Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you've ever heard an emo or post-rock or Sufjan Stevens album, chances are you're completely numb to long song titles.

It's more that Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way is the worst.

"the best thing that ever happened a boy"
:huh:
This stood out to me when the song leaked in that Kygo version like a year ago. It wasn't changed.

I've been a U2 fan for a long time and this is one of the most baffling lyrics I can remember seeing from Bono. I can't wrap my head around it. Does anybody have any attempt at an explanation for this line?

I like the bass. And that is Edge singing lead toward the end, right?

Bono just does not sound that good here. Let Edge sing the rest of the songs.

Shame on me for being optimistic after The Blackout.

pretty much how i feel.

it's not as cringe-inducing as boots but i'm pretty sure i'll never go out of my way to listen to it again after this.

almost time for a new thread, can we please make a title that isn't about fucko for once?

Why are people asking if it's Edge? Obviously it's him. Who the fuck else would it be?
Come on man, it's not that strange to at least be a little curious about it. Edge has sung lead on like 4 or 5 songs ever. I knew it was him, but mentioned it in my post because it's enough of a rarity to at least spark a little bit of wonder, and thought it was worth discussion. As in "Hey that's Edge right?!? He should sing more!"

Back
Top Bottom