2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, you're only going to "miss it" if you waste your time arguing and/or ranting about it here. It's perfectly reasonable to wonder if this is the endgame.

It's just less reasonable to go on and on about it here in 18 different threads.

Am i right in saying that theve reduced some of the prices for the london 5th show. The corners that are left,some seats are now £90 and im sure they were all £165 the other day. Maybe its just me

Yea I don't doubt that this cycle will be the final one. I think it'll be a long cycle, but alas.

The end is near.

I'm fine with this.

I don't want them doing the Rolling Stones thing and going out on a greatest hits tour at 75 and releasing compilations and new albums full of crappy filler to justify it.

I would much prefer they plan it in such a way that their career wraps up, then they get to go off and enjoy retirement and do some charity/philanthropy work.

Just so long as we don't get constant rumours and talk about "reunion tours" and comeback shows for decades afterwards :crack:

I'd actually be fine with them doing the Rolling Stones thing every few years once they decide to stop making new music (at least in quantities enough to release albums), so long as they are still a viable live act. For all the criticism of the Stones (and I criticize their ticket pricing as loud as anyone), they still put on a pretty good concert even these days, if U2 can be doing that/want to do that 15-20 years from now, they should still tour.

It's a good thing the album was for free yeah. Still the only hardcopy missing from my collection.

Any plans to buy a hard copy of SOI?

large.jpg

It's a good thing the album was for free yeah. Still the only hardcopy missing from my collection.

I still went and ordered the deluxe from Amazon. Had it delivered the day the physical release came out. Did it strictly to have the hardcopy in our collection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

I'd actually be fine with them doing the Rolling Stones thing every few years once they decide to stop making new music (at least in quantities enough to release albums), so long as they are still a viable live act. For all the criticism of the Stones (and I criticize their ticket pricing as loud as anyone), they still put on a pretty good concert even these days, if U2 can be doing that/want to do that 15-20 years from now, they should still tour.

Agreed.

I'd like to see them do that as well, but they've always said they won't, so I don't expect it.

My mind is set in that they could/should end it all when the Live Nation contract expires in 2020.

SOE + tour + another album + final tour and we're done

And I will understand it and live happy.

They've always kind of alluded to 60 years old as being the cutoff. That'd put us at 2020. At that point it'll have been 4 years since the 2016 tour, which is the usual amount of time between U2 tours. The members will be 60 or so, and it'll be the 40th anniversary of their 1st album. It makes sense on many levels to quit around that time, and I would accept and respect that decision.

But they might get past 2020-2021's tour and realize "hey, we're still in good health, we're still interested in touring & recording, and there's a lot of money on the table... Why not go for it?" I'd be fine with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

They've always kind of alluded to 60 years old as being the cutoff. That'd put us at 2020. At that point it'll have been 4 years since the 2016 tour, which is the usual amount of time between U2 tours. The members will be 60 or so, and it'll be the 40th anniversary of their 1st album. It makes sense on many levels to quit around that time, and I would accept and respect that decision.

But they might get past 2020-2021's tour and realize "hey, we're still in good health, we're still interested in touring & recording, and there's a lot of money on the table... Why not go for it?" I'd be fine with that too.

Like and double like!

With Larry already barely able to drum every night (hence the 'acoustic' interlude last tours), and Bono's voice getting worse and worse as the tour progresses, I have a hard time seeing this happen.

Edge and Adam could go on though. :wink:

With Larry already barely able to drum every night (hence the 'acoustic' interlude last tours), and Bono's voice getting worse and worse as the tour progresses, I have a hard time seeing this happen.

Edge and Adam could go on though. :wink:

They have been doing "acoustic interludes" for decades. It's called taking a damn break to get a drink, use the loo, etc. Larry's been seeing the same doctors in Germany since ZooTv when he began his bull's blood injections. It amazes me how this forum never ceases to jump to "oh noes" conclusions every damn year. Almost makes me long for the internet free years where speculation like this wasnt such a problem. They went away to "dream it all up again" at the end of R&H/Lovetown and people have been saying each tour since is the last. Sheesh. That was 1989! This is 2015! Did I miss something here or has this fanbase REALLY had the same effing argument for 26 years???? :doh:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

yeah...what you said! :up:

Full speach...

Sing... for Dr King
For Dr King's dream
For a dream big enough to fit the whole world
A dream where everyone is created equal under the eyes of God
Everyone!
Not just an American dream
Or an Asian dream
Or a European dream
Also an African dream
Also an African dream!
Africa, Africa, Africa...
From the bridge at Selma in Mississippi
To the mouth of the river Nile
From the swamplands of Louisiana
To the high peaks of Kilimanjaro
From Dr. King's America
To Nelson Mandela's Africa
The journey of equality moves on
On!
On!
On!
On!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Boooo yaaaaaaaaaaa
Booooo yaaaaaa yooooo
Booo yaaaaa yoooo
Booo yaa yaaa yoooo
Boo yaa yaa ma ma maon
Booo boo yaa yaaa bo ba bo

:heart: :heart: :heart:

i saw him, once, 15 years ago on a muddy field in Belgium.

the man knows what he's doing.

I would've liked to have seen Bon Jovi 15 years ago. I really got into the Crush album, but I'm not a big fan of anything they've done in the last decade or so. I had tickets to see them in 2010 I think, but stupid work obligations forced me to not go at the last minute. I'm not sure I'd go now. It's kind of just a Jon Bon Jovi & Friends band now, with Sambora gone and all the extra musicians onstage. Plus, I don't like that they "went country" for one album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom