everything I could have hoped for and more.

To start with, I had been checking TM for floor tickets the week of. Lo and behold, around 9:30 on Saturday morning . . . there they were! Was able to unload my 300's to a fan, and knew I'd be in the heart of the action.

Walking into the Sphere was an experience itself. The floor GA entry leads through a long, dark tunnel with sci-fi bars and lounges, the ethereal bits of Achtung Baby floating from the speakers, and then finally, you emerge into the arena itself. What a sight! My wife and I then walked up the 100 level and into the main concourse, and it felt like a long queue for an amusement park ride at EPCOT. Immersive to say the least!

The show was fantastic. After all the build-up, it still delivered. The house lights going off, the "helicopters" flying overhead, the remix of Lemon, built up some palpable tension. The choral intro signified it was time, and when Bono launched into the intro like early Zoo TV shows, it FINALLY felt real to me.

The 1-2-3 punch at the start of the show was so meaningful. My dad and I had tickets to see Zoo TV in our hometown of Champaign, IL in 1992. The show got canceled and moved to a Chicago suburb, and we never ended up seeing it. So, 30+ years later, it was my taste of Zoo TV. What a thrill.

Most impressive to me: the band weren't swallowed whole by the spectacle. From that point forward, it was just a great rock show. Hearing all of AB was a thrill, though I will admit the acoustic section was a slight lull. But, from Acrobat until the end . . . what an hour of music. The encore was a perfect victory lap, and even the warhorses carried an extra spark to them.

I don't know about any of you, but from the minute these were announced, I had this underlying thought of "PLEASE let this actually happen." Whether it be possible opening delays for Sphere, or the dreaded "Bono has COVID, your show is postponed!", I felt both relief and jubilation when the show began. And when it did, it was pure bliss. With the imminent announcement of 2024 dates, I'm already planning on heading back to Vegas for one more go.

Went to Saturday's show, and it was everything I could have hoped for and more.

To start with, I had been checking TM for floor tickets the week of. Lo and behold, around 9:30 on Saturday morning . . . there they were! Was able to unload my 300's to a fan, and knew I'd be in the heart of the action.

Walking into the Sphere was an experience itself. The floor GA entry leads through a long, dark tunnel with sci-fi bars and lounges, the ethereal bits of Achtung Baby floating from the speakers, and then finally, you emerge into the arena itself. What a sight! My wife and I then walked up the 100 level and into the main concourse, and it felt like a long queue for an amusement park ride at EPCOT. Immersive to say the least!

The show was fantastic. After all the build-up, it still delivered. The house lights going off, the "helicopters" flying overhead, the remix of Lemon, built up some palpable tension. The choral intro signified it was time, and when Bono launched into the intro like early Zoo TV shows, it FINALLY felt real to me.

The 1-2-3 punch at the start of the show was so meaningful. My dad and I had tickets to see Zoo TV in our hometown of Champaign, IL in 1992. The show got canceled and moved to a Chicago suburb, and we never ended up seeing it. So, 30+ years later, it was my taste of Zoo TV. What a thrill.

Most impressive to me: the band weren't swallowed whole by the spectacle. From that point forward, it was just a great rock show. Hearing all of AB was a thrill, though I will admit the acoustic section was a slight lull. But, from Acrobat until the end . . . what an hour of music. The encore was a perfect victory lap, and even the warhorses carried an extra spark to them.

I don't know about any of you, but from the minute these were announced, I had this underlying thought of "PLEASE let this actually happen." Whether it be possible opening delays for Sphere, or the dreaded "Bono has COVID, your show is postponed!", I felt both relief and jubilation when the show began. And when it did, it was pure bliss. With the imminent announcement of 2024 dates, I'm already planning on heading back to Vegas for one more go.

Congrats! Is 9:30 on Saturday typically a time when more tickets are dumped? If so, 9:30 in which timezone? I am still holding out hope that I can grab a general admission ticket for sometime in December.

Congrats! Is 9:30 on Saturday typically a time when more tickets are dumped? If so, 9:30 in which timezone? I am still holding out hope that I can grab a general admission ticket for sometime in December.

Keep an eye on the Face Value exchanges in the weeks leading up to a show too. When plans change for people and the show's coming up, they tend to show up as it gets closer.

https://www.facebook.com/u2/posts/p...Tn64LtH29BuDiN41R3ntQwMQu6snaCyuikq8PZkP8e8l/

DUE TO UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND, ADDITIONAL 11 DATES ANNOUNCED FOR U2:UV ACHTUNG BABY, LIVE AT SPHERE IN 2024.

JAN 26, 27, 31
&
FEB 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 15, 17, 18

U2.com paid subscribers may submit a Ticketmaster Request now through Saturday, October 21 at 10PM PT.

Vibee VIP and Hotel Packages are available immediately for all dates at u2.vibee.com.

Tickets will go on sale to the public Wednesday, October 25th. On sale times vary by show date - please visit U2.TICKETMASTER.COM for more information.

#U2UVSPHERE

Edit: U2.com spells out the dates more firmly too!

FRIDAY, JANUARY 26
SATURDAY, JANUARY 27
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 31
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 7
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18

Last edited:
The date that works best for me is Sunday, Feb 18. As a teacher, I was hoping to take advantage of Presidents' Day weekend.

So being the last show . . . how in-demand is this thing going to be? :ohmy:

Not surprised in the slightest, I think I made the right call by going in December. January and February is going to be bonkers by the looks of it.

Can you imagine the hotel rates for Super Bowl weekend or any of the dates the week before? Come on.

I'm happy for actual U2 fans who will get a chance to go if they couldn't get tickets before.

I wouldn't go again even if I could afford it. Traveling from where I live in the Winter can be a nightmare. When I saw Lady Gaga there in January 2019 I got stuck in that Las Vegas airport for at least 10 hours because of a storm back home and a change of flight crew wait. That's why I usually never fly in the Winter. At least I won enough on the airport Wheel of Fortune slot machine for food and drinks.

For me it's a once is more than enough show anyway.

Wish the U2.com presale would have results by like Sunday so I could put in for that and if successful still have time to then cancel next week's trip and put the whole canine eyeball fiasco behind me.

Super bowl Feb 11. Those fri and Saturday shows are going to be Taylor swift esque prices.

Yeaaaaah.
The overhang is shaded. Maybe not being sold in the presale?
All the 300 section seats are now at the $400 price point, not just the center sections.
Most of the 400 section are at $267, only the back rows and far sides are at $140.

GA and Red Zone unchanged.

Yeaaaaah.
The overhang is shaded. Maybe not being sold in the presale?
All the 300 section seats are now at the $400 price point, not just the center sections.
Most of the 400 section are at $267, only the back rows and far sides are at $140.

GA and Red Zone unchanged.

Vibee has also finally fixed the overhang issue. Allegedly:

"NOTE: ALL SEATS IN THE 100 LEVEL SECTIONS IN VIBEE PACKAGES ARE GUARANTEED TO BE IN THE FIRST 12 ROWS (ROWS 12-23) AND HAVE FULL VIEW OF SCREEN AND STAGE. THERE ARE NO SEATS IN 2024 VIBEE PACKAGES WITH A LIMITED VIEW OF THE SCREEN."

Think I might try for GA

I sat in section 400 few weeks ago. Enjoyed the seats but want to be closer and GA seems like a great value.

I paid $140 for 400 and noticed they raised the price where I sat.

Can anyone talk about the GA experience? View wise? Taking my wife and we'll hang back. Too old to be close

The 400 ticket I sold to Irvine for his brother's friend was 2nd row seat 20 section 405. I paid 140 for it and Irvine told me that his brother's friend loved the seat and said it was dead center and he had a great view.

He did say that his brother's friend is a more casual fan, don't know if that really matters at all re how you experience where you're sitting.

Back
Top Bottom