Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If Spotify would actually let you upload your collection, I'd be all over it because I enjoyed the service when I had it, but the omission of that feature is puzzling, and they won't get my business unless they implement it.

Overall, Apple Music is cleaner and smoother than Google Play Music. I used to love Google Music, but it's so stuttery and takes too many clicks to actually get to the album you want.

And then finally, Apple still gets the early exclusives more than the other services. And with Apple desperate to take down Spotify, they'll definitely keep the features and development coming.

Im surprised that people outside of Japan had Mini Discs i thought it was Japanese thing and they weren't even liked there

I stopped at 3 truck stops...these places still carry fucking CB Radios, after all...and none of them had the 30 pin to USB. Just the lightning thingy to USB.

That genuinely surprises me. The big truck stops tend to have things you didn't even know you needed. I once bought a silk pillow at one depicting a semi driving above a bald eagle made of flames with the words Forged in Fire. When I paid for it, the guy at the register asked me to marry him.

On a less interesting note, I am also a Spotify subscriber. My home computer self-updated to the newest Windows and lost its ability to connect to wifi. Haven't messed with my iTunes library since.

I do still have an iPod and use it in the car from time to time if I want to put an artist's entire catalog on shuffle. And I still scrobble to last.fm and check my charts on the regular.

That genuinely surprises me. The big truck stops tend to have things you didn't even know you needed. I once bought a silk pillow at one depicting a semi driving above a bald eagle made of flames with the words Forged in Fire. When I paid for it, the guy at the register asked me to marry him.

On a less interesting note, I am also a Spotify subscriber. My home computer self-updated to the newest Windows and lost its ability to connect to wifi. Haven't messed with my iTunes library since.

I do still have an iPod and use it in the car from time to time if I want to put an artist's entire catalog on shuffle. And I still scrobble to last.fm and check my charts on the regular.

I'm pretty sure one of the truck stops I stopped at in Iowa was the whole town. I took a picture of the sign advertising a church service at the truckers christian chapel.

I'm pretty sure one of the truck stops I stopped at in Iowa was the whole town. I took a picture of the sign advertising a church service at the truckers christian chapel.

The I-80 truck stop? Biggest one in America. That thing has a bowling alley and a movie theater. I once went to Iowa City to see a football game (Arizona v Iowa) then road tripped it up to Lambeau Field in Green Bay for a game (the infamous Ocho Cinco Lambeau Leap) and had to go by that place two times. It is pretty amazing. Also has a full food court

Im surprised that people outside of Japan had Mini Discs i thought it was Japanese thing and they weren't even liked there

I had a Minidisc Walkman and a standalone Minidisc player to transfer CDs in the mid 90s. I had a small collection of pre-recorded Minidiscs as well. I later had a compact stereo system with a 3-CD changer and a Minidisc player/recorder. Sold all of it to someone in the early 00's.

I actually kind of liked the format, but MP3 was ultimately more convenient, obviously.

I mean, not as convenient as listening to The Unforgettable Fire on a Discman at the gym, but pretty convenient.

The I-80 truck stop? Biggest one in America. That thing has a bowling alley and a movie theater. I once went to Iowa City to see a football game (Arizona v Iowa) then road tripped it up to Lambeau Field in Green Bay for a game (the infamous Ocho Cinco Lambeau Leap) and had to go by that place two times. It is pretty amazing. Also has a full food court

That's probably the one. It was pretty insane.

That truck stop could have accommodated them. Probably had a hotel on the 3rd floor.

But I bet even that place doesn't have a 30 pin to USB. Because Apple has had their minions remove them from everywhere.

I mean, not as convenient as listening to The Unforgettable Fire on a Discman at the gym, but pretty convenient.

I tell you, nothing gets me more pumped than running full bore to Elvis Presley and America.

PUUUUUUUUUMPED.

Because Apple has had their minions remove them from everywhere.

latest

Truly the most exhilarating track from that era is Bass Trap.

But Bass Trap isn't on the original UF CD. So you can't run on the treadmill at the gym with it playing in the boom box you have on your shoulder, which really stings.

10478_10151875816815663_1836396978_n.jpeg
Peef?

Last edited:
A common sight around Chicago is people on bikes carrying those giant boom boxes. Not sure how they manage to do it.

Saw a clip of the Zane Lowe interview. Bono quoted lyrics from a song called American Soul, which will be on SOE, and I got the impression that this song is where the lyrics to the Kendrick collaboration came from.

I recently had to buy a smaller version of one of those to get a proper cassette player. I have a box of tapes from my radio days and got an urge to listen to them the other day while unpacking after a move, and realized I didn't have a cassette player anywhere in the mess of old electronic equipment that I seem to attract like a magnet.

As a kid, my boom box was the bomb...the speakers detached, and it had a 5 slide EQ. And a Social D sticker. I was the shit in my circle of imaginary friends.

Back
Top Bottom