2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely certain someone was complaining about all of this online 22 years ago. Probably even 28 years ago. Oh yes, the internet has a looooooooooooooong straw.

Where is the contradiction?

Fact1:
Last night they played only 6 from new album

Fact2: They haven´t played Volcano, Soldier, Sleep like a Baby so far on this tour
Troubles only 1 time

Fact3:
Moreover they haven´t played songs from current era like Ordinary Love or from second disc Ballroom and Lucipher.

I don´t even try to mention Boy Fall rom The Sky or Rise Above
Okay how can I explain this best..
You phrase your sentence like this:
Last night, again only 6 songs from the new record... No California, Troubles. No place for Soldier,Volcano, Lucipher, Ballroom or Ordinary Love so far on this tour.

This indicates that sentence 2 is following sentence 1, ie a direct conclusion. Added to this is that you continue mentioning album songs. So the gist of your sentences after the first is to add to it. This brings in a contradiction as you mention all the album songs that are omitted, plus three random songs that are not on the album. While you probably did not intend the implication they were on the album, you phrase it like you did. So if you had stated it like your fact3, it would have all made sense and there wouldn't be a contradiction. :)

And BFFTS and Rise Above are formally no U2 songs, even though BFFTS was played by them once live (it kicked ass yes), it's still a soundtrack song not formally by U2 since Larry and Adam didn't play on the album nor wrote it. So you can mention them all you want but there is no sane argument for the band to play a song that isn't theirs (Yes, I know, they've done a few covers or semi U2 songs(Passengers) in the past, but those were singles and released on U2 albums (Best offs or RnH).

I'm still pissed off they didn't play Korova 1 during ZOOTV
Sure, play New Year's Day again :yawn:
:angry:

I'm absolutely certain someone was complaining about all of this online 22 years ago. Probably even 28 years ago. Oh yes, the internet has a looooooooooooooong straw.

I remember seeing an archive of Wire and/or the alt.music/fan.u2 usenet group somewhere awhile back that would have postings going back to the Zoo era, wish I could remember for which, and where that was.

the ZooTV shows really came together in Australia. I wish they had gotten to tour the Dirty Day/Daddy's Gonna Pay/Lemon show for more than just 10 shows. Europe deserved that shit too. the Macphisto bit with Desire was kinda awkward. I never thought Bad/SBS into Bullet worked that well, but Dirty Day was absolutely perfect! and the Lemon -> WOWY is the best segue into that they've ever done.

though the Desire/Ultraviolet bit in America was too perfect, I stated in another thread that Desire/God Pt II/Ultraviolet would've been the greatest thing ever and we'd all be raving about it to this day.

I love RTSS. And it has not been played to death live.

I like AIWIY as well but Bono can't pull it off anymore, time to retire it.

No way...I was at the show
and it was fucking great. He wasn't in top form probably cause of this bunch of LA shows in a row.... but to say he can't pull it off anymore is ludicrous.

If I were U2, I'd do another sort of radio free promo show at Red Rocks on June 5th. The 32nd anniversary of their legendary show their, plus they'll already be in Denver for 2 shows at the Pepsi Center. I know Red Rocks is a bigger venue than The Roxy, but if they announced that they were playing Red Rocks, on the anniversary especially, it'd generate some significant goodwill in the media, and this time they'd sell out Red Rocks!

I know if this were to happen, I'd drop everything, buy a plane ticket and fly to Denver. If my boss has a problem, I'd tell him to fuck off. If my wife didn't like it, I'd work out some kind of bartering system where she gets something she wants.

The possibilities could be LEGENDARY!

:lol:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

Though I will say that the new arrangement if SBS just straight up doesn't work...everyone goes crazy when the intro riff comes in...you can feel everyone waiting for it to take off but it never does...kills all the energy in the room

Sent from my SCH-I535 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom