Opening Acts 2010 - Lenny Kravitz, Interpol, The Fray and more

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long is the support act's set usually? My daughter is actually interested in going with me because she likes Muse and she likes NLOTH better than the last couple of albums but she wanted to know how long Muse was likely to play.

Dana

Usually get a good hour, if I'm not mistaken. Then again, Muse is really in another league! I could see U2 have them as a "Special Guest" and have them play a longer set (kind of like what they did at Slane 2001 with Coldplay and the Chili Peppers!). Only speculation though

I think the ads for Tampa do have them billed as Special Guests so you are saying that makes a difference in how long they play?

Dana

I think the ads for Tampa do have them billed as Special Guests so you are saying that makes a difference in how long they play?

Dana

I think all supports are always labeled as "Special Guests," so I don't think that's the key. I'm just saying I don't think Muse is just "any other support band" and I could see them play well beyond the usual timeframe. Again, this is only pure speculation on my side...

I think all supports are always labeled as "Special Guests," so I don't think that's the key. I'm just saying I don't think Muse is just "any other support band" and I could see them play well beyond the usual timeframe. Again, this is only pure speculation on my side...

Ok, thanks for the info.

Dana

Usually get a good hour, if I'm not mistaken. Then again, Muse is really in another league! I could see U2 have them as a "Special Guest" and have them play a longer set (kind of like what they did at Slane 2001 with Coldplay and the Chili Peppers!). Only speculation though

Actually it's usually only 40-45 minutes. But the show is starting a half-hour earlier than usual at Giants Stadium, so I think Muse may actually get a full hour-75 minutes.

Not if it pushes U2 to shorten their sets to adhere to curfews, Muse will be some fun, but I don't want that coming at the expense of U2.

Yeah for a full set from them, wait until their next album and subsequent tour, we've been waiting this long for our U2 fix, and with a stadium tour there are fewer opportunities to fulfill it, gotta milk it for all you can.

Actually it's usually only 40-45 minutes. But the show is starting a half-hour earlier than usual at Giants Stadium, so I think Muse may actually get a full hour-75 minutes.

now this would be AWESOME! i hope this pans out!:hyper:

anyone else hear anymore about The Frames maybe opening for Dublin 3? This would so cool, love these guys!

^ Really. I didn't hear that. So we might get 3 different openers in Dublin.

for the folks in Texas and France we have this info from muselive.com

12-10-2009 14:00 GMT-04 hours Muse @ Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Arlington
Muse will be supporting U2

Ticketmaster
14-10-2009 14:00 GMT-04 hours Muse @ Reliant Stadium, Houston
Muse will be supporting U2

Ticketmaster
25-11-2009 14:30 GMT-04 hours Muse @ Le Zenith, Toulouse
Muse are rumoured to be performing at Le Zenith, Toulouse on the 25th November.

I don't know Muse, but I'd rather see them than BEP. I like BEP music for dancing, but I have no desire to see them live. Meh!

they're playing in texas?????!!! ok that stings a bit. I felt better when I thought they were east coast only, but they're crossing the mississippi. damn

I don't know Muse, but I'd rather see them than BEP. I like BEP music for dancing, but I have no desire to see them live. Meh!

Oh kaffy, u sheltered girl.we need to help enlighten you. U needz to go to youtube or itunes and pull up songs like starlight, knights of cydonia, hysteria,bliss,new born, supermassive black hole, time is running out, stockholm syndrome, citizen erased, plug in baby to name a few. Ck those out and tell me what you think. :D

But wouldn't it would be fun dancing with the strangers after a couple beers an get your groove on somewhat before the main act goes on stage? :wink:

I think so.

I like BEP tunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom