3 Irishmen and a Dutchman Walk Into A Sphere - General Discussion Thread Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually have no idea how this will be circulated after the fact. There were certain channels to get official stuff back in the day, but the world has changed and U2’s popularity means that this might be hard to actually get hold of

I’m sure someone will rip it, and if I get hold of it I’ll distribute, but I suppose it might actually be a little harder to find the rip these days. 15 years ago it’d be from page of the pirate bay.

i was today year's old when i found out that the baby that flashes on screen at the start of Zoo Station is the baby of the baby who flashed on screen at the start of Zoo Station during the original ZooTV tour and that the billboards during One are exact representations of the screens used during the Outside Broadcast portion of the ZooTV tour.

Never knew that either, thanks for sharing. I hadn't noticed the Easter Egg feature before.

I’m sure someone will rip it, and if I get hold of it I’ll distribute, but I suppose it might actually be a little harder to find the rip these days. 15 years ago it’d be from page of the pirate bay.
I need to get back into torrenting. So many shows I just shrug and miss out on. idk where to look anymore but I remember the Pirate Bay. :)

U2.com finally managed to send out an email about the Sirius show.

It says

And watch this space for updates about how you can hear this exclusive new interview and final #U2UVSphere show on additional platforms in the coming weeks.

"When we release this, we're excited to confirm we've removed Love is Blindness, Acrobat and Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the world, and included two remixes of Atomic City."

I think this show sounds great on Sirius. I'm listening to it through my small JBL Bluetooth speaker and it's still great.

I missed the interview because I was at work, I hope they make that available somewhere else.

Glad we got a recording but Bono sounds rough at this show and his vocals buried in the mix. I think I prefer the 11/1 IEM matrix release

Glad we got a recording but Bono sounds rough at this show and his vocals buried in the mix. I think I prefer the 11/1 IEM matrix release
That 11/1 show is eerily good. I knew he wouldn’t, but listening back to it I was so hoping he’d go for the high C in wild horses - he can totally hit it, with the shape he’s in these days. I get why he doesn’t. But still.

confession: I am tired of AB. Seeing UF in NYC on Saturday really hammered home how little I feel listening to these songs, especially these last approximately two years.

Last edited:
Yeah - it sounds just a little flat as well. I imagine a lot of that is the compression and mono mixing. I think an Apple Music/spotify release may help.

Now you've got me curious. Unless I'm missing something, this isn't in mono. And I hear plenty of B. Just took it off of the web as it was playing last night, haven't done anything to it yet - here's one track just out of interest. Until The End Of the World .mp3

Still waiting for a copy with confirmed lineage, but yeah, that Sirius Mix is heavily compressed. I heard a lot of compression artifacts on the louder stereo songs like Wild Horses. I'll reserve final judgment until I get a confirmed copy, but not a fan initially. That said, probably a better listen than the Bram IEM feed I released!

Still waiting for a copy with confirmed lineage, but yeah, that Sirius Mix is heavily compressed. I heard a lot of compression artifacts on the louder stereo songs like Wild Horses. I'll reserve final judgment until I get a confirmed copy, but not a fan initially. That said, probably a better listen than the Bram IEM feed I released!
Ah, but your Bram feed was when we didn’t have any others! It was great 😊

Some day I want one of those rig rundown videos but from the guy who programs the metronome for the IEMs.

Back
Top Bottom