3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As someone who had 300 center level seats the first night, this show is sooooooo much better from GA, a completely different experience. If you have the choice, go GA. You don't even have to line up, strolled in at 8 pm tonight and it's just so much better.

Thanks C! I came here to look for your comment! :hug:

Kevin and I thought about you Friday night in the 300s and wondered how it went.

Some guys just can't handle Vegas

I feel personally attacked by this comment Mr. Headache.
I at least waited until after I got back to my room to puke :shifty:

So I’ve got GA and seats but damned if I’m not looking at my seated date on TM every so often for a GA drop to have the option...

Dooooo it

I thiiiink I want the seat still? If I didn’t have the Wed/Fri already in GA I’d prob be more apt to switch. I appreciated the seats I had on IE/EI. These 300s are a good deal further than those, however…

Last edited by a moderator:
I thiiiink I want the seat still? If I didn’t have the Wed/Fri already in GA I’d prob be more apt to switch. I appreciated the seats I had on IE/EI. These 300s are a good deal further than those, however…

Bring a seat to GA.

Lex-wearable-bionic-chair-Yaksa-Red-Left-side.jpg

I've arrived, and Vegas remains how I remembered it -- something to see, but really not for me.

We may do something insane tonight and get last minute Adele tickets, but then I do have a mortgage to pay.

Yes I would love to see Adele too but just insanely expensive. What about Gaga jazz and piano? I don't know what they're going for but I highly recommend that show. 10/10

I think I walked past the line/list dictators earlier today. Saw the sphere in broad daylight. It really is something.

I think I walked past the line/list dictators earlier today. Saw the sphere in broad daylight. It really is something.

Looking forward to your review of the show Irvine. I won't be going until December and I have seats not GA :(

So I’ve got GA and seats but damned if I’m not looking at my seated date on TM every so often for a GA drop to have the option...

Keep checking - I regret not having GA last night because security was so intense about people not standing and I have a VERY hard time sitting throughout a whole show (though obviously that’s not an issue for everyone).
The dude behind me even pounded on my back early on and screamed at me to sit down - like dude, it’s ok to tap on my shoulder and ask politely but it’s a freakin’ rock concert, not the symphony, so the rage is uncalled for.

Oh and my husband and I unintentionally walked in without ever having our tickets scanned LOL - it was a bit unorganized.

Ok, back to another 10-year hiatus from this site - (though I have to say it was kinda sweet to check it last week for the first time in years last week and see so many familiar names)

Ok. Fremont is very fun. I just had three martinis in a lesbian bar and have all sorts or recommendations for wine in Paso Robles and I’m loving life.

Ok. Fremont is very fun. I just had three martinis in a lesbian bar and have all sorts or recommendations for wine in Paso Robles and I’m loving life.

My main memories of Vegas were:

The strip is pretty grim. I can usually enjoy a place that has an identity and a thing, but its thing seems to just be commercial excess.

Fremont and the areas beyond were AMAZING! The smaller scale places, the bars outside the area under the screen, the neon. It was EPIC. What I had hoped Vegas would be.

Have woken up in Vegas on what I think is a Saturday with the Sphere emoji face out of the window. Fremont Street beckons after popping to the Venetian to get some merch.

This place is as utterly bat shit insane as everyone said it was.

Keep checking - I regret not having GA last night because security was so intense about people not standing and I have a VERY hard time sitting throughout a whole show (though obviously that’s not an issue for everyone).
The dude behind me even pounded on my back early on and screamed at me to sit down - like dude, it’s ok to tap on my shoulder and ask politely but it’s a freakin’ rock concert, not the symphony, so the rage is uncalled for.

Oh and my husband and I unintentionally walked in without ever having our tickets scanned LOL - it was a bit unorganized.

Ok, back to another 10-year hiatus from this site - (though I have to say it was kinda sweet to check it last week for the first time in years last week and see so many familiar names)

Wtf, laying hands on you?! And boo to security, it sounded last weekend like they were laying off the “making people sit down” on the second night. Very disappointed to hear they’re continuing to do that.

Wtf, laying hands on you?! And boo to security, it sounded last weekend like they were laying off the “making people sit down” on the second night. Very disappointed to hear they’re continuing to do that.
Yeah, the overly aggressively manner of asking me to sit down did upset me and affect my experience - (though I kept telling myself to be zen about it and let it go and just be in the moment.) I was only planning to go to the one show, but now looking for GA ticket drops so I can freely dance around like a weirdo for one show!

I also love watching other people dance and rock out - there were some people in front of us who were so joyously feeling it that it was contagious, and it made me sad when they were forced to sit.

And I don’t mean to be a downer - I’m really grateful I got to be a part of this incredible experience!

Random rules always make me upset. i got in a few fights with staff at MSG during U2 shows and I'm a wimp in real life-- they seem to be told to bust balls or maybe it's just the power of it! Dumb things too like taking a picture or being on the end seat and slightly moving to the steps -- but it's 2 hours before the show so no one is there yet... enforcing dumb rules thing drives me nuts.

I prefer for them to ignore me and only react if someone is being a total drunk asshole and they need to take them out.

Last edited:
They need to make an official statement. The expectation that people will just sit for a concert is wacky.

So technically the Sphere has a policy. The people that need to intervene is actually U2 management

[Code of Conduct:

Guests shall be respectful of others around them.
Guests shall avoid blocking the view of other guests.
During some concerts, the artist may request that guests be permitted to stand immediately in front of their seats during the entirety of the performance. On those occasions, standing guests shall continue to be respectful of others around them and avoid blocking the view of other guests.

https://www.thespherevegas.com/faqs

So many lanyards on show in the Venetian…

We were too hungover to make the early opening for forum members so are queuing now to give them some $$$ for merch.

So technically the Sphere has a policy. The people that need to intervene is actually U2 management

https://www.thespherevegas.com/faqs
And that seems to be the prevailing feeling here... that standing is fine, but the second someone complains about a blocked view they swoop in like you just chanted "sell the Knicks" at the Garden.

So, thought it would be a good idea to just go pickup a programme and poster today while passing the Sphere, rather than having to deal with it at the show.

Boy is it slow…

I have to be honest: all this talk of sitting down in the 300s and 400s was making me leery.

I bit the bullet this morning on some GA tickets off Stub Hub, and sold my existing pair. To feel truly immersed in a rock show, I need to be able to move around and really get into it.

Our show is this Saturday. I plan on hanging back in GA, so for anyone who's done similarly . . . back of GA center? back of GA off to Edge or Adam's side?

Back
Top Bottom