2015 U2 Tour - General Discussion Thread VI :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps they'll use these 5 nights in LA to debut some new songs into the mix. Elevation, New Years Day,... Maybe play Troubles and California... I can't really think of anything else...

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It'd be great to see Numb, Volcano, and Ballroom as well. Elevation is fine every once in a while, it's just when they wear it out to no end by playing it every night for 3 straight tours.
And yes, we need NYD asap. It's one of their best and should be played every single night of every tour.

That means it will instead debut in Barcelona, taking the place of Spanish Eyes on the printed setlist.

Just wanted to chime in from my weekend in Phoenix:

-Go see U2 if you can this tour. Awesome production and band was full of energy.

-Both shows were great. I enjoyed Friday more but both were great (both were top 5 U2 shows for me, seen them 15 times).

-This was my first time in Phoenix and seeing the dessert. Hearing all the Joshua Tree songs & Rattle & Hum songs were special and something I'll never forget. We went to the Zoo Saturday and I was singing 'In Gods County' all day while walking around looking at the cactus and terrain.

-All the new songs sound great too. I remember going to 360 shows and as much as I enjoy NLOTH, the songs fell flat. Not SOI. Crowd was responsive and into them. It helps U2 has great visuals with these songs. Something I felt the NLOTH songs were lacking w/ the 360 production.

-I was on the floor both nights, Red Zone 2nd night. And seeing the band perform this close was a dream come true. I watched Edge , Larry, & Adam alot on Saturday and they were so focused on making the songs sound good. Even Pride sounded fresh. Being close during those first 4 songs...OMG!!

-Hearing Miracle Drug as an encore song was.....:huh:. But my wife turned me around and there was a chemo/cancer survivor holding a play 'Miracle Drug' sign. Bono gave a shout out after to their party. Pretty cool moment.

-During Bad on Friday I really teared up. The music & moment really hit me. Following this band for nearly 25 years (saw ZooTV when I was 14). Having a 4 year old now who sings SOI with me and all the variables for these guys to tour the last 2 years all came together. Loved every moment of both shows and hopefully will see U2 again.

Don't worry too much about setlist, just go and cheer loud. Live in the U2 (live) moment!!

Forgot to post:

I was talking to one of the roadies (worked w/ U2 last tour too) and he was telling me there doing arenas next year in the US (starting in May) and stadiums in 2017.

Is Willie Williams doing his diary again? I don't see any posts on the website. A shame if he's not,,its always an interesting read.

Is Willie Williams doing his diary again? I don't see any posts on the website. A shame if he's not,,its always an interesting read.

Not seen it either and yep massive shame used to love his diary

Interesting indeed, I sure hope it's true! We've heard rumors about U2 in Europe (Spain specifically) in March. Edge alluded to have 10 weeks off at the end of the tour, which would mean February. Maybe the plan is Europe arenas in February-April, North America arenas next summer, and then Australia arenas later in the year.

Then stadiums in 2017, with South America, Europe and even North America getting some shows. By 2017, all the stadium friendly NA markets (NYC, Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, LA, San Fran, etc) will have had 2 years to recharge demand. Plus hopefully we'll have a new album!

Exciting times indeed.

Interesting indeed, I sure hope it's true! We've heard rumors about U2 in Europe (Spain specifically) in March. Edge alluded to have 10 weeks off at the end of the tour, which would mean February. Maybe the plan is Europe arenas in February-April, North America arenas next summer, and then Australia arenas later in the year.

Then stadiums in 2017, with South America, Europe and even North America getting some shows. By 2017, all the stadium friendly NA markets (NYC, Boston, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, LA, San Fran, etc) will have had 2 years to recharge demand. Plus hopefully we'll have a new album!

Exciting times indeed.

I asked him about the 'mobile recording studio' too. He said they have a recording studio with them and there working on new music but laughed when I asked you think they'll have a new album next year. Both alluding to the fact that U2 takes forever.

U2 would be crazy not to take this show out for another year. Really amazing visuals and sound!

The show is like a Popmart/Elevation hybrid. The screen is like Popmart and the performance is like Elevation (main stage being really simple).

new year's day needs to be played. does bad get played tonight or tomorrow? please let it be Wednesday.

Of all the "warhorses", NYD is on of my favorites. Plus I think the audiences are impressed when edge does guitar / keyboard double duty. If certainly take it over " I will follow", or at least have it rotate with IWF.

Elevation is almost a guarantee at some point. I can't believe Volcano hasn't been played yet. If you'd have told me last fall that volcano wasn't a tour staple if have not believed it.

Hey folks, going to the LA show tonight. Can anyone who's been to one of the earlier shows give me an idea of what the best spot on the floor is for a decent view between the two stages/catwalk? Apologies if this has already been covered in here.

Hey folks, going to the LA show tonight. Can anyone who's been to one of the earlier shows give me an idea of what the best spot on the floor is for a decent view between the two stages/catwalk? Apologies if this has already been covered in here.

In the middle of GA... if you want to see the screen, stand towards the back, if you want to be close to the band, try to get rail on the catwalk.

Of all the "warhorses", NYD is on of my favorites. Plus I think the audiences are impressed when edge does guitar / keyboard double duty.

Edge does this on Raised by Wolves. It is impressive.

As for GA, I made out well by moving along the outside of the crowd from I to E and back and could get within 10 feet of them most of the time.

If they're willing to do Europe in arenas, hopefully that means they will bring the arena setup to us as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom