Shuttlecock XVI - Cobbler's Revenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it would be pretty damn hilarious if Songs of Experience was actually a compilation with Black Out and Best Thing as the obligatory new tracks. Imagine that as a meltdown.

Someone claimed the lyrics contained a dig at the song from "frozen" because it beat U2 for the Oscar.

Not only is that really fucking stupid, the song was out before the Oscars happened.

KFC5150 .

img_3413_0.jpg

So Peef was at the show tonight and there were no significant or unexpected setlist changes. The curse is broken?

Unless...except...One got the 'Hear Us Coming' coda on nearly every night of the tour so far, but tonight, it was a Drowning Man snippet instead, per U2gigs.

Curse still alive? Hard to call a rare Drowning Man snippet a bad thing, even if it is at the expense of Hear Us Coming.

Fuck no, find it yourself.

Crarky returns!!

So Peef was at the show tonight and there were no significant or unexpected setlist changes. The curse is broken?

Unless...except...One got the 'Hear Us Coming' coda on nearly every night of the tour so far, but tonight, it was a Drowning Man snippet instead, per U2gigs.

Curse still alive? Hard to call a rare Drowning Man snippet a bad thing, even if it is at the expense of Hear Us Coming.

I'm pretty sure it has been at every other show, or at least from what I've seen.

The song definitely drops a notch without it.

Peef did to see "Sil" go up on stage during Mysterious Ways, so at least he got to witness someone dying.

Last edited:
The only other show this tour that didn't get Hear Us Coming was the tour opener in Vancouver. But getting a Drowning Man snippet is pretty special. I'd accept that in lieu of Hear Us Coming.

Did anyone listen to Sil's Mixlr? If so, do they have hearing left?

What a blunder, seriously. Oh well, I suppose Boots and Miracle needed U2 to release another shitty lead single so that they could form a proper club.

The title makes me think this is like the exact opposite of Ugly Kid Joe's 'I Hate Everything About You'. Still not listening to it though.

I don't know why this band is so utterly incapable of sounding even the least bit organic anymore. It must be some kind of hell to stitch together a song like this.

Back
Top Bottom