ZooTV DVD out September 27!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LightMyWay60 said:
Personally, I would like to have the box set sometime around Christmas. I wouldn't mind waiting until the end of all the legs of the tour to be over for the Chicago or Milan Vertigo dvd's.
:up: Me too. The Boxset for Christmas would be phenomenal. I can't wait for the Vertigo dvd's but in all honesty I wold way rather the boxset first.

Max_theHitman said:
SOMEBODY GET PAUL McGUINESS Phone Number QUICK!!

We need for these people to release these DVD´s (and soon!)
No one is getting any younger, ya know Mr.McGuiness, Bono, Larry, Edge and Adam, anyone else listening?

I have been a fan of U2 since 1981, and I have invested and donated alot for this band´s success. I have supported them throughout the years and NOW that we finally have DVD to better watch these magnificent concerts in all their glory, why keep stalling their release dates??!!!
*MAX screams*AAAAAAAGHgh!!

Give it up man!
Give it up for the fans and for the people!!
Release the DVD´s !!

AMEN!

honestly...i could care less for vertigo dvds right now.....it has been 12 years since the sydney show and people are still DYING to see this....there is plenty of time to see vertigo stuff, i'll worry about that around 2015:madspit:

give me sydney....amazing setlist :wink:

BonoManiac said:

Yes it's the one near McGill on the corner of St.Catherine and Peel. Tell your girlfriend to go downstairs.

Je ne comprende pas?

PS, do you go there?

Last edited:
Should we ask Paul McGuiness? Yes, we should! Do you all remember how the Slane DVD came to be? If I remember correctly, there was some sort of friendly petition asking, very nicely, if they would kindly release Slane on DVD. And they did. Right?

Keep in mind, though, that the Slane petition happened because there was official word that the band didn't want to release it.

Rachel D. said:
Should we ask Paul McGuiness? Yes, we should! Do you all remember how the Slane DVD came to be? If I remember correctly, there was some sort of friendly petition asking, very nicely, if they would kindly release Slane on DVD. And they did. Right?

Keep in mind, though, that the Slane petition happened because there was official word that the band didn't want to release it.
I remember that. :yes: :hmm:

Just to give everyone an update. I went to different stores and no one knows what I'm talking about. Then,just today, I went back to the same HMV store and the sign was still there: U2 Zoo TV live from Sydney out September 27.

I asked an employee to check the computer system and again nothing came up. He said that's not unusual, sometimes it's not in the system.

I guess we shall see tomorrow. I'm sorry if I gave anyone false hope! I was so excited when I saw that sign 3 weeks ago!

Rachel D. said:
That sign is really odd. At least the Vertigo DVD is coming out soon.

Yeah the Chicago dvd sounds like it will be pretty cool, an article over at @U2 said it might contain footage from more than one of the nights. I think it also said theres a documentary and some additional performances.

But still, I don't understand why they wouldn't release zootv on dvd, clearly there is a large number of people that would be willing to buy it so I don't think there would be a problem selling it.

BonoManiac said:
Just to give everyone an update. I went to different stores and no one knows what I'm talking about. Then,just today, I went back to the same HMV store and the sign was still there: U2 Zoo TV live from Sydney out September 27.

I asked an employee to check the computer system and again nothing came up. He said that's not unusual, sometimes it's not in the system.

I guess we shall see tomorrow. I'm sorry if I gave anyone false hope! I was so excited when I saw that sign 3 weeks ago!

OK, It´s September 27... did it come out??
Anywhere on the planet? :eyebrow:

I also made a reserve order for 5 DVD´s at FNAC here in Europe, but no one was sure if it is ever coming out on DVD.
No news on the web either (anywhere) :sad:

SOMEBODY GET PAUL McGUINESS PHONE NUMBER!! :mad:

aaaaaaaaaaargh this is ver-ry confusing right now. do we need a petition? I'm sick of rumours, we need some facts! Are they even going to release it? They HAVE TO! zoo tv!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

isn't there another rumour going on about some dvd-box-set-thingy with the zoo tv dvd? what's that then?
Come on! what's going on?

WHERE IS ZOO-TV SYDNEY DVD???

I'm getting REALLY frustrated due to U2's (/U2 management's) inability to release ZOO-TV SYDNEY on DVD format! The demand is there - what on earth is stopping them from releasing it?

I heard some promising news about a year ago and though - yes, I'll finally be able to buy it in 2005, but now I realise it's not going to happen.

HOW MANY MORE YEARS DO WE HAVE TO WAIT? 1, 2, 10?? 15???

Maybe it's about time WE do something about it, because industry bosses seem to be incapable of doing it. I'M ASKING YOU - DO YOU WANT OUR MONEY OR DON'T?

Maybe it's time to rebel! Maybe it's about time to take the justice to our own hands. Maybe it's time to LIBERATE ZOO-TV SYDNEY! Zoo-TV Sydney is too precious to be lost because some industry managers can't decide whether to release it or not. It is a lifesaver to some of us. When you're feeling down you just watch it and you feel better. It is one of the best - if not THE best live capture of any U2 gig. Last time I saw it was in 1994. I'm tired of waiting to see it again.

There is a high quality, digital version of Zoo-TV Sydney available and there are people who have it. It is stored on huge compact disc. It would be possible to transfer it to DVD. HOW ABOUT LIBERATING IT TO THE U2 COMMUNITY? I'm talking about making a DVD out of it, making professional looking DVD covers and sharing it freely to whoever U2 fan who is interested. WE HAVE WAITED ENOUGH! They obviously don't want our money.

i'm pretty sure that the zoo tv sydney and the mexico popmart will be released next year around christmas as a sort of compendium. don't expect them this year, it's pretty impossible because 2 VERTIGO DVD ARE ALREADY COMING OUT!!!!!!

Re: WHERE IS ZOO-TV SYDNEY DVD???

flameandthefire said:
I'm talking about making a DVD out of it, making professional looking DVD covers and sharing it freely to whoever U2 fan who is interested. WE HAVE WAITED ENOUGH! They obviously don't want our money.

The trading community is waaayyy ahead of you. I've an unedited DVD of ZooTV Sydney in my collection.

If you ask me, though, a complete Red Rocks on DVD is a far more pressing priority. Better performance, better songs, better atmosphere.

Re: Re: WHERE IS ZOO-TV SYDNEY DVD???

Axver said:

The trading community is waaayyy ahead of you. I've an unedited DVD of ZooTV Sydney in my collection.

Yeah, I know that some people have it. But it's only a very small minority. I mean liberating it to the masses. Making it available in all major trading communities.

And by the way, which version have you got? Is it transfered from VHS? We need to have the high quality digital version as DVD.

Re: Re: Re: WHERE IS ZOO-TV SYDNEY DVD???

flameandthefire said:

Yeah, I know that some people have it. But it's only a very small minority. I mean liberating it to the masses. Making it available in all major trading communities.

And by the way, which version have you got? Is it transfered from VHS? We need to have the high quality digital version as DVD.

It's not as if it's being hoarded. Anyone who'd like the DVD could easily work out a trade. I'd even suggest torrenting it but I don't think it'd be permitted on the major torrent sites due to the fact the vast majority of it is unofficial.

I've no idea what version I've got - only watched it once and not even all the way through at that. I'd rather watch DVDs from the eighties tours, even if the quality tends to suck.

they need to release every video they have done...i want em all :drool: :drool: but i am looking forward to zoo & popmart on dvd. finally!!

question: Would you rather have Sydney and Mexico rereleased on DVD or another U2 performance from the same tour?

Back
Top Bottom