2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love both songs, and I hate to agree with GG for so many reasons, but I'd choose AIWIY over RTSS just about every time….but, you cannot go wrong with either.
:angry: You're not allowed to agree with me! Change your opinion! NOW!

Now, if they were going to bring back the Zoo TV RTSS, I'd happily take that one over All I Want Is YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:drool: God yes on so many levels. Yesssss.

I've got to be honest. At this stage I'd ditch Streets from that encore, and have RTSS/AIWIY/Bad/40.

You may proceed to charge me with heresy.

Oh, what, so none of you cry like a baby playing RTSS 10 times a day? Yeah sure.
Honestly? The song never really did much to me, except for the ZooTv version. Sure it's a good song, but it's not very high in my ranks.

I'm sorry if this breaks our friendship. :sad:

I've got to be honest. At this stage I'd ditch Streets from that encore, and have RTSS/AIWIY/Bad/40.

You may proceed to charge me with heresy.

:tsk: *Charges*

I like AIWIY more than RTSS in general, but the RTSS>Streets transition is a little better than the (still awesome) AIWIY>Streets transition. Would be a win-win in the grand scheme of things no matter what.

I love RTSS. And it has not been played to death live.

I like AIWIY as well but Bono can't pull it off anymore, time to retire it.

"Retire" a song that's been played just 35 times in the past decade?

As it happens, RTSS has been played eleven more times than AIWIY in the same time period - albeit during a more concentrated period on Vertigo's first two legs, rather than rare performances scattered across six legs of two tours.

If I were U2, I'd do another sort of radio free promo show at Red Rocks on June 5th. The 32nd anniversary of their legendary show their, plus they'll already be in Denver for 2 shows at the Pepsi Center. I know Red Rocks is a bigger venue than The Roxy, but if they announced that they were playing Red Rocks, on the anniversary especially, it'd generate some significant goodwill in the media, and this time they'd sell out Red Rocks!

I know if this were to happen, I'd drop everything, buy a plane ticket and fly to Denver. If my boss has a problem, I'd tell him to fuck off. If my wife didn't like it, I'd work out some kind of bartering system where she gets something she wants.

The possibilities could be LEGENDARY!

All I want is full-band Stay. I would gladly listen to just a mainset of Stay, followed by a second set of Stay (with a fan playing guitar on one rendition, and a soulful acoustic version right after), concluding with an encore of Stay, followed by Stay, and finally with Bono talking over, but eventually leading into Stay (where he changes all the words to the chorus so no one can sing it but him).

All I want is full-band Stay. I would gladly listen to just a mainset of Stay, followed by a second set of Stay (with a fan playing guitar on one rendition, and a soulful acoustic version right after), concluding with an encore of Stay, followed by Stay, and finally with Bono talking over, but eventually leading into Stay (where he changes all the words to the chorus so no one can sing it but him).

What if the band came back for a second encore of Stay where Bono raps the lyrics? Would you... stay?

If I were U2, I'd do another sort of radio free promo show at Red Rocks on June 5th. The 32nd anniversary of their legendary show their, plus they'll already be in Denver for 2 shows at the Pepsi Center. I know Red Rocks is a bigger venue than The Roxy, but if they announced that they were playing Red Rocks, on the anniversary especially, it'd generate some significant goodwill in the media, and this time they'd sell out Red Rocks!

I know if this were to happen, I'd drop everything, buy a plane ticket and fly to Denver. If my boss has a problem, I'd tell him to fuck off. If my wife didn't like it, I'd work out some kind of bartering system where she gets something she wants.

I hope they're never going to play Red Rocks again tbh. They'll never top that incredible 1983 show, they just can't.

This thread made me go back and re-watch RTSS from ZooTV, man oh man, that song and the transition to Streets was the best moment, of the best tour they have ever done. After all these years it is still goosebump inducing.

I wish the band still had the same attitude that they had back during ZooTV, where they basically said they are going to play what works and not the hits, and if some fans don't like it we don't need them.

This is pretty fun to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry42AY3efqw

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I LOVE it!

even if i can't afford to go!

and I've been to Red Rocks (1979):love: on non event day! (wvisiting a cousin who was at Uni and we were riding around on hids motercycle!

Incredible place!!! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom