The Temple Bar ~ Oh God we need a drink of cooool cooool rain!!! UYFA! :eyebrow:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes certain people's voices make me so fucking angry.

mad.jpg

VintagePunk said:
Ack - you people are killing me - they blow! Hard. :sad:

There are many bands I'm meh about, and a few I dislike...but other than AC/DC, I can't think of any I actively hate.

How about Rush :sick:

how is icky thump? too lazy to go to B&C
what would you compare it to?

Yay April :up:

redkat said:

it'll take me a few hundred more listenings to give an opinion on Icky Thump. There was a link near the last page or two (if I recall) in the White Stripes thread with a link to an MTV website/leak of the whole CD. You can listen there. I enjoyed them on Conan last night - they played two songs too! :happy:

redkat said:

I can take Rush or leave them...some of their songs are killer, the rest are overblown, overrated prog rock...and we all know prog rock is synonomous with :reject:

That said my buddy :love: them and we're going to see them in August...I'll probably dig every 4th song or so...:shrug:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Prog rock bores the hell out of me. :shifty:

:up:

Reg, someone was telling me about their Rush concert experience. He said there were VERY few women and joints being passed all around. The crowd was mellow :wink:

have you been before?

Reggie Thee Dog said:

I can take Rush or leave them...some of their songs are killer, the rest are overblown, overrated prog rock...and we all know prog rock is synonomous with :reject:

That said my buddy :love: them and we're going to see them in August...I'll probably dig every 4th song or so...:shrug:

Seeing them live is one thing. I saw them several times (on one tour) back in the 80s (boyfriend at the times fave band). But yeah, I can do without them as well. Can I add old Van Halen too. It's just been played to death, and I just don't ever need to hear it again. Sorry Reg, I know this probably doesn't sit well with you.

Good afternoon :wave:

Pedicures :drool:

I have a ticket buying decision to make :hmm:

Fray, Dolores O'Riordan & Stephen Stills tickets are half price today...

To buy or not to buy...

I haven't even checked to see if I'm working or not :huh:

redkat said:
Delores O'riordan is solo now?

I gave myself a pedicure last night :D

According to House of Blues she is :yes:

And what colour are your toe nails :flirt:

Ok, I'm out of town for Dolores O'Riordan but I'm available for both Stephen Still and the Fray....and it appears that, speaking of prog rock/supergroups, Asia is on the half price list too.

Beav - did you mean the interpretation of voices :happy:

For the small sum of $40 blood money Air Canada will switch my ticket :drool:

Last edited:
Well, my "course" was boring and totally not useful to me at all. :happy: At least it wasted an hour today, and another hour tomorrow.

The Fray sounds good, fah!

I just heard that Amy Winehouse & Paolo Nutini are coming in September. Not sure if any of my friends would be into seeing them live, but I think I'm definitely going to go.

ThoraSEB said:
Well, my "course" was boring and totally not useful to me at all. :happy: At least it wasted an hour today, and another hour tomorrow.

The Fray sounds good, fah!

I just heard that Amy Winehouse & Paolo Nutini are coming in September. Not sure if any of my friends would be into seeing them live, but I think I'm definitely going to go.

Sorry about the course :happy:

I'm going to wait til the older mini fahs get home from school. I think they like the Fray. They're playing at Deer Lake Park so we'd be at the mercy of the weather gods.

Amy Winehouse :hmm:

~really going now~

redkat said:

:up:

Reg, someone was telling me about their Rush concert experience. He said there were VERY few women and joints being passed all around. The crowd was mellow :wink:

have you been before?

Yes I have...and to honest I don't remember it was like 15 or 16 years ago...I mean they're :| at best...but I like their big songs...:yes:

UberBeaver said:

At the time, no. I meant it literally. Now, however, it goes both ways, ey. Like NSW. Who I can mock all I want now cause he doesn't visit here anymore. Cause he thinks I'm a cock bagel.

Yeah, that's OK Beav, NSW too good for us...he went solo and left us to pick up the pieces of Douche Monkey...:angry:

F' NSW and his All Star Band!!! :madwife:

fah said:

According to House of Blues she is :yes:

And what colour are your toe nails :flirt:

Ok, I'm out of town for Dolores O'Riordan but I'm available for both Stephen Still and the Fray....and it appears that, speaking of prog rock/supergroups, Asia is on the half price list too.

boring french pedicure. I love red but its' too high maintenance.

Snow getting her ticket switched :hyper:

redkat said:

Yeah, not so much. They're more in the meh to mild dislike category for me. I went through a mini-Rush phase about 6 or 7 years ago, and downloaded a handful of their songs. One song I do like is Lakeside Park...holds some nostalgia for me.

I agree about prog rock dislike in general, but there are a few bands who sort of border that genre that I like. I've heard Floyd called prog before, and I love them. I also like some Genesis, a few Supertramp songs...but I can't listen to it very often, it wears thin.

Back
Top Bottom